Some help on specs and pricing please guys
Hey everyone,

I stumbled across a video of this game on YouTube and it looks pretty awesome. I want to have a play and see what it's all about for myself. But i have a few questions before i do. Is the game realistic when it comes to handling? would i need a gaming pad or will a keyboard be fine? Is the game free software or a demo? If it is a demo where can i find the PC game for sale? I can't seem to find it online from where i get my usual games. I have a pretty old laptop so i also need a little advice on whether it will run on my comp or not, i have a 4GB RAM, 1TB hard drive and inter i5. If there are any other specs you need just comment below and i will add them in.

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions guys but i'm clueless and really interested to get gaming. Looking forward to your reply's guys!! Thanks
http://www.australia.for-sale.com/
#2 - BeNoM
Welcome to the forum! Big grin

1. Yes this game is extremely realistic in terms of physics/handling.

2. You can play it on anything, even mouse (which is quite popular)

3. The game has a full-time demo with 3 cars and 3 tracks, more content does cost. But the demo does have multiplayer.

4. The game is for PC only, you can download it from here: https://www.lfs.net/downloads

5. This game will literally run on any computer, so no need to worry about that.

P.S. Is the Youtube video in question SlapTrain's "Let's Play? of this game? Smile
Just play demo to check if your laptop handles it but i'm sure it does.

About controllers all works but wheel is best.

All info is there on www.lfs.net
Thanks for the reply's guys!! i am going to download the demo now and get myself racing see what it's all about!!

I will be back soon!! Thanks again guys
If your trying online then nubbins AU cruise demo will have bots cruising, thats good for you to get used to traffic, there isn't much online down here sadly. If you try racing on American or Euro servers then check your ping. Some servers are ok, others just ban you from being from the Southern Hemosphere.

Welcome to the game and feel free to ask any questions here, most of use are fairly friendly. Smile
Where has the best ping? so i can play as smoothly as possible?? and is there anyway to change my IP address to trick them into thinking i am in their country?? There are a few ways to do it on this site http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip but i don't want to mess anything up
Aust Smile

Ping is the second column on multiplayer/show server.

There are a few Aust/NZ servers but they are fairly empty. If you sort by ping (left mouse button, ping ) then that will show the better servers. Try not to go online with a ping greater than 250 ( Welcome to Australasia ) until you have online experience. Nubbin's is great to practice Blackwood, I suggest playing there for a while to get experience.
#9 - BeNoM
Changing your IP won't make any difference, it's not dependent on country only ping.

Even so the only way to change your IP is with a VPN and that'd make everything even more slower and more latency.
Yup, what Racer said. In a conpetitive server high ping and less than par experience don't mix well. Try the Nubbins server, or throw in a couple AIs in Single Player mode and race them instead.

Once you get below, let's say.. 1:16 for FBM and 1:39 for GTi class you should be fine to race in the race servers. Just remember to race cleanly and mind the start mess into turn 1.

edit: tip, I race with 260 ms ping at best as well. Don't wiggle the steering too much (unecessary tapping on left right keys, mouse movement) so your laggy car won't teleport around left and right and knock someone alongside you. Just LFS netcoding.
Also, try not to tailgate someone into the braking zone. A late braking and your lagging ghost car may tap the car infront even if you didn't physically do.
Overall, offline and AI training will definitely help fine tune your driving and give you scenarios to work with, so that you will take the correct actions in a online race.
I will go a practise in the Nubbins sever so i can get a feel for the handling. Hopfully i don't have many issues when it comes to lagging, this would be aweful in a racing game. When i have got used to the game i will set up an account and ge racing with yo all!! Thanks for the reply's guys back soon
Not going to lie i might have to get a steering wheel for the computer i am finding the controls a little difficult
Get a G27 off Gumtree, they're extremely cheap ($150) Big grin
ANDREJ,

Where did you find LFS? Source?
Quote from LFSANDREJ :Hey everyone,

I stumbled across a video of this game on YouTube and it looks pretty awesome.

^^^
Quote from LFSANDREJ :Not going to lie i might have to get a steering wheel for the computer i am finding the controls a little difficult

The mouse and/or keyboard controls are very different from what you might expect from other racing games. They take some time to get used to.

A wheel is highly recommended for LFS, especially one with force feedback (e.g. Logitech G25/G27/G29). IMO, LFS still has the best force feedback implementation of any racing sim.
deffo, if you're tight on budget a Xbox360 pad will do OKish, but wheel is still miles better
Quote :Is the game realistic when it comes to handling?

Pretty much,one of best (in my opinion)
Quote :would i need a gaming pad or will a keyboard be fine"

You can use keyboard and mouse. I'd prefer mouse over wheel too.But later,you can upgrade to wheel because feedback is good.
Quote :I have a pretty old laptop

I used to play LFS on like 15 year pc and it worked pefectly fine. (You will get lag in newer maps)
Quote : Haha how do u know???

I saw posts about newer maps and having lag there.
Using your common sense will give you same result.
I don't see a difference in FPS
i literally used to play lfs when i first started on a small toaster Big grin
I suppose that link there is some hidden spam? Well done.
Quote from neonmateo :Pretty much,one of best (in my opinion)

You can use keyboard and mouse. I'd prefer mouse over wheel too.But later,you can upgrade to wheel because feedback is good.

You prefer mouse over wheel? Uhmm

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG