The online racing simulator
0.6R Car Physics changes(?)
(94 posts, started )
Quote from taipalsaari :Has there been any car/tyre physics changes done to 0.6R?Because comparing .6N and 6R theres a lot of difference in how cars behave (on 36 degree angle).I know Live for speed is mostly about racing and not drift and I already feel sorry for wasting your time with this, but for some people who enjoy lfs drifting it's a bit of a game-breaker.

The issue:
snip blah

Gonna give my 2 cents on this since I race, and I drift, and I personally have a good touch on car handling.

You're modulating the throttle and brake for your 0.6R run more actively than your 0.6N run. You're carrying more speed in your 0.6N run because of your confidence that the steering is "how it should be".
In the 0.6R run you are more cautious, hence the less angle control, (not that you carried more than 20 degrees anyway..)
Using Cold tires also means you naturally have to fight the car more to maintain a constant velocity as the grip-tarmac-slide threshold is slimmer than it is when you've preheated (golden line is harder to find). During a preheat run you will be able to slide out easier and hold it at an angle without juttering the wheel. This explains your throttle-brake modulation.

It's all probably a placebo effect, when you think "oh god, this changed so this is worse than what it was before".
Nothing has changed with the cars and their physics, as Scawen has highlighted. It's probably either, like I said, placebo, or your've tried the new extended lock, felt weird, returned to 36 and felt weird again.

Apart from BL track becoming bumpier and having a better racing feel, nothing has changed with how the car handles in drifting. Use 36 degree lock if you cannot feel the slide in the 45 lock.

I hope this has clarified the issue, as it's gotten cancerous to this point.
On behalf of all the faceplamed foreheads, I'm out.

Cheers
People and Scawen itself stated that if physics changed even 0.00000000000000001% all replays would be obsolete.....
If physics really changed, replays from the other 0.6 versions wouldnt be able to replay, and of course people would notice this change.
You think that if physics changed players will ignore it?
I agree that its a placebo effect that makes you think physics changed, when in fact it didn't.
What else do we need to explain? A developer replied to you that physics didn't change, but still you disagree on it lel.
And if physics changed then they would appear on the changelog of a new update.

--Why would Scawen lie about physics change?--

Your mind is playing with you.
you make 0 sense....
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :
What else do we need to explain? A developer replied to you that physics didn't change, but still you disagree on it lel.
And if physics changed then they would appear on the changelog of a new update.

You mean the same way first person camera default setting values changes appeared (actually didnt) in the 0.6Q changelog?

Anyway someone experienced will notice from this vid what im talking about, I wont write here anymore as to not cause more "heat"

Quote from k_badam :you make 0 sense....

ikr, only if you would stop and think for a second rather than being a sheep

Bye!
Quote from MicroSpecV :Gonna give my 2 cents on this since I race, and I drift, and I personally have a good touch on car handling.

You're modulating the throttle and brake for your 0.6R run more actively than your 0.6N run. You're carrying more speed in your 0.6N run because of your confidence that the steering is "how it should be".
In the 0.6R run you are more cautious, hence the less angle control, (not that you carried more than 20 degrees anyway..)
Using Cold tires also means you naturally have to fight the car more to maintain a constant velocity as the grip-tarmac-slide threshold is slimmer than it is when you've preheated (golden line is harder to find). During a preheat run you will be able to slide out easier and hold it at an angle without juttering the wheel. This explains your throttle-brake modulation.

It's all probably a placebo effect, when you think "oh god, this changed so this is worse than what it was before".
Nothing has changed with the cars and their physics, as Scawen has highlighted. It's probably either, like I said, placebo, or your've tried the new extended lock, felt weird, returned to 36 and felt weird again.

Apart from BL track becoming bumpier and having a better racing feel, nothing has changed with how the car handles in drifting. Use 36 degree lock if you cannot feel the slide in the 45 lock.

I hope this has clarified the issue, as it's gotten cancerous to this point.
On behalf of all the faceplamed foreheads, I'm out.

Cheers

Read, Taipalsaari Smile . Your LX video shows the exact same thing, just with a car harder to control...
Your LX gearing is slightly off, which is why you have to upshift because you run out of revs, and that kills the momentum.
The transitioning in 0.6R run was actually more aggressive, which meant that you had less reaction time to correct any mistakes, which is why you had to take several bites and correct more.
All this seems to me like you're runnng 45 degrees on 0.6R and 35 in 0.6N. It looks like you're catching the transition too early with the extra lock amount, which is why you had less angle, had to boot the throttle, and because of cold tires, it didn't slide, and you ended up pushing wide on a number of occasions.

For me, it just looks like you're trying too hard on 0.6R to match what you think is a perfect handling of 0.6N, which results in a messy run (aka tryhard mode). Nothing was changed.

(And as for preheated, LX isn't a good car to drift with preheat. So it's not a fair comparision, not like there was anything to compare in the first place..)

Cheers
Your drifting skills aren't as good as they used to be, don't blame LFS...
Quote from k_badam :Your drifting skills aren't as good as they used to be, don't blame LFS...

I admire that he can actually hold a slide in the LX, but it looks more like transitioning into a long powerslide for me, which is why I can't really compare it right.. Schwitz
what if the issue is actually in controls? isn't there were some updates of controllers itself as issue?
Quote from taipalsaari :

LOL Omg omg omg

Your driving style is completely different and it looks like you have different setups on, you've convinced yourself so much that the physics have that you actually changed your driving style (unknowingly).
Quote from MicroSpecV :Read, Taipalsaari Smile . Your LX video shows the exact same thing, just with a car harder to control...
Your LX gearing is slightly off, which is why you have to upshift because you run out of revs, and that kills the momentum.
The transitioning in 0.6R run was actually more aggressive, which meant that you had less reaction time to correct any mistakes, which is why you had to take several bites and correct more.
All this seems to me like you're runnng 45 degrees on 0.6R and 35 in 0.6N. It looks like you're catching the transition too early with the extra lock amount, which is why you had less angle, had to boot the throttle, and because of cold tires, it didn't slide, and you ended up pushing wide on a number of occasions.

For me, it just looks like you're trying too hard on 0.6R to match what you think is a perfect handling of 0.6N, which results in a messy run (aka tryhard mode). Nothing was changed.

(And as for preheated, LX isn't a good car to drift with preheat. So it's not a fair comparision, not like there was anything to compare in the first place..)

Cheers

LX6 needs high revs to keep sliding on low temp tires due to no turbo and low hp. Using short gears you can do this on 4 and 5 gear.Shifting doesnt kill the momentum because of the clutch(kicking) while shifting and because the car is only 500kg + I run it at 4% fuel. The transitioning in 0.6R is way harder because the I can barely control the front tires (hence the problem ive been talking about since the beggining of the thread...) in 0.6R due to idk what change.I didnt understand the preheat part, I made both clips cold tires start.

I am running both exact same sets on the exact same steering degree %.

Quote from BeNoM :LOL Omg omg omg

Your driving style is completely different and it looks like you have different setups on, you've convinced yourself so much that the physics have that you actually changed your driving style (unknowingly).

I am running both exact same sets on the exact same steering degree %.

LX6 only has max 36 dgr.

Quote from k_badam :Your drifting skills aren't as good as they used to be, don't blame LFS...

If you are reffering to the 6N video as "good" then I can say both clips I made just a couple of hours ago.
Quote from taipalsaari :LX6 needs high revs to keep sliding on low temp tires due to no turbo and low hp. Using short gears you can do this on 4 and 5 gear.Shifting doesnt kill the momentum because of the clutch(kicking) while shifting and because the car is only 500kg + I run it at 4% fuel. The transitioning in 0.6R is way harder because the I can barely control the front tires (hence the problem ive been talking about since the beggining of the thread...) in 0.6R due to idk what change.I didnt understand the preheat part, I made both clips cold tires start.

I am a mouse drifter and nothing has changed for me. Everything handles fine.

And on a cold fast run like you did in your LX6... LX is never a good comparision car.
It needs weird gearing, high revs, and high speed. That's why no one drifts it openly.

Put the steering graph up (the concave thing on the bottom of the screen that shows steering input), do a run in a FZ5, both with 36. Its the car that will best show up any infidelities if there are any with the physics.

If you're so damn sure something has changed, take one AI out for a hotlap on a track you prefer on 0.6N and R, and then compare. They behave exactly the same. Its because they don't have to drive different because nothing's changed.

God dammit, nothing's changed!!!!!
Only change will occur when new tire physics arrives.
And if you're so nitpicky over a little steering difference (that no one except you has apparently found), and you are unable to change your style or adapt to the situation then you're a bad drifter.

There is no concrete evidence as your videos are way too vague as well...

Cheers
Dude in the LX video is so obvious in the first 10 seconds.When I start driving in 6N the car points in the direction I want it do drift towards and stays there, meanwhine in 6R the front is all wobbly and shit because of whatever change (not necceseraly physics) they have made.
Ill check the AI then
nothing in this part of the game has changed, stop it, you are making yourself look stupid....
yeah because you cant see it it hasnt changed?and everyone telling me to listen to ppl on forum when you dont even know which cars what steer angles have..

ok
Yes, you are right.
Physics changed. How can I be so blind not to see it? Frown
/s

Like seriously, this is like talking to a wall...
Not sure if trolling, really stubborn or you have 2 potatoes as eyes not to realize nothing has changed. Again, if physics changed you wouldnt be able to play replays from other 0.6 versions, also if they changed, setups would act weird, as Scawen even stated with the VWS, they had to use unrealistic setup settings to make the car drivable on current physics. If new physics were on 0.6R, first they would obviously BE on the CHANGELOG and second experienced players and WR users would obviously notice if anything changed, which didn't.
Its a placebo effect. Stop trying to convince yourself something changed. Even your driving style on both videos are really different.

As MicroSpecV stated, make a little AI-only race on both versions, and do the comparison. If physics changed, AI would act differently.
Quote from taipalsaari :Dude in the LX video is so obvious in the first 10 seconds.When I start driving in 6N the car points in the direction I want it do drift towards and stays there, meanwhine in 6R the front is all wobbly and shit because of whatever change (not necceseraly physics) they have made.
Ill check the AI then

Your entry kicks for both runs were not of the same time, same revs and same flick. You can never get something to look or be the same, only different (and that's where the "something's changed!!! theory comes about). I watched the entire video, mind you.

You're wobbly because you're powersliding into most corners.

And do check the AI please. If they act differently, I'll be damned.
AI will act differently, as they are not hard-railed, they are actually "learning" over time to some limited extend.

What you can do, do your drift in N, save SPR, and load replay it in R (and keep in mind the SPR contains the inputs, not the result of physics, so it's technically playing R the same way how you did play the N).

(will obviously not work on Blackwood, but other tracks should work)
Quote from Ped7g :AI will act differently, as they are not hard-railed, they are actually "learning" over time to some limited extend.

What you can do, do your drift in N, save SPR, and load replay it in R (and keep in mind the SPR contains the inputs, not the result of physics, so it's technically playing R the same way how you did play the N).

No, they are not learning
Scawen, close thread.

He is very obsessed with a "change of physics", he do not want, cant understand us. still in the same way after so many answers.

PS:I think his problem is a vob mods he use, mods allready feels fake in comparation with original vob.
Quote from Ped7g :AI will act differently, as they are not hard-railed, they are actually "learning" over time to some limited extend.

They used to learn but i believe it doesn't happen anymore
lmao @abone trying so hard to get me banned cus he cant come up with a proper argument

i already gave u proof and all my request was to get this fixed cus its annoying for mouse users.
whatever, I got my answer now.You guys are clearly all just ignorant.

pls close
Quote from taipalsaari :
i already gave u proof and all my request was to get this fixed cus its annoying for mouse users.

Hope you won't ask to bring back old tyre physics after they get released because they are even more annoying for mouse users! Ya right
Quote from taipalsaari :lmao @abone trying so hard to get me banned cus he cant come up with a proper argument

whatever, I got my answer now.You guys are clearly all just ignorant.

pls close

I drive with mouse and I don't see/feel/notice any difference from 0.6N to 0.6R.

Seriously, you are believing your own lieLooney Looney.

"You guys are clearly all just ignorant" You obviously can't come up with a proper argument either, so you choose to insult us all.. Just 2 videos with obviously different driving styles and approaches just to make us believe there is a difference.

For the last time, if physics changed, replays would be obsolete and obviously experienced/average racers would notice this, and also IT WOULD BE MENTIONED IN THE CHANGELOG IF PHYSICS CHANGED ffs. Why are you so freaking stubborn not to understand physics didn't change? You think that tyre physics changes would pass unadverted? Seriously?. Scawen replied to you saying that physics changed, so what, you gonna ignore what a DEVELOPER says to you?.

Now seriously, some moderator please close this pointless thread. This totally like talking to a wall

0.6R Car Physics changes(?)
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG