The online racing simulator
I always wanted the AI to use random setups, so the different cars entered the corners with different RPMs or gears. I run it with a few AI cars, as a demo for people that pass by sometimes, and the sound of 4 or 5 AI cars on external view is VERY annoying. More of a droning sound then cars.
Quote from Skytrill :It would be great if the AI would be more aware of our presence nearby. When racing against, it systematically ignore us if we are in a dead angle or even side by side. At a certain point, I'd say 1 meters ahead of them, they seem to suddenly start noticing our presence and then, if the racing pavement is a tad too narrow/risky ahead (maybe up to a 100 meters?), they jump on the brake, which can make the AI quite easy to beat for someone aware of this trick, or just racing on tight circuits such as Fern bay.

Maybe the AI should have different presets depending on the car they drive. e.g., if the AI is driving the F0X or any formula type of cars, they might behave more carefully with nearby cars to avoid wheel to wheel collisions but on the other hand, if racing in say, TBO class, a more aggressive preset could be used. Just throwing that out!

Thanks for the recent update. Thumbs up

I believe the AI are preset to follow one path. Yes, they do "learn", be it slowly, but they will still follow the preset path. Hence why they suddenly brake if they veer too far from the center of the path.
From what I notice, it seems like the front tires are glued to this path. Try knocking an AI car sideways, the front tires will always correct and stay at whatever angle the path is at.

Thats why you always blow up when you crash into an AI, and they continue on like nothing happened.
Sadly this thing is what makes LFS AI racing frustrating. Hoping something has been done..
If I have to be honest I do not like new Blackwood at all.There is very strong vibrations in the corner entry especially when you try to trail brake.The vibrations are so strong that i hardly see where the apex is with rock solid 60 frames per second and a brand new monitor which has 4 milliseconds response time.
didn't have that kind of issue at all, the surface is indeed bumpier now, which i think is a nice change.
what car/corner specifically?
@ super_gt
In the right-hand turn, before the bridge / pitlane?
I noticed it somehow felt bumpier there and car (FOX and Lx4) seemed to understeer a bit more than usual because of that. Maybe just placebo effect or has the tracksurface changed too, not just the curbs?

(But no problem with seeing tracks due to vibrations and I have somewhat high view-movement set in options.)
Quote from johneysvk :didn't have that kind of issue at all, the surface is indeed bumpier now, which i think is a nice change.
what car/corner specifically?

BMW Sauber F1.06(photos are not mine)
Attached images
завой 1.png
завой 2.png
Quote from super_gt :The vibrations are so strong that i hardly see where the apex is with rock solid 60 frames per second and a brand new monitor which has 4 milliseconds response time.

Have you tried adjusting "1g head tilt" setting in View Options?
Quote from Scawen :Have you tried adjusting "1g head tilt" setting in View Options?

This option is set to NO and everything is OFF.
The bumpiness is realistic to a track, as Scawen said, i you are struggling with seeing the corners the fiddle about with those head tilt options, i would change the vertical one
If they are off then you are seeing the real vibrations of the car. Maybe it's worth softening the suspension or tyre pressure to reduce the harshness of vibrations.

I'm not sure I should say this but that's another thing that can work better in the new tyre physics (maybe depending on which car is selected, not sure about that). One thing we didn't like when we were trying to get the Scirocco ready for release, all those years ago, was that we had to use unrealistically hard suspension to make the car drive well. So maybe that's a characteristic of the current LFS tyre physics.
Quote from Scawen :If they are off then you are seeing the real vibrations of the car. Maybe it's worth softening the suspension or tyre pressure to reduce the harshness of vibrations.

I'm not sure I should say this but that's another thing that can work better in the new tyre physics (maybe depending on which car is selected, not sure about that). One thing we didn't like when we were trying to get the Scirocco ready for release, all those years ago, was that we had to use unrealistically hard suspension to make the car drive well. So maybe that's a characteristic of the current LFS tyre physics.

I will try.
Thank you!Thumbs up
Speaking of car settings... I know this comes a bit awkward moment, especially when having discussions about limiting setup options. I do like the idea, but I do like the idea having more variety and maybe even more extreme possibilities to make a setup.

For example, all cars have possible to set cambers 9 degrees as max ( +4.5 - -4.5 ) or if caster is possible, it is set 6.0 - 1.0 only. and it is basically all cars have same. I would like to see more variety and more extreme settings. But also having possible to limit only changing tire pressures or toe in/out. But I think you have thought this before.

I have experienced to drive fast on bumpy tarmac sections with few different cars. Depending how the car is built from factory, the differences are noticeable. The funniest part was to drive with no shock absorbers in rear suspension. It did continue to bounce on and on and on long time. Exactly like it happens on LFS
I do not have a screen shot, but on BW the short straight after the LONG straight, just before the small bridge with ambulance on it, there was an open seem down the center line of the track, just before the bridge. Not very wide but it showed up ONE time as I went through there.

Bumps might be one or two fliped faces?!

So far I like the new BlackWood, even the big curbs. If anyone is touching the curbs you are going too far off track in corners. I hit them once hard and it just bounced me back where I needed to be anyway...
^ And the geometry and willy kerbs will be more fitting and natural once new tire physics comes in.
Quote from super_gt :This option is set to NO and everything is OFF.

Have you ever tried to set the option right above the mirror placement to YES ?

In english it could be called " Move view with animation".
Did anyone receive a Patch Release email?
Quote from sinbad :Did anyone receive a Patch Release email?

Yes,
I think every license holder will receive one if the email address defined in ones profile is valid
and you have chosen to receive news emails under your profiles personal details.

Attached the one I've received.
Attached images
LFS 0.6R Release email.PNG
Thanks, I don't know how that got set to "No Thanks". I wouldn't have set it to that.
Quote from P V L :Have you ever tried to set the option right above the mirror placement to YES ?
In english it could be called " Move view with animation".

I have no such option.
Quote from k_badam :The bumpiness is realistic to a track, as Scawen said, i you are struggling with seeing the corners the fiddle about with those head tilt options, i would change the vertical one

I tried these options they do not help.
Quote from Scawen :If they are off then you are seeing the real vibrations of the car. Maybe it's worth softening the suspension or tyre pressure to reduce the harshness of vibrations.

With slick_r4 pressure 83kPa is a bit better(at a lower pressure than 83kPa tires overheat),with a soft suspension is also a bit better but I do not like car behavior,I will wait for new tyres physics.With FOV set to 90degrees vibrations are very small but I like to play with FOV set to 45degrees and that's why I get so big vibrations.
All I can do is to show you my screenshot in options.

Hope it helps, I have never heard this is missing. Uhmm
Attached images
lfs_00000092.jpg
>>Have you ever tried to set the option right above the mirror placement to YES ?
>>In english it could be called " Move view with animation".

>I have no such option.

It is only for "in car" view, not for "custom view"
Quote from P V L :All I can do is to show you my screenshot in options.

Hope it helps, I have never heard this is missing. Uhmm

ThanksSmile
Quote from Gutholz :It is only for "in car" view, not for "custom view"

ThanksSmile
Yes,I use custom view.
Just an alternative idea:

I also had some weird shuttering at the end of the straight and the second to last turn on my "original" LFS install (just adding patches on top).

Did a clean install with 0.6R and all seems to be gone. LFS is smooth again.
@Scawen:
It may be the wrong place to report, but this seems even worse on the new Blackwood: I have a triple screen setup. And for replays, I activate the "use the full width option" in TV camera mode.

However, LFS seems to use sort of a "span" function to fill all 3 screens. So instead of seeing more, you see less, but bigger. This makes watching replays a little hard on the eyes. (LFS is the only one suffering from this problem, btw).

Hopefully this is just a "5-minute fix", and you could include it in a future patch Smile.

Here below, a sample from Blackwood. In the first chicane, you don't actually see the cars anymore with the static cameras.
Attached images
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000003.jpg
SCAWEN,

In the blackwood update, was there any changes that would affect frame rates, asside from the new graphics themselves?

I noticed different frame rates, on my different PC's, both higher and lower...

I also noticed the option to choose a display type on next startup is different or missing.

I am hoping you improved someting here that was not mentioned, something that would fix my past issues with trying to use 2 graphics cars to get 8 players or more working on one PC. I sold my 2nd graphics card off, just wondering if I should snag another cheap and start trying again...

New Version 0.6R - Blackwood Update
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG