The online racing simulator
Everyone complaining about the new sausage curbs, but i've actually like those, specially in tight chicanes (y). It makes illegal cuttings less possible, and rewards clean and precise driving, which IMO is really good. Harder=better Smile
And also someone said about the kerb in first turn of sc3, well orginally this kerb was also shaped in a way, that little bit too deep cut, without even going on the grass, could end up in the roof, so IMO not big change there. Basically just you will have to be a bit more carefull.

Im curious if it will affect the times and how, maybe xfg will be closer to xrg? I hope so, but on the other hand it is much easier to bring xfg on the roof than xrg Smile
When leaving pits something strange happens in the front left corner, it does its thing till you switch the view of a car LOOK AT THE FRONT LEFT CORNER!
Funny, it seems like the car shadow map is drawn on your screen. Big grin
Really liking the new drift angles. Would it be possible for GTR cars to have an increased steering lock along with a choice of Road Super tires instead of slicks? You know, for those extreme drifters.
Since you asked about GTR cars previously i thought i might refresh the idea once again since we have an incompatible patch.
Quote from Drifteris :Really liking the new drift angles. Would it be possible for GTR cars to have an increased steering lock along with a choice of Road Super tires instead of slicks? You know, for those extreme drifters.
Since you asked about GTR cars previously i thought i might refresh the idea once again since we have an incompatible patch.

+1
Is it only me constantly getting Object Hit insim packet every lap on GP config every time I enter the lap?
OMG good update Big grin
I am brave and go on to dare for suggest.

New industrial part is definitely cool, any possibilities to have that L-shaped area to be cleared from containers? There is huge potential to create autocross layouts for an actual racing similar to abandoned airstrips, which they hold racing there.

Not as permanently, but like making one more config like BL5 and having this possibility? ( I do love 'em... gymkhana style! )

Though... dunno, there is already almost endless ideas to do for autocross... ENDLESS!!!!

EDIT: feels like I go already too far... ugh... so please do not get me wrong...
Scawen if You can make 900 degree wheel rotation for this cars with 45 steering range becouse it look weird wheen wheel do only 720 degress with 45 steering range and most of people are using 900 degress on wheels also so it will be nice when You change this or give an option to set virtual sterring wheel rotation what we want. Please
I really like what you've done with the place! Smile I like the sausage kerbs as well, as they are in the right place. They might cause some trouble, but we will see about that during some playtesting i guess! The chicane feels better, as the kerb on the left now has the "nipples" on the top instead of being curved upwards, which allows to drive over it safe-ish. New turn after the straight, well i miss the kerb which used to be on the inside, but the exit is good, narrower kerb, but wider track as well. The following turns are now more difficult, although the first one makes the entry much easier (oh how i hated that one), but the exit is more difficult thanks to the sausage. And the bumps in the braking zones are awesome!

Btw. which version of BL is this, like 5th? I think there was 0.03, then 0.3 S1, 0.5 S2, another revamp and now this one?
Quote from tdilevi :When leaving pits something strange happens in the front left corner, it does its thing till you switch the view of a car

Strange to see the car's shadow map appearing there.

1) Is your car's shadow visible on the ground, when viewed from inside your car? Easy to see in Sunset lighting, when you drive near high objects.

2) What system or Windows version are you using?

Quote from vitaly_m :Is it only me constantly getting Object Hit insim packet every lap on GP config every time I enter the lap?

I've only heard this from you but maybe no-one else has been checking their InSim output!

Can you describe in more detail what is happening, and I'll have a look?
Is this a bug, Scawen?: When you go into Free View via the escape menu, the chat goes slightly transparent. When you go into Free View via shift+u directly, the chat stays opaque.

If you hit escape after entering Free View via the escape menu, the chat goes back to being opaque.
Quote from Scawen :
I've only heard this from you but maybe no-one else has been checking their InSim output!

If there are no other reports then it's most likely my bug... I will try to debug it tommorow
and tell if there is any problem with DCon.
Quote from Scawen :

Tested, yes I'm getting same false IS_OBH packets when driving over kerbs. They all have 0 index.

object(Insim\Packets\isOBH)#1028 (13)
["X"] => int(2836)
["Y"] => int(5408)
["Zbyte"] => int(0)
["Sp1":"Insim\Packets\isOBH":private] => NULL
["Index"] => int(0)
["OBHFlags"] => int(8)
}

Ye, Here is what I get, for example:
C @0x7ff95eab5698 CarContOBJ
Direction 4 byte
Heading 5 byte
Speed 39 byte
X 2524 short
Y -10375 short
Zbyte 0 byte
Index 0 byte
OBHFlags 8 byte
PLID 4 byte
ReqI 0 byte
Size 24 byte
Sp1 0 byte
SpClose 12 word
Time 64110 word
Type 51 byte
X 2501 short
Y -10347 short
Zbyte 0 byte

To reproduce, I just need to drive over BL1 curbs (preferable ones with sausages or turf maybe)
Can a safety car/vsc be added in a later patch?
Quote from truckloader :Can a safety car/vsc be added in a later patch?

unrelated suggestion, and it is suggested before
I laughed a lot when I saw this. Rofl
Big grin oh god
A little suggestion: could you make the mini map always displayed in high-res please? Or at least independent from the track textures as it looks blurry with low-res textures.
Thanks!
WOW! What a nice surprise to wake up to Big grin

But Scawen, how come the LX VOB file is changed? Uhmm
When trying to open the server it tells me TCP Socket: bind failed
I am unable to download this patch ecause I get network error when finishing the download. Why do you do this to me, you tease?! Smile
Quote from Bigbob1993 :I am unable to download this patch ecause I get network error when finishing the download. Why do you do this to me, you tease?! Smile

Hi Bob!
Try using other web browsers.
Same thing happened to me when using Chrome then I switched to Mozzila and worked.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Maybe also the highway...

Dunno, I am already happy what this new blackwood can now benefit!

+1 the highway also looks incredible.

Thanks LFS Devs this is amazing, this is bring me to fix my wheel and get in like old days.
that's dope for now!
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG