The online racing simulator
Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race - Extra Large (thread of 1st-36th / 2017-2019)

Event archive thread

1st RTFR XL - 36th RTFR XL
(2017-2019)
#2 - pik_d
Oooh, 75 minute races, this should be quite fun then.
1st RTFR XL info

Late january 2008 - first sanctioned races were organized by me in local latvian community,filling gaps between the only league back then. First race was held at some of the long Aston configurations using GTR cars,4 started,only 2 finished the race. After that 3 races per week were held with variating attendance with up to 13 guests - limit of my connection,as the server was hosted on my DSL connection.
May 2008 - seeing some activity around local community,I retreated from organizing 3 races per week and stuck to only one,held every tuesday. Around half year later I decided,that races need to be named at specific name and named it "Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race",ading also numbering to each race. Some time later races received a simple rating system. Races were hosted on better connection and peaked over 30 qualifyers,but rarely exceeding 15 drivers at finish.
4th january 2011 - after 3 years in local (at that point slowly reducing) comunity,I dared to organize first event in international level by posting info in lfsforum's calendar. Besides usual latvian drivers,event was joined by 2 lithuanians and 1 bulgarian driver - only the latter also finished the race. Event received the "international" tag to keep in apart from national version.
July 2011 - after few months of dissapointing attendance,the national version of RTFR was ditched - a total of 115 races were held.
31st march 2015 - the new Westhill version was released just in time for centurial celebration race,shattering every attendance records with currently still unbeaten 40 guests. Starting with next,101st event,the "international" tag was dropped because it's the only RTFR out there anyway.
24th january 2017 - after 6 years RTFR receives a new version of the event - the Extra Large version,for the first time hosting a race longer then 40 minutes,also adding unseen strategic option to the event - a mandatory pitstop. This is where you,dear racers,step in - you have the chance to put your name in history by becoming 1st ever RTFR-XL winner!

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Server is up and running: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race (feel free to spam the Airio top table with your laptimes)
#5 - jkat
Protest for 1st Rony's TF XL race
I'm not usually doing protests but this time end result was bad and the crash would have been avoidable.

Racer: [WCL] J.A.Katila
Protested racer: EZKO

Lap 3, time ~1.35.20.

Description of incident: I was driving towards second last turn and behind me was driving EZKO. I was clearly ahead and was going forward using most optimal driving line towards next turn when EZKO collided and spun me to fence and sand causing damage and lost of many positions. This would have been avoided by short lifting just before the collision. Also there were no apologies during or after the race.
#6 - lucaf
Thanks for the race!

I ruined my engine with downshift mistake (wich I did so many times on that track during practice) quite early in the race.

Was so nice to chill couple of laps with Rony and Ring.

bit pissed, got taken out by arco then was pissing about a bit
I enjoyed it a lot, some great racing with Rik Smile
Quote from lucaf :
Was so nice to chill couple of laps with Rony and Ring.

I enjoyed watching it from behind, hoping for some gains, which didn't happen. Big grin

Snoopy kept me on my guard in the later race, as i was losing concentration, making mistakes, but he was always there, making me to focus for a bit longer. We were going like on a rubber band. Smile

Also huge sorry to Erppa for end of first lap, as i sent him forcibly to pitlane, because i didn't see him next to me.
Re: Protest for 1st Rony's TF XL race
Quote from jkat :I'm not usually doing protests but this time end result was bad and the crash would have been avoidable.

Racer: [WCL] J.A.Katila

Lap 3, time ~1.35.20.

Description of incident: I was driving towards second last turn and behind me was driving EZKO. I was clearly ahead and was going forward using most optimal driving line towards next turn when EZKO collided and spun me to fence and sand causing damage and lost of many positions. This would have been avoided by short lifting just before the collision. Also there were no apologies during or after the race.

I'm sorry that the incident happened, I didn't mean to ruin your race, or risk ruining my own for that matter. However, I don't agree that I'm (solely) to blame for the incident, as our cars were clearly side-by-side when you moved to left, as shown in the image I've attached (taken right before contact on lap 3 at 1:33:00). The contact also drove me off track. Anyhow, we had some great racing at the end of the race, was a lot of fun! Hope to get at it with you again soon! Smile

On that note, thanks to Rony for hosting and to everyone else for the racing!
Attached images
RTFR protest.jpg
Can you guys send me replay of the race?
Quote from Mikus1212 :Can you guys send me replay of the race?

Someone surely will, but i guess you cannot play it in demo,if it's S2 content.

Esco B.: I wouldn't call that side by side. I would call that insufficient overlap. I don't know what happened after that, but from that picture it looks like best call to back off and wait few more turns.
Quote from Kid222 :Someone surely will, but i guess you cannot play it in demo,if it's S2 content.

Im Mikke from AirAttack :^)
Oh come on! Big grin
Quote from k_badam :bit pissed, got taken out by arco then was pissing about a bit

I'm really sorry about that, I have to admit that it was too optimistic..
So... does somebody have a replay? Tongue
Will we get a results / race concluding post? Smile
Quote from Esco B. :I'm sorry that the incident happened, I didn't mean to ruin your race, or risk ruining my own for that matter. However, I don't agree that I'm (solely) to blame for the incident, as our cars were clearly side-by-side when you moved to left, as shown in the image I've attached (taken right before contact on lap 3 at 1:33:00). The contact also drove me off track. Anyhow, we had some great racing at the end of the race, was a lot of fun! Hope to get at it with you again soon! Smile

On that note, thanks to Rony for hosting and to everyone else for the racing!

That is not enough overlap, if this overlap caused the crash then it is your fault. BTW, that car in your avatar, there is one near where i live!
Quote from MandulAA :Will we get a results / race concluding post? Smile

He's only just done the AWD write-up, give him some time Big grin
1st RTFR XL results
Qualification:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / Event rating and other statistics will be created before next XL event.

Quote from jkat :Racer: [WCL] J.A.Katila
Lap 3, time ~1.35.20.

When exiting right handed turn that leads onto international configuration,J.A. Katila goes wide on turn exit using whole track width despite Ezko's car being already there,so the initial contact is solely J.A. Katila's fault. However after the initial contact Ezko keeps throttle to the max until both cars leave track (about 1.5s since first touch),making the incident worse then it could be.

* PENALTIES :
EZKO - receives a WARNING for failing to react on situation. Despite having the right to keep the line,driver should react better to the situation and give his best to avoid further contacts.
MTDZX-Arska - receives 4.71 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.

- - - - - - - - - -

The first RTFR XL has been completed and obviously the longer race length did not scare many away,as it was attended by over 10 drivers more than average normal RTFR race. Of course one of the reasons might be the "people's car" XFG,which is known to be "easy" raceable - only 3 drivers more than average XFG race in normal RTFR.

And the winner is... Air Attack Racing's Mikke proved that he is the one to beat in this combination - he was the fastest in qualifying,he set the fastest lap and led all the laps until his pitstop and passed temporary leader after his closest rival's pitstop by collecting 30 lead laps out of 37. The racer,who joined normal RTFR only once (2nd place finish) goes into history as the first ever RTFR-XL winner. Marex led 4 laps and was the only one to finish within half minute gap to the leader,Storm took the remaining podium step. Rest of the top 5 was taken by TC-R - 4th was leader of 2 laps Sam,behind him his teammate Spencer.

* FUN FACT OF THE MONTH :
Besides the organizer there is one more driver,who has driven in both "firsts" - he scored 10th place (he did not finish,but completed more then half distance) in the 1st RTFR and 12th place finish in 1st RTFR-XL. Who is he? His nickname is Ring and he represents Bulgaria.

* CLOCK PITTER OF THE RACE :
[WCL] J.A.Katila spent in pitstop 10.13s without any pitwork,making the shortest legal pitstop of the race.

* FIELD RUSHER OF THE RACE :
Despite joining late and setting only 1 timed lap before qualifying time run out,a top 10 finish still was possible for [TC-R] Pete - he started 19th and finished 6th making a total of 13 positions up in the table.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
With less then 2000 kilometers online experience,somewhat lacking skill and obviously with default setup,William still completed 29 laps without causing any serious problems,proving common sense and respect to experienced racers. With this attitude and continiously growing experience,any driver can become respected racer no matter of his pace.

After two weeks... Sorry,habbit... Razz After 4 weeks break RTFR-XL will return with a race in Blackwood - and it will be race in new Blackwood (BL1),no matter if it's stable patch or still in test phase. FXO is the winner's car selection,so also 2nd race will be held with FWD car. Meanwhile normal RTFR continues with it's 2 weeks tact,which means already next tuesday we will have the usual 30+min race. Where? I'll give you 2 hints - you'll need a test patch unless stable verion is out and you'll see a lot of houses. More info in the weekend as always!

PS. Seeing possibility to misuse (shorter pit to gain track position) required minimum pitstop length and "mild" penalty,the penalty will be increased by 5 seconds added to already announced tripple of the missing time. Stay clean!
It was great Smile Arska, you were so lucky with that penalty, you almost lost the position Smile
I so wish to join (screaming at my timezone for being an hour too late)

Rony's Tuesday's Fun Race - Extra Large (thread of 1st-36th / 2017-2019)
(278 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG