The online racing simulator
Quick question
(27 posts, started )
Quick question
Been on S2 for around half a day, noticed that there's a lack (or complete desertion thereof) of Open wheel racing servers. I've seen B2R, but is there a dedicated strictly FBM/FOX/F08/BF1 server, like how theres a dedicated FBM servers in Demo?

If yes what's it called, and why is it deserted,
and if no, why isn't there..? Is there a lack in the openwheel community? Frown

Cheers
Quote from MicroSpecV :Been on S2 for around half a day, noticed that there's a lack (or complete desertion thereof) of Open wheel racing servers. I've seen B2R, but is there a dedicated strictly FBM/FOX/F08/BF1 server, like how theres a dedicated FBM servers in Demo?

If yes what's it called, and why is it deserted,
and if no, why isn't there..? Is there a lack in the openwheel community? Frown

Cheers

I'm afraid you won't find a server like that on S2, at least with decent amount of regular racers. If you want some more serious openwheel action, look for scheduled events.
#4 - BeNoM
Not anymore, there used to be, but good luck finding one like that nowadays.

You can start your own open-wheel race server if you want Smile
Currently running:
Fox friday races...on fridays.
absolute-beginners.nl has openwheel-cups sometimes (currently a FBM Cup)

There was also v8 league by rony but at the moment does 'AWD series' instead.
Hmm, I'm aware of those leagues running currently, but my timezone prevents me from joining them ? (GMT +8)..
Thought S2 would have more active open wheel servers though Shrug
Quote from kristofferandersen :Just gonna drop this here..

That's not open wheel racing,but thanks for advertisement! Big grin

Since the most events are organized by europeans,with UTC+8 you'll have hard time to find any events that doesn't start 2-3 am for you...
No comments about public servers - haven't joined any since years now...
Quote from Eclipsed :That's not open wheel racing,but thanks for advertisement! Big grin

Since the most events are organized by europeans,with UTC+8 you'll have hard time to find any events that doesn't start 2-3 am for you...

I didn't mean to.. I just did a quick search and found that post. I'm not joining it Wink
Quote from Eclipsed :That's not open wheel racing,but thanks for advertisement! Big grin

Oh, I see...
Right so I'll basically be unable to attend all the major events? Bugger Schwitz
Quote from MicroSpecV :Oh, I see...
Right so I'll basically be unable to attend all the major events? Bugger Schwitz

One of the reasons I don't do events, time timezones.
You could try asking teams to let you attend endurance races with them, maybe that'll give you some flexibility Wink.
Mouse endurance racing is a challenge, probably a painful one.

I'm more towards (hardcore) Open-wheel sim-racing, such as FOX, FO8. GTR class will be fine too.
But yeah, I doubt my wrist will survive a stint in a enduro event Face -> palm
I guess you have to get used to it. I know a few very fast guys who drive endurance races with mouse. Not sure if they're still on mouse but they were.
My teammate Falcon did a double stint with mouse in the last OEC race. No idea how,he must have steel wrists... Big grin
BTW - he was beating one PB after other in his 2nd stint... Looking
Quote from Scawen :No, people want to race, but they are afraid to join empty servers!

True, but then again on the master server when I come on, there's only a dozen servers, half cruise, few drift , stunt and the TBO fills the rest. And it's hard to spot a 1/47 Openwheel server even at the best of times, need to check [Empty] to even see any... Yes, if there's 1 person in I would normally try my luck and join in, but if there's none around it could either mean two things :

Like you said, there's a merciless creature hiding in the server, or
The interest has dropped, thus no one joins.

And the DOP Tour has only 14 cars, which says a lot for a well organised simrace event. Would have expected a full grid, but instead only a third of that Shrug
Quote from MicroSpecV :And the DOP Tour has only 14 cars, which says a lot for a well organised simrace event. Would have expected a full grid, but instead only a quarter of that Shrug

First - quarter of 40 is 10. 14 cars is still more than 1/3. Just a mathematical fact. Wink
For full 40 cars grid in 24h race you'll need 120 drivers if all of them are ready drive 8h of the race. Not many are ready to do that. So better would be to have 5-6 drivers per car,which in 40 car grid makes a total of over 200 racers. That's just below daily online racers peak amount,which consists of about 60% slow drivers and 20% tyre wasters. So at current point 14 cars isn't that bad!

PS. I would like to race my 2nd ever 24h race (I did 8.5h in the first one,wasn't planned that much though),but currently I'm just not mentally ready for that,as my stability lacks latelly,done a ton of mistakes in last handful of events,don't want to screw up other's effort with my failures.
Ehhh hmmmm!
Yes, I'm realising I actually am crap at math.
But yeah, that kinda makes sense, Eclipsed

p.s are there any leagues that are worth joining that fit my timezone, GMT +8? I can race up until 130 am but that's basically it.
Quote from Scawen :No, people want to race, but they are afraid to join empty servers!

There might be a big hungry monster there waiting to eat them for dinner!

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90387-Need-more-S1-S2-race-servers

Scawen, this only ever works if you are in a group of about 5 or more on Teamspeak and that still might be a struggle to get more on. I have tried this magical waiting on a empty server thing and it simply doesn't work. Maybe we could have a thread where people could organise to pop on a server at a certain time and have some fun there.
Quote from k_badam :Maybe we could have a thread where people could organise to pop on a server at a certain time and have some fun there.

There is the LFS in-game meeting room, but it's rarely used.

Quick question
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG