The online racing simulator
Fine, they made you experience better but does it make it okay promote something that is clearly banned on this forum okay?
Because .vob mods are awesome?
Not in my opinion, they make doing anything online a pain in the ass due to different collisions meshes etc.
Devs have made it possible to filter out users with vob mods on servers (to some extent), therefor you shouldn't really worry about it.
To us who used them it was way more than just trying to ruin experience for others. Back then we used vob mods because we were really passionate about drifting and we only used them on particular servers, we wouldn't just jump on random servers to cause collisions. I'm not one of them, don't blame me for that.
Particular servers? Oh yeah, where those wonky collisions would also happen?
More racing.....less drift....Pls...pls! All I can say! + more players that play like forza and gt games are coming so they dont really know how things work around here. Half of them will probably see its to hard,OMG they banned me stpid game and uninstall so... new communities! Pretty sure nobody knew anything when they got the game so it takes time.
Seems like I'm just a minority between all the modding fanboys. I retreat,otherwise everyone takes this as a fight and will put me in hospital...
Quote from k_badam :Particular servers? Oh yeah, where those wonky collisions would also happen?

No, because most people used the same vob mod. You clearly have no idea how things were back in LFSD.net
:Dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
vob mods are awesome? As i said before when you put vob mod for example xrt you will lost xrg and xrr so what is the point of that? people who making this mods make it only for xrg ot xrt all of this mods have wrong scale becouse xrt don't have same wheelbase like others cars so what is the point puting that in game to make game worse? some mods have real scale like shool bus or some mods from Vano but You need tweak to change wheelbase and driver position and in my opinion when Devs will allow this mods we get next trash game like rfactor or ac i like lfs becouse is clean. I don't wanna say more about this becouse talking about this is pointless some people like this but some don't so i don't see any sense to by active in this threat anymore is just like apple and android. ;D
#36 - nkzx
maybe lfs will win more "drivers" whit slaptrain channel.
Deal with it, there will always be people who will try to do things on their own. What about the set extractor then, hm?

I remember when andRo who was one of the admins of LFS Latvia back in the days promoted the use of that program by offering any type of setups by just requesting them on the web. Vob mods are least of the worries, you should be glad set extractor has been somewhat eliminated because it was widely used in the racing scene, even in the top tier teams.
Umm......................................

vob mods don't affect car collisions Omg omg omg Omg omg omg Omg omg omg
Im that Ben guy lol. I don't get all this hate on the VOB mod I gave him. Literally just a cosmetic mod that has no effect on physics....
You're who now?
Oh lol, it's cause vob mods are against forum rules so 'hardcore' LFS players make up lies about vob mods and hate them just to make themselves feel better.

Example: Eclipsed

Vob mods are fine, nothing wrong with or about them Smile
Quote from BeNoM :Oh lol, it's cause vob mods are against forum rules so 'hardcore' LFs players make up lies about vob mods and hate them just to make themselves feel better.

Example: Eclipsed

Vob mods are fine, nothing wrong with or about them Smile

That's your opinion
Not an opinion, it's a fact. Using vob mods only effects the person using, no one else.

So why do people care if someone uses vob mods? The only reason I originally stated it, is because it's the forum rules.
Ehh lol, I don't know if it's still the case, but vob mods actually had a big effect on the drivers around you..
It screwed with the crash physics and launched other drivers by contact.
Thats also the reason why they are not "legal" here from what I remember.
Maybe the mods got better, but it's still just a niche for drifters.
.vob mods like Ben was using in that video is better than using a totally different model in my opinion, they don't affect collision meshes but, they aren't allowed on the forums. Most .vob mods that i have ever seen change the car completely, changing the collision meshes. As willi said there, when you crash into someone using the correct .vob's and you have the modded ones it will make you both go flying, regardless of ping.
Fellow Latvian created this video. Nostalgiaaaa.
hm
no openito if you are getting triggered by vob mods
Spoiler - click to reveal
Quote from Will.I.Am :Ehh lol, I don't know if it's still the case, but vob mods actually had a big effect on the drivers around you..
It screwed with the crash physics and launched other drivers by contact.
Thats also the reason why they are not "legal" here from what I remember.
Maybe the mods got better, but it's still just a niche for drifters.

I'd love for video proof that vob mods affect car collisions Smile
Well, I don't have any videos.
But I was trying out some mods (mostly JDM vehicles) a couple years ago and I remember very well that it caused some hilarious crashes.
(And no, it was not lag related).
As I said I don't know if it's still like that since I haven't used mods since then.
Quote from BeNoM :I'd love for video proof that vob mods affect car collisions Smile

:DDDDDDDDDDD

Lack of knowledge is real.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG