The online racing simulator
Great news! Are we going to see any new content/upgrades through this year? Been playing since 2006 and some new stuff would be cool to see. Happy new years lfs team! Lets hope 2017 will be a growing year for the game!
Quote from Racer X NZ :I do question some of the Pacific prices, ie Tokelau is full price but Samoa is discounted ???
And Pitcain is full price ????

Maybe a bit of fine tuning may still be needed, let me know if you need help with regional geography. Smile

Well... this how we got our information:

From Numbeo we read that Samoa is a much lower earning country compared with UK:
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&country2=Samoa&displayCurrency=USD

[Different from American Samoa which we simply put as part of the US]

Pitcairn Islands we have as a British Overseas Territory so without any other knowledge, we set it as the same as Britain.

Tokelau we have as a New Zealand territory, so inherited its value from NZ.
Very good move. Didn't expect this would be feasible at all. A very smart and decent way of ending the recent discussion. I make below average wage in a full price country and think this is very fair.
Quote from aanrus :Martin, it's a joke)))

Hehe, I do not regret those 36 pounds at all Thumbs up hoping for more people online soon. We could get some free skins slots for that, but srsly no worries here!

Happy New Year!
Quote from Scawen :
Tokelau we have as a New Zealand territory, so inherited its value from NZ.

Tokelau is a free and democratic nation with elections every three years. In 2007, the United Nations General Assembly designated Tokelau a non-self-governing territory.[7] However, Tokelau is officially referred to as a nation by both the New Zealand government and the Tokelauan government.

Tokelau has the smallest economy of any country in the world. Tokelau has an annual purchasing power of about US$1,000 (€674) per capita. The government is almost entirely dependent on subsidies from New Zealand.

Most households own 5 or more pigs.

So, could we look at some sort for of pig based currency exchange for Tokelau, perhaps a rasher of bacon or ham ? /s

That is in jest but it does highlight some of this rich/poor divide for game pricing. There are issues with any system, an example here would be exchange rate. Today the rate is .56NZ to the pound, so NZ$64.29 for LFS. The US $ however is .81US to the pound, so US$44 for LFS.

I admire the attempt to 'even out' prices but there are still issues with this system.
I wondering what happend when someone make Brazil or Turkey account but he is from e.g. UK USA? People can cheating by this and get license for low price or this is protected somehow.
I'm not too worried about this. You have to put in quite a bit of effort to completely hide your residence / location. Your IP address is not the only piece of information available to us if you make a payment.
I just wanted to know how this works becouse if some people will be try do this this will be unfair to others and LFS users will be only from Russia Brazil and Turkey haha.

Lots of info
Attached images
lotsofdocumentation.jpg
Im still drunk from last night, is this real?
Awesome stuff, long live LFS <3
Quote from Racer X NZ :Tokelau is a free and democratic nation with elections every three years.
Tokelau has the smallest economy of any country in the world. Tokelau has an annual purchasing power of about US$1,000 (€674) per capita.

Thanks for the info. We'll sort that out.

More info about Tokelau for anyone interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelau
Wow, you are almost too nice. Big grin

But great news, I hope we see an increase in online activity now.
#40 - Vain
You guys are entirely too nice. I'll feel obliged to invest in a S4 or S5 license soon if you keep this up.

You know how some places have a system here you can buy food items in advance so that people in need may utilize the benefit? An officially recognized system where license-vouchers are given away as prices for good racing to demo users may encourage people to stick to the official demo servers rather than looking for alternatives.

Vain
Quote from Scawen :...
First we would like to wish you a Happy New Year!

=> Happy New Year !!!
How is this working when u give voucher away

can i buy £18 voucher as netherland guy for brasil s3???
Yep, exactly.
This is nice and everything, the gesture, ( or is it? ) but there is still a big elephant in the room...

I didn't want to be THAT guy, but i guess i am gonna have to be, not a hater, just disapointed, so here it goes:

If S3 was worth the money, i would gladly pay the full retail price, but as predicted, still nothing more has been released to fill up S3. Not trying to be disrespectfull, but this seems like another xmas economic move...So i'll just keep waiting for anything substancial to make this purchase worth my money and my time invested in this sim again. Not finacing anything or anyone ever again, cause this seems to be the daily specials on the gaming industry now. Pay now, maybe get some later....nop, but thanks though...

I know its probly an unpopular opinion, but thats just how i feel.

Have a good 2017 everyone.
Well.If its worth it then we buy it.

Gonna buy like 900 licenses when I'm in Palestine next week.
Quote from JBiturbo :If S3 was worth the money, i would gladly pay the full retail price, but as predicted, still nothing more has been released to fill up S3.

But we've never 'recommended' the S3 license upgrade. I think for most people it's a better decision to wait for more S3 content.

It just seemed like a bad idea to keep Rockingham on our HDD and not release it until some unknown future date.

From our original announcement: https://www.lfs.net/news/978
Quote :Further S3 content is in development but currently Rockingham is the only S3 content available. We made the decision to release it now rather than waiting for the other content to be completed. Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released. Please only buy an S3 license upgrade if you feel it's worth it to use Rockingham right now.

I don't know why people point out things we already know. But this is just a hidden complain about lfs content coming from an old player.. I don't know what you expect from it as long as you know better than me that lfs is not the same as other games.
Can I play lfs in higher band country if I move there after the purchase?

If not, can I simply upgrade my license to higher band by paying the difference if I would need that?

Is it true that those who got 1st band license can access the game from worldwide?

I think these questions should be somewhere in the FAQ and sorry if they are answered already...

New Live for Speed License Price Bands
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG