The online racing simulator
Where's all the racing servers?
(47 posts, closed, started )
Cracked servers have better quality drifting / racing than here.
I directly believe that... This makes any development quite pointless, it would only boost that environment even more. (Like it did with Westhill 2.0).
It's a shame really, that major updates now days are otherwise "small fixes" from version 1.12 to version 1.13 in any other barely reputable game.

I'm not trying to have a dig, but the sirocco announcement was made at the point of the cars actual release. 8 years ago, it's now on the verge of being discontinued.
Quote from FPVaaron :It's a shame really, that major updates now days are otherwise "small fixes" from version 1.12 to version 1.13 in any other barely reputable game.

That is such a ridiculous statement that you have simply made up in your mind and then decided to say it, without comparing it with any actual facts to check what you are saying.

If you want to make a point, you are welcome to do so, positive or negative. But if you want to state such negative viewpoints, you should support it with some kind of evidence. Otherwise you are just spreading the fantasy that exists in your mind.

If you look at the new version announcements over the past few years, you will see major improvements.

Bringing up the Scirocco is quite pathetic really. The one specific announcement in all the years we have been developing Live for Speed, that hasn't yet been released. You think it's sensible to attack us for it, several years later, because just once we believed we could release something, then later discovered the tyre physics weren't ready for it. You have so little to support the negative view you want to spread for your own amusement, that you come up with this worn out old beating stick that has been used against us for so many years and we have issued so many apologies about. All because of one medium powered front wheel drive car, that people have blown up into some kind of Holy Grail of sim racing.
On a more positive note, the biggest crack site is now offline. I'm hoping that some people who were using pirated versions of LFS will decide to make their contribution and get online in the proper version.

Please support LFS online racing by getting online a bit. It's too silly to think there are hundreds of people moaning that there aren't enough people online. If you get online, there will be people online!

On the development side, we are working on new things which will be fun to use. It's always going to take time because of the high standards of today. Not worth whingeing about though. Things will take time and that is not going to change.
Definitely looking forward to seeing what's new. Keep up the hard work, it will pay off eventually.
Thank you for this small update! Just so yo know (you probably do already but still) - even these small and non-specific updates like you just mentioned are nice to read.

Though it a bit sucks that most of the time these small updates come after negative posts. Still, better than nothing!
Quote from Scawen :That is such a ridiculous statement that you have simply made up in your mind and then decided to say it, without comparing it with any actual facts to check what you are saying.

If you want to make a point, you are welcome to do so, positive or negative. But if you want to state such negative viewpoints, you should support it with some kind of evidence. Otherwise you are just spreading the fantasy that exists in your mind.

If you look at the new version announcements over the past few years, you will see major improvements.

Bringing up the Scirocco is quite pathetic really. The one specific announcement in all the years we have been developing Live for Speed, that hasn't yet been released. You think it's sensible to attack us for it, several years later, because just once we believed we could release something, then later discovered the tyre physics weren't ready for it. You have so little to support the negative view you want to spread for your own amusement, that you come up with this worn out old beating stick that has been used against us for so many years and we have issued so many apologies about. All because of one medium powered front wheel drive car, that people have blown up into some kind of Holy Grail of sim racing.

A lot has changed for a lot of us since that announcement was made. Many of the people who have made such negative comments have grown-up a bit since then. To be honest I don't know if I have ever made any kind of whinge but actually your post here gives a better understanding of your perspective on it all than I had before.

LFS is the only game I have any interest in playing these days. I haven't played since the summer but I keep checking in to see what will bring me back. For me LFS is the Holy Grail of sim-racing Smile I still feel quite passionate about it, and I'm just a simple end user who over the years has had too much time on his hands (in days gone by). I hope you (and Eric and Victor) still feel passionate about the development of LFS.
Quote from Scawen :On a more positive note, the biggest crack site is now offline. I'm hoping that some people who were using pirated versions of LFS will decide to make their contribution and get online in the proper version.

Site is down but his master server is still online only what he do was propably broke up lfs launcher becouse i was not able to open LFS but i fix this and people still play there is so disappointing how people don't care about it becouse 80% of these people play only LFS all time. I'm not saying i'm perfect becouse i was doing this also but i finally understand how bad was this and i'm trying to do something with this but repaet83 has 33 years and he don't understand this i don't know how is it possible to behave like that for so long time.

EDIT: I know people from cracked servers also read this and think also about this becouse you all crying about updates on these servers but if we don't play LFS in legal way we can never see more updates for LFS if You will be still doing this just woke up please.

Sorry for bad English
"Bringing up the Scirocco is quite pathetic really. The one specific announcement in all the years we have been developing Live for Speed, that hasn't yet been released. You think it's sensible to attack us for it, several years later, because just once we believed we could release something, then later discovered the tyre physics weren't ready for it. You have so little to support the negative view you want to spread for your own amusement, that you come up with this worn out old beating stick that has been used against us for so many years and we have issued so many apologies about. All because of one medium powered front wheel drive car, that people have blown up into some kind of Holy Grail of sim racing."

Well that's quite a different perspective, I sincerely apologise for all the times I've complained about it.

I don't think it's the actual car people care about, it's more like the idea of having a new car in LFS to play around with, especially it being a real car. I personally would be much more excited for more standard street cars than race cars in LFS, because for the most part they're more fun to drive IMO.

Anyways I can't wait for the type physics, obviously I shouldn't over-hype it, but still awesome to see this game is still getting new content after such a long time.
Thanks for the comments.

Quote from jujek :Site is down but his master server is still online

This is sad to hear.

We are at a very bad point, when licensed racers go to race on an illegal server because there is more activity there.

It's hard to know what to do. We could get them all back if we offered LFS as a free game, but then we'd have to go and get another job.

Sad to think that LFS could die purely due to criminal activity. We think it's a pretty good deal, one payment for lifetime usage. But it seems that supporting independent developers is not something that most players want to do. Better just rip us off so we can't survive and only the giant corporations will remain.
We are motivated and busy on new things. LFS income does still pay the bills and I have no intention of stopping at this time. But I must admit in the last few days, the thought that all our efforts will also go to people who don't want to contribute in any way, was a little disturbing.
agree with sinbad : LFS is clearly the holy grail !
I have a thought for you Scavier having to handle with people doing sabotage ... that is sad, but unfortunately that is part of selling stuffs I guess ... Good to know they will have a little harder time to do again their bs in the future Wink
Quote from Scawen :We think it's a pretty good deal, one payment for lifetime usage. But it seems that supporting independent developers is not something that most players want to do.

Besides the american sim it's a bargain. But the mentality of many stays,I've seen many statements like "I won't pay money just for a game" in local communities,it's just the way of thinking,which will not change until these persons try to earn money themselves with something other then ordinary payjob. Earlier the amount such players was small compared to legal userbase,now with these discussions I see the proportion seems bigger...
Many might suggest improving cracking security,but this might be a fight with windmill,as hackers always find the way.
Scawen,

Is it possible to sue him/them or make some copyright/DMCA complaint? I'm not entirely sure how all this works, but isn't there something you guys can do to get it shutdown?
Quote from BeNoM :Scawen,

Is it possible to sue him/them or make some copyright/DMCA complaint? I'm not entirely sure how all this works, but isn't there something you guys can do to get it shutdown?

Good point repeat83 should pay for this becouse in holidays he had +30 000 users in this now propably even more i hope someone will charge him for this.
I know Steam has been mentioned before but would moving to Steam solve the piracy problem?
^ No, it wouldn't.
-
(repeat83) DELETED by repeat83
-
-
Quote from repeat83 :this topic again about cracks. I vote to delete.

Is becouse you ruin that game with your hobby stop doing this and problem will gone. i vote to delete your copy of master server.

EDITl: this topic is not about cracked users is about you repeat83 becouse you doing this let's come to your house and stole everything becouse why not? when you understant this don't be so stupid anymore please
"I vote to delete"

Lmfao

"Not possible. This is not a copy. It's new product. Any people can develop any program. TCP protocol not protected by law."

You're giving away copyrighted content for free, that's definitely protected by law.
I'm sure thre's someone out there who's good lawyer (or knows such person) and could at least threaten him with some paragraphs! What do we have to lose? Nothinig is impossible, even though it's Russia...

...Or Belarus, whatever.
I do want to say one thing, after my previous posts which sounded quite negative. Because in fact I feel positive about Live for Speed!

I do love this job and it is only because of the support of the Live for Speed racers that we have been able to go on so long. It has been developed for a much longer period than most games! We are very lucky to be able to work from home and be able to choose our time of work each day. It's really great to be self employed, being creative and making something that people enjoy. I want this to go on and to get done the things that we have planned, even if it takes a long time!

I don't mind at all that our earnings have decreased a lot from what they used to be, some time after S2 was released. That is only to be expected, without expanding the business. But I absolutely don't think life is all about earning as much money as possible.

For many years I've just accepted that there will always be cracks and it would be a futile war putting too much time into preventing them. The only thing that got me a bit disturbed in recent days was learning that the crack community was so much bigger than our legal one, it was actually pulling legal players away from our servers. LFS isn't much good if there aren't people online and that situation seems like a downward spiral.

So, thank you for your support and kind words. I do think this thread should be closed now. It's the holiday season now and I hope that people will go online, in the legal version and get a bit more racing going on there. There is fun to be had and it's all free if you already have a license!
This thread is closed

Where's all the racing servers?
(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG