The online racing simulator
Crossed off the bucket list: 300km/h in modified 911 Turbo S
Hello all,

I thought some folks on here might be interested in this... I've made the post public so anyone can check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.gerding.9/posts/10157477387715075?pnref=story

Would enjoy hearing some of your high speed adventures as well - I know those of you residing in Deutchland probably have the most, but it's less common in "Kanada" (Leider fur mich)

Cheers
Nice stretch of road you got there! Would be nice to test it out. Also love the Ford GT sound. Smile

I did 240 km/h in a rental Boxster few years ago. During that drive some woman decided to cut me off and overtake another car right in front of me. Thank gawd these things got so good brakes! https://youtu.be/_TmAWnYQW3I?t=5m27s
I'm living in Deutschland,but still don't have a proper car for high speeds - so my PB is 222km/h with my 25 years old N/A MR2. Shrug On a public road (autobahn) and that fully legal. Cool

PS. I also had once the need to go full on brakes from over 200 to about 120 because of someone who decided to pull into left lane to overtake someone about 5km/h slower then he was...
my PB is 200km/h on straight, 160km/h on powerslide...

Wish I could drive once something powerful on car on fast racetrack
265km/h on my GT-Four ST205.... yes, Autobahn, although I've hit 250 in the Italian autostrada too. I've driven few Lambos at 130km/h... but on twisty roads with 50km/h speed limit, I think that's more exciting.
Quote from Kid222 :Nice stretch of road you got there! Would be nice to test it out. Also love the Ford GT sound. Smile

There is plenty of road like that here... a shameful overabundance given our silly highway speed laws. It's way too easy to get a license here IMO. Our roads are wider, straighter, and better lit than the remaining sections of the Autobahn yet mostly it's restricted to 100km/h, maybe 110 in some places. It's pretty silly.

The Ford GT sounds great; it sounds better from inside since you can hear the super charger and it's pretty loud - the Porsche is so damn quiet that video doesn't do it justice, and the Ford kind of overtakes the audio in my footage.

Quote from Kid222 :I did 240 km/h in a rental Boxster few years ago. During that drive some woman decided to cut me off and overtake another car right in front of me. Thank gawd these things got so good brakes! https://youtu.be/_TmAWnYQW3I?t=5m27s

Nice video. I agree on the brakes.

Quote from Eclipsed :I'm living in Deutschland,but still don't have a proper car for high speeds - so my PB is 222km/h with my 25 years old N/A MR2. Shrug On a public road (autobahn) and that fully legal. Cool PS. I also had once the need to go full on brakes from over 200 to about 120 because of someone who decided to pull into left lane to overtake someone about 5km/h slower then he was...

Yeah, seems to be a common thing even over there. We get around the "legal" requirement with some devices that allow a few seconds to react first Wink

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :my PB is 200km/h on straight, 160km/h on powerslide...

Wish I could drive once something powerful on car on fast racetrack

160 sliding still sounds pretty hair raising.

Quote from NitroNitrous :265km/h on my GT-Four ST205.... yes, Autobahn, although I've hit 250 in the Italian autostrada too. I've driven few Lambos at 130km/h... but on twisty roads with 50km/h speed limit, I think that's more exciting.

Indeed it is. When I first got into this car, the driver made a right hand turn and opened it up (sadly not on video) in the middle of our downtown core, and was over 200 before we got over top of the over pass and down the other side.... My feet were off the floor and my eyes wide open thinking "wow - these guys are not afraid to use these cars!!!" At that moment, I knew I was in for a great evening Big grin
Redline in 6th on my SV650S was about 220 km/h.
Honestly don't know if I'd have the balls to do that on a bike. Then again, I've never driven one and don't have my license so who knows.
I mean I ride mountain bikes and used to race bikes. I can't imagine that a motorcycle feels any safer. I cut myself off at 40mph on a bike....
Quote from NitroNitrous :265km/h on my GT-Four ST205.... yes, Autobahn, although I've hit 250 in the Italian autostrada too. I've driven few Lambos at 130km/h... but on twisty roads with 50km/h speed limit, I think that's more exciting.

Similar, hit limiter in my first Impreza so around 250km/h but much more fun to be had around tight twisty roads, obviously all done on either on private land or the autobahn....
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
-
(Blade3562) DELETED by Blade3562
Around 205km/h in my old 2012 Ibiza.

On a track around 180km/h in a Lambo.
CL55 AMG (5.5L V8 N/A): 155mph (250kph)
Range Rover P38 (2.5L I6 TD): 115mph (185kph)

I'd like to lift the limiter on the Merc to see how fast it can go. I'll probably never take the P38 over 90 ever again, she doesn't really like it and she takes a while to crack a ton.

Crossed off the bucket list: 300km/h in modified 911 Turbo S
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG