The online racing simulator
"9397 Racing" -Events
(181 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
"9397 Racing" -Events
Tonight 90 laps race at CET 22:00

Let's see if there will be any movement and anybody driving all those laps Smile

So the server name tonight is "90 laps race at CET 22:00" and its a demo XFG server.
Just curious if we found enough XFG drivers to have such fun experiment.

90 laps should be interesting, because in theory you may do it with 100% fuel, or can you?

-there is PB limit to join race/track (some around 1:40)
-mid-race joining will be disabled - so be patient and careful on first lap!
-voting is enabled, if you meet crashers on the road, feel free to vote.
-if server full at the start, those with slow pb or bad safety rate will be removed

NOTE: pitstop is not mandatory.

Any suggestions/questions? The race will be on my server that usually is called "9397 Racing" (except tonight), there is Airio Free running (=not all Airio features) and server is rented from lfs.net

If miracle happens and full grid joining race, next time we will do similar in S2 mode with larger grid.
#2 - lucaf
Looks like the pb limit will not work correctly, hmm maybe I need to remove it or if anybody can explain why these paremeters block also some racers with good PB

(airio.srv.txt)
CheckLock=true
LockOnlyRace=false

LockByLFSW=false
LockByServer=true
Does your airio update wr's and download userstats.

maybe ident key is wrong or binded ip changed .... dunno

But you could check thatSmile
#4 - Bean0
Quote from lucaf :Looks like the pb limit will not work correctly, hmm maybe I need to remove it or if anybody can explain why these paremeters block also some racers with good PB

(airio.srv.txt)
CheckLock=true
LockOnlyRace=false

LockByLFSW=false
LockByServer=true

Try swapping the true/false on the last two lines.

It looks like it could be looking at PBs set on the server rather than LFSW PBs.
Quote from Bean0 :Try swapping the true/false on the last two lines.

It looks like it could be looking at PBs set on the server rather than LFSW PBs.

Yep you right
#6 - lucaf
earlier I had LockByLFSW = true but still had problems with known racers having good pb to join.

I dont have binded ip.
And the ident key is ok.
The race was great, atmosphere was amazing, can't wait for next one Smile. Congrats on your win Sainted. That race learned me that i could do 90 laps without a pit stop, but using handbrake in T1 on first 40 laps doesn't help Smile. It was great experience, im glad i've found that post today ! Big grin

PS1. (Don't read if you're eating) I was more lucky that i thought, 5 min after race i had unexpected guest, her name is Diarrhea, i hope we will not meet again Wink. Yeah the emotions had to came out somewhere, but they could choose better way Smile

PS2. Sorry for PS1! D:
#8 - lucaf
Congrats for the winner and thanks to all participants!

Some racers tried to manage all 90 laps with one tyre set, without success. My tyre blowed already on lap 54.

Also there was interesting variety of fuel consumption, not all managed to finish the race without refueling.

After green light:

1st lap 3rd sector:

NEXT EVENT WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS THREAD Smile
Will this be another good fun racing? Similar to RTFR
Cant believe I missed this.... :/
I watched on LFSremote a bit. Was funny how it was pretty close, then the tire problems and spins in pitlane looked like the decision, but then it was close again.
Thanks ymeshulin/Sainted for your report.

We started the event with a 2-lap pre-race just to check everything works and we are able to drive without crashing in T1. I had just the idea it would work better than qualify -session. Next time I remember to remove the "reverse order" flag from restart-options.

For me the race was catastrophic since i forgot to put midracejoin off, and some cruisers where joining the race and I had to stop my car to kick them out.

Anyway in some point at 10 or 20 laps I was comfortable 1 lap behind, and I was following Corse xyx & HR fighting together and had fun following them.

I also aimed to do race without pit stop, but already before half race noticed that my fuel will never last 90 laps, and my right rear tyre even less. After 50 laps there was still a little of surface left on RR so decided to do still some 10 laps, but on lap 54 it was just bang and spun and to the pit with three sane tyres.

I felt sorry for Monza who calculated fuel wrong, he was pretty quick until surprising stop.

Also sorry for migue who was bumping like a flipper ball on lap 1 and lost half lap because of that. Later migue showed strong pace but rear right tyre blew on lap 73 and he retired.

In this picture you can have a picture what happen to right rear tyre after many laps enough:
Quote from lucaf :i forgot to put midracejoin off, and some cruisers where joining the race and I had to stop my car to kick them out.

This is where setting password to server comes in handy - I use the same password for years now,everyone,who knows the event,knows the password (or finds the password if they are interested and searches for info),so no random joiners without a clue about what's going on in server joins it. It has been proven so effective that I even gave up changing password before the race.
Exactly. Even that pwd thing was in my mind, but in the start I was so excited (first organized event) that I forgot everything that was not close related to racing. Next time pwd, because it causes just stress hearing new ppl joining the server.
ymeshulin great race report, i have like same feelings as you. Also i've watched replay and i totally agree with you, i should leave you bit more space, sorry for that. The two spins i had was because of flat tyre ofc. When i choosed my strategy i knew it isn't right, and a lot less safe than one pit strategy. But i took the whole event as a good oportunity to have fun, didn't set myself to obligatory win. So, with lil bit of crazyness, i took the challange to drive 90 laps without a pit stop just to see what will happen and i almost did that Big grin.

And lucaf thanks one more time for that race. I felt bad for you when i saw you're one lap behind because of the orginising stuff you had to take care of. But still it was a huge pice of great work, and even tho you forgot about some things, you reacted fast, so others ppl race wasn't affected at all, sadly expect yours. But im sure next time you will have your chance to compete with others without troubles Smile
15.10.2016 CET 21:30 - S1 race at FE6Y Black RC!
  • The race will be run with TBO cars and it will be 35 laps long.
  • Since laptimes will be around 3-3½ min, the race will durate 100++ minutes.
  • The server will be passworded before event begins, join early!
  • There will be no restarts/mid-joins, no mercy for accidents.
  • No mandatory pitstops. You need to just create your own tyre/fuel strategy.
  • Crashing and/or disrespectful behaviour will lead to long ban.
  • We will start with 5 minute qualify, that means you have time to do one single hot lap (if you dont mess the warmup-lap)
  • The first corner is tight. Please be patience on first lap of the race and especially T1!
  • Don't join the event with too much seriousness. The main thing is to have fun together!
  • There is no car-reset possibility. So again, be patient, enter difficult parts slow.
  • The event will be cancelled if less than 6 racers join. Please join, there is plenty of space Smile
  • if you have accident and your car leaves in the middle of the track, there is NO rule to immediately spectate, but also it will not be tolerated that you leave your car there without aiming to continue race, just to harm other drivers. So if you have chance to continue, do your best to manage to pit without harming the race. If looks like you need to retire, spectate. (Does this make any sense?)
  • Once you spectate or go to pit by SHIFT+P, you CANNOT rejoin the race.
Please practice the circuit in advance. Its demanding for car, since it contains also a rallycross part even mostly its tarmac. Check with !top command what times others have done with your car. Undestand that the race will be hard for your patience (and for tyres of the car) because the track is bumpy and special. So this will be more a challenge of patience, instead of challenge of speed.

It would be nice to have a moderator/limad on the server during the race. Just to make sure possible crashers are quickly eliminated. If anyone (who I already know / who has enough credibility to that) is interested to such job, message me.

NOTE: The server name is during raceday: 35 LAPS RACE AT CET 21:30" and if it asks password, its my nickname 9397

ps. Anything listed above may change, and you can write your own suggestions for the event
Time is hard for me, but I also try hard to join for it, probably I will!
If I'm available, I'll join.
-
(lucaf) DELETED by lucaf : added to event announcement
The red cones means that is the racing line?
#20 - jkat
Will cutting of corners be allowed ?
Now seems that on every possible places ppl are cutting over the grass.

Also there is no speed limit in pit so it is possible to drive through pit
for getting advantage to 1st turn. Will that be allowed in qual and race ?
Quote from jkat :Will cutting of corners be allowed ?
Now seems that on every possible places ppl are cutting over the grass.

Also there is no speed limit in pit so it is possible to drive through pit
for getting advantage to 1st turn. Will that be allowed in qual and race ?

I hope that is intented! I like it how it is!

That's another story though, as IMO pitlane is pitlane!
Yes the red cones are kind of racing line, for example in the Club section its ok to cut on grass.

Otherwise I think there is less place to cut than for example in the official Fern Bay Black, because I've put tyres in many classic cut places. As far as I remember, that is the culture in LFS racing, that ppl cut in every possible places Big grin So go for cutting, I try to make it harder for you in places where its not appropriate.

I will make something to the pit enter, its not ok to use pitlane for getting advance to T1
Quote from lucaf :Yes the red cones are kind of racing line, for example in the Club section its ok to cut on grass.

Otherwise I think there is less place to cut than for example in the official Fern Bay Black, because I've put tyres in many classic cut places. As far as I remember, that is the culture in LFS racing, that ppl cut in every possible places Big grin So go for cutting, I try to make it harder for you in places where its not appropriate.

I will make something to the pit enter, its not ok to use pitlane for getting advance to T1

Add Narrow-Chicane or entry from LT1-LT2, ( LT = Last Turn )
Pit entry and exit refactored, also starting grid refactored. Starting grid will be similar than in Grand Prix's of 70's (more space between cars to eliminate frurstrating happenings in lap1/t1).

Practice pit entering, because now you must drive very slow last turn, to find the pit lane in inner side
qualify results (we had one-lap qualify)

"9397 Racing" -Events
(181 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG