The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6P2 (now P9)
(262 posts, closed, started )
About mirror mode 'all' I've given some sort of answer to that here:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1911705#post1911705

Trouble is, it's not easy now to draw the central mirror and a virtual mirror, as they are rendered in very different ways now. I have been thinking we could have an 'all' mode that draws a virtual mirror and side mirrors but hides the central mirror object.

I'm interested in opinions on that but it will not be done for this full version, which we are releasing today. I've just run out of time. At this point I can only fix bugs that are so bad the version cannot be released.
Ah ok, good job anyway Wink
OK, us need a new tyre physics)
Or the Sirocco! Smile
Anyway, thanks for the recent updates, devs! Heart
Quote from Scawen :Graphics :

Improved detection of nearby objects that should be shadowed

Thanks for the update Scawen, but I can't see any changes about that, could you explain me in which case I can actually see the changes ? Smile
Quote from nacim :Thanks for the update Scawen, but I can't see any changes about that, could you explain me in which case I can actually see the changes ? Smile

This is easy to see on Autocross Drag Strip, Sunset lighting. Drive to the cylindrical barriers below the traffic lights. If in P8 or older, the shadow is intermittent, depending on your distance and position. In P9, the shadow should always be as expected.
Quote from Scawen :This is easy to see on Autocross Drag Strip, Sunset lighting. Drive to the cylindrical barriers below the traffic lights. If in P8 or older, the shadow is intermittent, depending on your distance and position. In P9, the shadow should always be as expected.

I can see it now, thanks! Smile

Any more improvement for 0.6Q or that's all for this patch ? Smile
No, that's it. And French is updated. I couldn't increase the number of autocross objects because it's a compatible patch.
I've just discovered a mirror bug when it comes to damages:

The attached image will show how to reproduce it

1: Damage to the car
2: Car (mesh) gets repaired: The mirror image suddenly is a bit out of place. Depending on the damage, the entire mirror can get unusable)
3: After hitting a little object, some refresh is triggered and the mirror image is back in place.

I've witnessed this to both side and center mirror.

(I'm using P9 btw)
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Quote from Scawen :No, that's it. And French is updated. I couldn't increase the number of autocross objects because it's a compatible patch.

Okay! Thanks, sicotange also informed me of this morning. Smile
Quote from chucknorris :I've just discovered a mirror bug when it comes to damages:

Thanks, that was a showstopper! I've fixed it now.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6P2 (now P9)
(262 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG