The online racing simulator
3rd person camera
(18 posts, started )
3rd person camera
I'd like there to be a tdu type chase view wre you can look around your car while driving like the inside view you know what i mean?
i'd reallllllly like it..
You wanna be able to look left and right from 3rd person view

(Translation)

+1, but then again you can see enough around you in 3rd person view, so it's kind of like not needed.
is is to me lol
How about just looking backwards? This is all that's available now. Maybe you will get your wish, maybe you won't. This method might have to do until that day.

Define a custom view looking 180º backwards from above the front of the hood of the car. Like a revers look of the chase cam.

Then assign some buttons to switch to that view and back again to Chase. The Chase view and Cusom view are right next to each other in the view cycle list. So "V" & "Shift-V" would work.
or use:
/press V
/shift V

These will also work as binds
/view fol
/view custom

e.g. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=482328#post482328
Or you can use the mouse move to look around.
Chase view is fine without being able to look left and right, IMO.

And if this was implemented the "hardcore" racers would freak out anyway. Better keep them quiet.
Why would hard core racers freak out? I mean, being able to look left or right is not more unrealistic than the 3rd person view itself, so I guess hard core racers would simply shrug and go play on cockpit only servers
Quote from ColeusRattus :Why would hard core racers freak out? I mean, being able to look left or right is not more unrealistic than the 3rd person view itself, so I guess hard core racers would simply shrug and go play on cockpit only servers

Ok, that was too general, sorry.

There are some people here who would do that. They would probably say that it would give chase view users another unfair advantage.
Can't agree with what you're saying here, except that some forum members (myself included) tend to get overly excited on trifle matters.
Oooh! I'd like full car views, like in Burnout Paradise and Midnight Club.

+1 from me.
^yes, a hat view from the chase cam. burnut, mdc, tdu, ect...
Well then, FL!PCAMS? Build the 3 custom views (left/right/rear) and script the hat switch to bind them - Joy2Key.
Like GTA? Give the damn other players a drive-by
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
as in while your driving... the drive by would be fun
Seems some people in America pass their driver's license in cahse view
Quote from speedway :im surprised noone has suggested shift+u for this yet

That's because in Shift-U you have to use the keyboard to move the camera around it would take like 3 seconds to position the camera in the left/right/chase/fwd positions.

Also the camera sits at the same spot when you drive. So as you go around T1, the car goes off the screen and the camera is still facing NORTH or whetever it started at. You can rotate with the mouse, but at somepoint the car is facing directly at the camera which makes racing difficult.

Pretty unpractical to use while driving in it's curent ability/functionality

You would need a pretty nifty insim client program to track the car using shift-u view. And it would need to reposition itself instantly to the sides of the car and would have to monitor the view buttons or chat commands. It's a pretty specific program to write. It's possible, but I doubt someone will do it.
Hello i really want third person whats the settings for it?
Quote from Leo_Dahlin :Hello i really want third person whats the settings for it?

If you're in cockpit view, press V 2 times

3rd person camera
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG