The online racing simulator
What the **** is wrong with Europe?
(106 posts, started )
Actually you are right they did also sell the 300c, forgot about that one but as said they have stopped selling anything now. You do get the odd Charger/Challenger but they are just US imports and very rare here, think I've only ever seen one at a show.
Quote from Racer Y :You know..... You know why BMWs are popular cars in the US? No. Not because its a good car. It is a pretty good car (as long as you don't have to work on it) but that's not the reason. No. The reason is because of it's use in a couple of movies during the early 1980's. Hollywood expanded on this with the concept of "product placement" in it's movies.
Producers did that as a way to cover the production costs of the movies.
If Fiat and GM is serious about wanting to market Trucks in Western Europe, they may want to look into that. Help finance a couple of local TV show episodes... ones that will show the Truck in positive light. Not a dominating feature of the show though. No something subtle. Just something in the background. Just enough for the viewer to take notice. It worked wonders for Dr Pepper in the 90's.
Yeah. If I had something to do with it, I'd go that route. Plus, I'd go a step further and hit a target demographic: Women. Yes women. Well not as being the actual operator of said vehicle, but as a strong supporter of the family getting the vehicle. I don't know how many times I've heard women say they wanted to get their husbands a truck. They don't want the husband to have the truck because he'd look cool driving one. She wants that so she can have him. a big empty bed and a whole weekend to get him and that bed to do whatever it is she wants done. I would also go regional if I could. Like there probably isn't going to be a market for one in Berlin, but maybe in Hemer? I don't think I'd push sport trucks too much. Or the really big extended cab monsters for obvious reasons,
But I wouldn't try to sell utility models.

This is even getting more interesting...Big grin a BMW a pretty good car? It's like technologically far beyond anything that was developed and built in your island nation. Could be even better if they would remove their built-in malfunctions to create contact moments for dealerships.. or just build engines that run 1 million km's easily without one single spanner on its engine. Unfortunately those days are over, ask Volvo how well you company will do in this market if you build cars that will last for 700.000km without any trouble. (Volvo is not from Texas btw.)

Unfortunately for the usa they do not run their own board.. but that's another discussion. More unfortunately for Europe.. is that we are really connected to your colonial island nation. That means in both financial ways and trading ways. ( It's why it is so important that Great Britain steps out of Europe!!) Because usa needs Europe more than ever. Pure ding dong coins is whats lacking because of your rubbish american dollar that your island nation dont want to see shrinking as an important world currency while its basically valueless already. This means we are nicely dragged into your financial rubbish since the financial crisis was blown over the ocean.

The EU/usa are in financially troubled water these days with what is it a state debt for usa of 140% gdp and the EU 126%? This with no recovery in sight yet. usa placing embargos on Russia, which turn out to work well for Russia that relocate export towards other nations and enhance ties with other brics nations and are less effective for us. (Another hard chess play and big loss for obama in the game Obama vs Putin).

This is more or less the reason why in the world of big companies its more or less last man standing and for smaller companies it will keep on being harder and harder just to continue being the second biggest. This while the biggest one continues eating the left overs from the ones that have fallen who were less big. Evident to this new york monetairy system though which we knew for years.

That's more the cause why e.g. Fiat has hard times even being able to set up a well positioned attack with new models etc etc. while meanwhile.. the asian car companies....

Damn.. Maybe I have even been given this colonial citizen a reason now to back up the war that the usa is trying to create to Russia. Well.. it might be a sollution you know.. as economies always woke up very nicely after wars Smile just keep your children save Wink
Quote from danielroelofs :This is even getting more interesting...Big grin a BMW a pretty good car? It's like technologically far beyond anything that was developed and built in your island nation. Could be even better if they would remove their built-in malfunctions to create contact moments for dealerships.. or just build engines that run 1 million km's easily without one single spanner on its engine. Unfortunately those days are over, ask Volvo how well you company will do in this market if you build cars that will last for 700.000km without any trouble. (Volvo is not from Texas btw.)

Unfortunately for the usa they do not run their own board.. but that's another discussion. More unfortunately for Europe.. is that we are really connected to your colonial island nation. That means in both financial ways and trading ways. ( It's why it is so important that Great Britain steps out of Europe!!) Because usa needs Europe more than ever. Pure ding dong coins is whats lacking because of your rubbish american dollar that your island nation dont want to see shrinking as an important world currency while its basically valueless already. This means we are nicely dragged into your financial rubbish since the financial crisis was blown over the ocean.

The EU/usa are in financially troubled water these days with what is it a state debt for usa of 140% gdp and the EU 126%? This with no recovery in sight yet. usa placing embargos on Russia, which turn out to work well for Russia that relocate export towards other nations and enhance ties with other brics nations and are less effective for us. (Another hard chess play and big loss for obama in the game Obama vs Putin).

This is more or less the reason why in the world of big companies its more or less last man standing and for smaller companies it will keep on being harder and harder just to continue being the second biggest. This while the biggest one continues eating the left overs from the ones that have fallen who were less big. Evident to this new york monetairy system though which we knew for years.

That's more the cause why e.g. Fiat has hard times even being able to set up a well positioned attack with new models etc etc. while meanwhile.. the asian car companies....

Damn.. Maybe I have even been given this colonial citizen a reason now to back up the war that the usa is trying to create to Russia. Well.. it might be a sollution you know.. as economies always woke up very nicely after wars Smile just keep your children save Wink

WOw. Nice post. Lotta reading though. Yeah A car that runs forever doesn't do much for job security.

"a BMW a pretty good car? It's like technologically far beyond anything that was developed and built in your island nation."
Ever work on one? By the way... I think Shotglass gave me this link too. I think. It was years ago. But the cheapest place to get Beemer parts anywhere? Yep. Dallas. Yeah. Dallas, Texas. Some giant warehouse.
Don't get me started on those cars.

"The EU/usa are in financially troubled water these days with what is it a state debt for usa of 140% gdp and the EU 126%?"
The world's been running on imaginary money since the mid-1980s, so?

"(Another hard chess play and big loss for obama in the game Obama vs Putin)."
Obama's a lame duck President. If we get stuck with HIllary, she might go psycho on him. If we get stuck with Trump? ....Summit meetings between BFFd.

"This is more or less the reason why in the world of big companies its more or less last man standing and for smaller companies it will keep on being harder and harder just to continue being the second biggest. This while the biggest one continues eating the left overs from the ones that have fallen who were less big. Evident to this new york monetairy system though which we knew for years."
Know another reason that kills off the little guy economically? Socially progressive over-regulation.
The only folks that can afford those regulations, the fees to be certified. The training for the employees to be certified to be regulated to be certified to work there.... Mom and Pop businesses can't afford all that.

"Damn.. Maybe I have even been given this colonial citizen a reason now to back up the war that the usa is trying to create to Russia. Well.. it might be a sollution you know.. as economies always woke up very nicely after wars Smile just keep your children save Wink"
You really don't have a clue, do you? YOu keep bashing 'merica and don't even know what's going on.
There's a real potential for things to get nasty here. WWIII? LOLOL no. More like our second civil war.
But that's OK, Your future really isn't so bright either. And monetary issues won't even be on the billing.

You know, I hung out with some Swedish kids a while back. Really nice people. Smart as hell. No way I could live there. I'd probably get deported.

So. If you watched an episode of NCIS Sweden, and there was a cut scene of a Fiat step-side doing a nice drift on a back street in Copenhagen, would you buy it then?
Oh what am I thinking? You're from Sweden. All it'll take is for a couple of y'all to decide that having one needs to be required work benefit and you'll have them all over the place faster than you can say male maternity leave.
Quote from Forbin :Each state in the US does have its own flag. They're mostly hideous.

As flags tend to be when not ablaze.
Quote from cargame.nl :It's funny how an interpretation of a nation flag can lead to a change of discussion. I stick with my home flag while I left the country years ago. Others replace their nations flag instantly when they emigrate.

What if the States of America all would have their own flag.. Would you get the same discussion but then based on state? Like someone from Texas or California are two completely different species all of a sudden?

I think everyone should have their very own personal flag.

And it's a good thing you stick with your home flag Cargame, cause if you display the flag from where you're at, it might tip off the authorities and they'll deport you.......

Oh and people from California and Texas ARE two different species to each other. But they both have a lot of pick up trucks. Remember, stick with the subject.

The subject of moving to Belize comes up quite a bit in conversations around here. We're at the stage right now where we are seriously considering to seriously consider moving there. Oh yeah. They have pick up trucks there too. In fact, after getting soaked on a boat ride, I had to jump in the back of one to get to an airport. There. Still on the subject Smile
Quote from cargame.nl :Well... Hhmm.. Then pickups need to have a design change.. Like being rounded and getting fluffy round 'eyes'. Headlights... Like the VW T1 is now immensely popular because of that. Completely impractical but woman don't care about that.

And this is worth over $15.000 right now. Because women. A guy wouldn't think of it to buy such junk stuff.

(example; http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=224506995&isSearchRequest=true&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&scopeId=C&makeModelVariant1.makeId=25200&makeModelVariant1.modelId=42&pageNumber=1 )

Omg, that car is cool. I need to buy one Big grin
Actually, the question is really "What the **** is wrong with the US?"

The U.S. Defense Department is still using — after several decades — 8-inch floppy disks in a computer system that coordinates the operational functions of the nation's nuclear forces, a jaw-dropping new report reveals.

Defense has plans to upgrade its nuclear-related technology system soon. Lt. Col. Valerie Henderson, department spokeswoman, said: "This system remains in use because, in short, it still works. However, to address 'obsolescence concerns' Na-na, the floppy drives are scheduled to be replaced with Secure Digital devices by the end of 2017. Modernization across the entire Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) enterprise remains ongoing."

And here we are arguing about VR systems and if a 1080 is a good investment for the future..........

Go Team USA..........

“We'll be saying a big hello to all intelligent lifeforms everywhere and to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys.”

(No, not the latest 5 1/4" but actually 8". 5 1/4 will clearly be the next 'Big Step Forward'........ )

........The 8-inch floppy disk is to computers what the hand crank starter is to automobiles—a relic of the past, existing in museums, black-and-white photos and maybe your grandfather’s basement.

They’re the stuff of computer nostalgia, finding themselves made into a desk clock, attached to a tote bag or throw pillow, or emblazoned on a T-shirt. And they can also be used to launch intercontinental ballistic missiles.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Actually, the question is really "What the **** is wrong with the US?"

The U.S. Defense Department is still using — after several decades — 8-inch floppy disks in a computer system that coordinates the operational functions of the nation's nuclear forces, a jaw-dropping new report reveals.

Defense has plans to upgrade its nuclear-related technology system soon. Lt. Col. Valerie Henderson, department spokeswoman, said: "This system remains in use because, in short, it still works. However, to address 'obsolescence concerns' Na-na, the floppy drives are scheduled to be replaced with Secure Digital devices by the end of 2017. Modernization across the entire Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) enterprise remains ongoing."

And here we are arguing about VR systems and if a 1080 is a good investment for the future..........

Go Team USA..........

“We'll be saying a big hello to all intelligent lifeforms everywhere and to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys.”

(No, not the latest 5 1/4" but actually 8". 5 1/4 will clearly be the next 'Big Step Forward'........ )

........The 8-inch floppy disk is to computers what the hand crank starter is to automobiles—a relic of the past, existing in museums, black-and-white photos and maybe your grandfather’s basement.

They’re the stuff of computer nostalgia, finding themselves made into a desk clock, attached to a tote bag or throw pillow, or emblazoned on a T-shirt. And they can also be used to launch intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Worse than that, the US military uses Chrysler(dodge) Pick-up trucks. Pickup trucks (utes) Racer X. Utes.
I don't know if the military uses them on bases in Europe though. Probably not. That's pickup truks Racer X. Utes, not word processors, 10 key or floppy disks. Trucks. Trucks in Europe Racer X. Europe. With a E.
And besides, you're looking at this the wrong way. Those Floppy disks? Hey that's Retro Chic. Where's your sense of style?

but !!!!!!!!

Quote from Racer X NZ :

but !!!!!!!!

I notice those two clock photos had different times on them. YOu think they were taken in different time zones?

The second photo? That's not a truck. And I'm from Houston Remember? Aside from making Home Invasion an extreme sport, we also invented the whole artcar concept. Not impressed.

Third Photo. That clown? Really? Hell. He doesn't even have a truck. Probably doesn't know how to drive either.

The Artcar Parade..... Used to be really cool back in the day. Now it's pretty much commercialized and copycats elsewhere. The guy that pretty much founded the parade? Well he got killed by a drunk driver in front of the place the art drivers hang out during that parade weekend a few years back. How ironic, huh?
The driver? He was a drunken teenager..... yeah. Driving a truck.
Uh... I been thinking. You know what else Europe doesn't have that the rest of the continents have? A tropical climate zone. Could that be a connection? Antarctica doesn't have a tropical climate and I don't think they have them there either. If there were a connection between the two facts, then that relationship would be beyond the comprehensive capabilities of mortal man.
Well as someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, one huge downside to a pickup of any kind here in the uk is that it rains, a lot, so 50% of the time you would end up having to cover up what ever you where transporting. A van doesn't suffer that problem Wink
In finland, we simply choose what car is best to use in method of needs.

If we need wagon, we need wagon.
If we need pick-up, we need pick-up.
If we need truck, we need truck.
If we need trailer, we need trailer.
If we need van, we need van.
If we need nothing, we need car ( anyway ).
It looks like pretty solid logic to me...

Tropics => pick-ups
No tropics (Europe and Antarctica) => no pickups.
"While historically an Australian-designed "ute" has been a 2-door vehicle based on a passenger car chassis (such as the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon), the term is also used in Australia and New Zealand to describe vehicles which would be called a pickup truck or truck in the rest of the world."

So now you know.
Quote from Racer X NZ :"While historically an Australian-designed "ute" has been a 2-door vehicle based on a passenger car chassis (such as the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon), the term is also used in Australia and New Zealand to describe vehicles which would be called a pickup truck or truck in the rest of the world."

So now you know.

Hey. Next year or early '18 we're going to be invading Australia and New Zealand... I'm going to need a couch to put my army on
Quote from cargame.nl :OK, Mexico has a tropical climate so this justifies a big need for pickups in the USA. Logic.

Mexico is part of North America and does have a topical climate. Does it have any relevancy to trucks in Europe? Nope Big grin

What the **** is wrong with Europe?
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG