The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6M2 (now M9)
(168 posts, closed, started )
Quote from pik_d :Try a force refresh (Shift+F5), I had to do that after Victor fixed it.

you mean cntrl f5 but thanx it works
Quote from RC-Maus :you mean cntrl f5 but thanx it works

Haha, yes sorry. Glad you figured out what I meant.
I´ve tested the new point and click functionality a little longer today. At first I thought I will assign ESC to the left wheel button and OK to the right wheel button (2 buttons only on the G25), but after a while I came to the conclusion that the virtual keyboard on the left button is the better choice, because there are simply more possibilities than with ESC.

In the end the implementation in this iteration is great as it is. Maybe in future we can interact in this way with the cockpit (ignition, horn, speed limiter etc...)Big grin ?

I am more worried about the new view reset mode. I fear it might be a little motion sickness inducing for VR newbies, because the whole world is moving. In the past I closed my eyes, did a reset of the view and opened my eyes again.

What about this idea? During reset keep the world as it is and render a second model of the world in wireframe mode which is perfectly aligned/attached to the HMD. After ok the old world fades out and the wireframe world fades with colors in? But to be honest I have no idea if this could work and is better than the current solution Smile
I've added Belgian and Ireland to the list of supported Latin keyboards.

Quote from cargame.nl :I noticed LFS crashes when you switch too quickly between compressed and full concerning car and helmet skins @Options->graphics ..

I can't seem to reproduce this.

Please can you try again? Maybe it's specific to a certain track / cars / settings?
Quote from cargame.nl :I noticed LFS crashes when you switch too quickly between compressed and full concerning car and helmet skins @Options->graphics ..

For me it won't accept any new click until the change is done, so I can't really change quickly between them (though I kept spamming the left click).
I was able to reproduce it. Loaded a replay and kept changing that setting until it crashed, took quite a few tries.

LFS.exe
56e42fe2
LFS.exe
56e42fe2
c0000005
000156c1
1fac
01d17f893aadbab3
K:\Programas instalados\LFS testpatch\LFS.exe
K:\Programas instalados\LFS testpatch\LFS.exe
b6fd7528-dd4a-4b21-8ee4-e86575b4ddad
This one is kinda out of blue, not related to what you guys are trying to improve right now, but......

In multiplayer list of servers, there used to be an option to include or exclude demo servers. It's been gone for a while now. It would be really, really nice to get it back again. It's a bit annoying to search through them when I'm not interested in one.

Sorry if there was already a discussion about that, didn't catch it.
Quote from sermilan :
In multiplayer list of servers, there used to be an option to include or exclude demo servers. ...

You can use lfsworld.net's server browser for it now. Also, you could use LFSLazy.
Quote from cargame.nl :But I can throw in an error report, maybe this helps? (I thought it was happening always so initially didn't include it).

Quote from Whiskey :I was able to reproduce it. Loaded a replay and kept changing that setting until it crashed, took quite a few tries.

Thanks for the crash reports.

I was able to track down the line, reproduce and fix the crash.

I plan to release an update (test patch) today.
Test Patch M4 is available in the first post:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89160-Test-Patch-0-6M2-%28now-M4%29

Please try out the Virtual Keyboard (press backspace or an assigned controller key). You should be able to operate LFS fully with only a controller and mouse. With a VR headset you don't even need the mouse.

There is now special support for several different keyboard layouts. It should work correctly with most of the main input languages used in LFS, specially the Latin ones. I think a few keys are in the wrong place on Czech keyboard and quite a few out of place in Hungarian. Japanese and Korean virtual keyboards are not supported properly, but will work fine in US English input mode.
Quote from matze54564 :The "Watch Out" per Button works no more right. When i press "Right View", it watch 45° out and when i press at first time "Right View" and second time "Left View" to watch 90° right out, it watch left out. Looking left works like before.

Is this bug in your notes, Scawen?
Using the Czech layout, when I press the highlighted key ` twice (Alt gr + 7), it changes the message colour to black for some reason Looking

Also, my LFS crashes when I press space on the virtual keyboard to reset my car. Crash info:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 56eb18fd
Fault Module Name: LFS.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 56eb18fd
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 000f2a35
OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1029
Attached images
key.png
Quote from Flame CZE :Is this bug in your notes, Scawen?

Right, I had misunderstood his post originally. I see the bug now.

Quote from Flame CZE :Using the Czech layout, when I press the highlighted key ` twice (Alt gr + 7), it changes the message colour to black for some reason Looking

Interesting. I see that has always been the case, even before the virtual keyboard. I should make the colours selectable when only CTRL is down, and not ALT (or SHIFT).

Quote from Flame CZE :Also, my LFS crashes when I press space on the virtual keyboard to reset my car.

Good find, thanks. That was working earlier today. I've got that in the debugger now.

By the way, do you use QWERTY or QWERTZ keyboard? I read there are two types in use but only one input language identifier so I wasn't sure how to proceed with Czech support.
Quote from Scawen :By the way, do you use QWERTY or QWERTZ keyboard? I read there are two types in use but only one input language identifier so I wasn't sure how to proceed with Czech support.

We use QWERTZ, although I've read that QWERTY can be used as well. Our layout looks like this:

There are a few keys on the right side that are in the wrong place in LFS.
Test Patch 0.6M6 is now available!

Multiplayer :

New Demo filter at bottom of List of Hosts screen

Virtual keyboard :

Czech and Hungarian keyboard layouts are now supported
Mouse button function (e.g. throttle) disabled if clicking keyboard

Look and click :

Crosshairs did not work with vertical scroll bar

Download : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89160
If I can be of any help with russian layout, tell me how.

lower case:
// `1234567890-=\
ё1234567890-=\

йцукенгшщзхъ
фывапролджэ
ячсмитьбю.

upper case:
// ~!@#$%^&*()_+|
Ё!"№;%:?*()_+/
ЙЦУКЕНГШЩЗХЪ
ФЫВАПРОЛДЖЭ
ЯЧСМИТЬБЮ,

numbers part is copied just in case. You can see that we have "Ё" letter where the rest of the world has some signs... You can find pics of russian keyboards by putting "йцукен" into your web search site of choice.

EDIT: added windows-1251-encoded file with the layout
Attached files
russian_layout.txt - 142 B - 466 views
The Russian keyboard is supposed to be supported already (since 0.6M4).

Are you seeing it wrong if you press BKSP in game, with Russian input language selected?
oh I missed it, sorry, I thought it isn't done yet.
The only ones I know are not done now are Korean, Japanese and Turkish.

Anyone who has a keyboard that is not US or UK, please do run LFS and press BKSP (backspace) to show the virtual keyboard. You do not need to be in VR mode to do this! Big grin

It should look a lot like your actual keyboard, and you should be able to change your input language in the normal way and see the keyboard change as soon as you do.
Yeah, by a shortcut key or by clicking the language name in the task bar. Dutch don't need to do this as they have US keyboards, but people from some countries do regularly change the input language, specially if they have a non-Latin alphabet.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6M2 (now M9)
(168 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG