The online racing simulator
Simbin: RaceRoom Racing Experience.
(56 posts, started )
Because of my son, I get to try various racing games. And it seems no matter how pretty they look, they always fall short where it counts.
Now most of the titles are consoles and "playing" based on coding the G25 to work with an Xbox 1. It runs through a ....preamp? that emulates stuff or something. I don't know much about it as a lot of that computer crap is over my head. Anyways, It seems that every title made after 2006 totally abandoned the concept of realistic performance. I guess you only have so much disc space, why waste it on something you can't see or sell and use it to make pretty trees?
Project Cars comes to mind here. With all the neat set up options, you think you're doing something.... til you pick a whole different car, leave it stock and it handles almost exactly the same.
And what is this Asynchronous Racing nonsense? Honestly... I'd rather play GTA than any of the titles out nowdays. It's car physics suck too. But at least they don't B.S. you into thinking it doesn't and you can run over pedestrians. That's a lot more fun than driving a Porsche, a Barracuda and a F1 car and not noticing a difference.
I'm not knocking your game here. I'm not sure I've even played it. I just noticed that all the titles I have played are pretty disappointing.
could somebody burn a dvd for me. i cant take waiting 3 days for 15GB dl.
im in uk & will pay postage provide dvd.

thx
Anyone: What is your experience today, on this game? I bought it some weeks ago, but after playing +100hours Assetto Corsa, Im heavily disappointed on the drive feeling of this one, compared on AC.

I have only Legends Experience pack wich containts for example similar DTM cars of 90's than AC.

Tried some cars of that pack, including those DTM cars. And of course on Nordschleife wich also this game has laser scanned version. Compared to AC, this game is like driving on pool table.

Nordschleife track is not flat, instead the surface is curved. This I dont feel in the game at all. The driving sensitivity feels like you are floating over the track, not rolling on the track. Do I have just missed some critical settings, or anyone having same experience?

Such a pity, since the user interface of the game is very good, unlike in AC...

edit: one interesting feature there is in multiplayer mode - you can join servers that contain cars you do not have. For example you can join a sever if you have the track, and if you have at least one car listed on the server. So you can race with opponents that run cars you cannot select.

edit: 5 weeks later I have to change my opinion. The FFB feeling is different than AC, but more I play it more I get used to it and now I find myself enjoying this game. Now I even can feel the track sufrace that I couldnt feel when writing this. AC has still very interesting wheel sensitiviness but I wouldnt say this one game is bad either. Never judge too early...
Quote from lucaf :Anyone: What is your experience today, on this game? I bought it some weeks ago, but after playing +100hours Assetto Corsa, Im heavily disappointed on the drive feeling of this one, compared on AC.

I have only Legends Experience pack wich containts for example similar DTM cars of 90's than AC.

Tried some cars of that pack, including those DTM cars. And of course on Nordschleife wich also this game has laser scanned version. Compared to AC, this game is like driving on pool table.

Nordschleife track is not flat, instead the surface is curved. This I dont feel in the game at all. The driving sensitivity feels like you are floating over the track, not rolling on the track. Do I have just missed some critical settings, or anyone having same experience?

Such a pity, since the user interface of the game is very good, unlike in AC...

edit: one interesting feature there is in multiplayer mode - you can join servers that contain cars you do not have. For example you can join a sever if you have the track, and if you have at least one car listed on the server. So you can race with opponents that run cars you cannot select.

That is actually GREAT feature! Well, I assume you can't join at all if you do not have the track server is currently running
Quote from UnknownMaster21 : Well, I assume you can't join at all if you do not have the track server is currently running

True in multiplayer (except on free weekends). Then there is the competition mode, kind of hotlap competition, where this time, you can take part even you don't have bought that specific track. For example there is one ongoing competition at Macau's track, gosh it was nice Smile
RRE got updated couple of weeks ago. Among the updated things, GT3 cars got new physics and tire model.

Interested on this, managed to find the "starter pack" on 5€ inside the game's store portal. The pack contains 5 tracks and 10 cars (one of those being GT3 car, meaning you can join multiplayer servers hosting GT3 series). Have to say, wasn't too bad the feeling of McLaren GT3 car.

Simbin: RaceRoom Racing Experience.
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG