The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6J2 [now J3]
(32 posts, closed, started )
Test Patch 0.6J2...

Nearby objects are now visible in the reflections on cars.
Building reflections have also been improved.
The HTC Vive VR headset is now supported through OpenVR.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88636
#2 - troy
Looks pretty good with those new reflections (picture taken with 8x sparse grid ss and max reflections)

Just don't go onboard with the rb4 otherwise you may shatter the illusion. Big grin
Attached images
lfs_00000137.png
Reflections on full:

I can only see matte liveries.
Wonderful patch! Smile
I haven't tried the new patch but I don't like what I see on the screens, sorry. They look too mate and dull.
doesn't it depend on the selected weather? Too soon to draw conclusions.
As in the real world, the amount of reflection depends greatly on the angle between your eye and the surface. When a shiny paint surface faces you directly, the reflection is down to around 4%. When you are looking at reflection on the surface from an extreme angle, nearly parallel to the surface, the reflection amount increases to 100%. It's similar with glass but glass has two reflecting surfaces so when it faces you, the reflection is around 8%. If you want to read up on this, search for Fresnel reflections or Schlick's approximation.
It is hard to notice on still images but is nice subtile effect in motion.
I watched a replay with many flying objects, looks cool when you have camera 'attached' to side of the car. Those overhead brake-distance-markers or the gates on Blackwood Rallye also get reflectd.

There is bit strange effect if you put a camera like in picture and then spin the car around:
A bright yellow/white dot (depending on weather), here visible on the air duct thingy:

It 'moves' nicely over the car but the yellow sun reflected like that, seems a bit too focused/strong?

The trainings-editor is interessting, what is the plan with that?
Would be cool if "challenges" could be as easily distributed as setups or layouts.
(With layout currently is bit a problem that any instruction (target times, car, route,..) are seperated from the file itself, like in forum or so.)
Attached images
dot.jpg
Pics by Jaki.

lesson. track BL, layout for bl1y, lesson type - overtaking)) Ai travel on BL1 confing
Attached images
lfs_00000153.png
lfs_00000148.png
Quote from aanrus :lesson. track BL, layout for bl1y, lesson type - overtaking)) Ai travel on BL1 confing

Maybe it's time for you to make a clean install of LFS.
MousemanLV, it looks pretty good on those screenshots Smile
Quote from lfsrm :
Quote from aanrus :lesson. track BL, layout for bl1y, lesson type - overtaking)) Ai travel on BL1 confing

Maybe it's time for you to make a clean install of LFS.

And here's this? I have LFS no mods
I think what he means is:
Usually it is not possible to even add AI-drivers on open config, but appearently he somehow circumvented that block/check with the lessons-editor.
Quote from Gutholz :I think what he means is:
Usually it is not possible to even add AI-drivers on open config, but appearently he somehow circumvented that block/check with the lessons-editor.

The map is clearly showing a closed circuit Shrug
Thx for the update!
Quote from Gutholz :I think what he means is:

You can start an AI-only race in single player, but then enter the editor and place objects while the AI continue to race. The addition of a few 'surprise jumps' really spices things up a bit Big grin

edit: I should add that you need to start with a standard circuit that AI are happy to race on.
There's not enough the description of a field to select a lesson in .txt format. And some limitations on AI.
-
(GT4_PL) DELETED by GT4_PL
I'm really liking the reflections. Subtle but well implemented and realistic.

With online racing being on the wane at the moment, I suppose a lot of people play offline. Has enabling racers to create championships offline against the AI been considered?

This would add a lot to the game for me personally, and I'm guessing would be relatively easy to do?

I'd be interested in hearing developer's feedback on this.
Quote from farcar :I suppose a lot of people play offline. Has enabling racers to create championships offline against the AI been considered?

This would add a lot to the game for me personally, and I'm guessing would be relatively easy to do?

I'd be interested in hearing developer's feedback on this.

I think a lot of people would expect this feature in a racing sim, and it would surely add value. But looking at the current state of AI in LFS and the fact that the main focus of this product is online racing perhaps it would be more suitable for a community member to develop this feature using (local) Insim? Sure, the controls would not be truly integrated in the UI but the button interface can be made pretty intuitive.
Quote from felplacerad :I think a lot of people would expect this feature in a racing sim, and it would surely add value. But looking at the current state of AI in LFS and the fact that the main focus of this product is online racing perhaps it would be more suitable for a community member to develop this feature using (local) Insim? Sure, the controls would not be truly integrated in the UI but the button interface can be made pretty intuitive.

The AI in LFS is fine to race with. Not perfect, but as good or better than other sims that do have offline championships.

While LFS is fantastic online, the reality is only a tiny number of people race online relative to licenses sold. One only speculate, but I'd be willing to bet my hat there are loads more people playing offline than online.

A simple, integrated offline championship creator seems like a bit of a no-brainer to me.
This thread is closed

(32 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG