The online racing simulator
Driving views
(56 posts, started )
Driving views
Firstly, hello all.

I only found the game last week and after a week on the demo decided to buy it And boy is it going to take some learning and plenty of practice

I normally prefer the 'over the bonnet' view when driving 'games', but thought I'd see what others use.

I can see the 'behind the car' view allows you to see who's around you better, but it's not like driving.
as close to real as possible... for me cockpit.
Cockpit, standart
Cockpit all the way...
I used to like the cockpit view, but I've now moved over to a 'bonnet' view for most of the cars. I just started thinking "Here I am, there's my arms, there's the wheel . . and there's another set of arms, and another wheel, and why do I spend my time with 60% of my 'vision' filled with dashboard and A-pillar?"

So I tried out the bonnet view and now I really do prefer it.
Chase view though - I can't even drive in chase view.
(Some would say I can't drive anyway, but hey . . .) :snail:

Edit: Well, well - my first post on the new forum.
#7 - Vain
Cockpit.

Vain
ermm well i drive either with bonnet view using the custom view setup you can use in lfs or just the tire view..not realistic i know but prefer it ....
First of all: "Welcome to the World of LFS"

2nd thing: Take a last look at your family and friends, you won't see them so often in future

3rd thing: There is only one view that is realistic, and this is the cockpit view. (makes it a bit harder to drive too)
But mainly the driving view is a thing of personal preference, you can pick what you like and you're fast with and noone will ever blame you for that (as long you're using the cockpit view... )

3j
I used the bonnet view when I was using mouse/keyboard because for some reason I could never get used to the cockpit view. Now that I have a wheel it's cockpit all the way!
I like the front wheel view, like the old Viper racing game, for optimum road visibility when racing.
Cockpit without the wheel and hands best for me
#13 - Vesa
Cockpit, no arms or wheel. The only way.
I use a toned down version of bonnet view. Sorta like 50/50 cockpit and bonnet. Just one thing: make sure you don't see the tyres while driving. It will just hamper your driving - instead of looking at the track and getting a feel for the car, all you'll do is watch your damned tyres spin. Trust me on this.
#15 - tpa
Quote from AndroidXP :make sure you don't see the tyres while driving. It will just hamper your driving - instead of looking at the track and getting a feel for the car, all you'll do is watch your damned tyres spin. Trust me on this.

whatever
I prefer the cockpit view without the driver's arms and steering wheel, after all, why have two (four in the case of the arms) of them. It is much more realistic and gives you a better feel and sensation of what the car is doing (cockpit view). But my framerate suffers to the point that it's undrivable. I use the wheels view, but I don't like doing so. Actually I use a custom wheels view where I moved the camera position over to the drivers side comparing my view of the track to that I get in cockpit view. That way it is like I am still viewing from the driver's seat same as cockpit view, just without the cockpit textures. I would like to try to modify the cockpit textures and see if I used basic colors if that would help out framerates.
Quote from three_jump :First of all: "Welcome to the World of LFS"

2nd thing: Take a last look at your family and friends, you won't see them so often in future

LOL - I suspect that's gonna be true

I didn't realise you could customise the cockpit view, so I might have a play with that.

See ya all around - be gentle with me
Im Forcing myself to stick with the cockpit view, right now im playing with wheels and pedals because im using a controller. when i get a wheel(soon i hope) ill move to no hands no wheel.

EDIT: I just ordered a Logitec DFP From Newegg!
#19 - mr_x
cockpit with no arms, but with the wheel on... the arms distract me too much LOL
Quote from Vesa :Cockpit, no arms or wheel. The only way.

Yep. Until you realise you can't see half the dials on the FO8, so I just leave it on. And it looks a bit weird without arms, so I leave them on (I've a custom suit skin so it looks cool anyway )
Cockpit, no driver, no wheel. The fact that LFS offers this view was one of the main reasons I tried it in the first place. I was tired of "driving simulators" that simulated driving with your face sticking through the middle of the front bumper.
#22 - Gizz
Quote from Cue-Ball :Cockpit, no driver, no wheel. The fact that LFS offers this view was one of the main reasons I tried it in the first place. I was tired of "driving simulators" that simulated driving with your face sticking through the middle of the front bumper.

:ices_rofl true so true
Cockpit, driver, wheel with the fov just about where the drivers side mirror ends, for safteys sake, if i had that thinger that changes your head rotation i'd move up closer though, but im poor :P
Quote from Bob Smith :Yep. Until you realise you can't see half the dials on the FO8, so I just leave it on. And it looks a bit weird without arms, so I leave them on (I've a custom suit skin so it looks cool anyway )

Please upload somewhere this custom suit skin cause i don't like the default one! thanks !
Quote from psy00 :Please upload somewhere this custom suit skin cause i don't like the default one! thanks !

It's a team suit so... tough.

Driving views
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG