The online racing simulator
Post your RC and Diecast vehicles.
(110 posts, started )
Quote from der butz :
I assume you just don't like french cars.

True, more to the point I hate French diesels especially PSA.
Ah. Our family car is just one of those. And contrary to the VW/Audis of some of my friends our 207 diesel is reliable, economical and quick enough for my wife's travelling speed of around 110 miles... I am a bit slower, more like J.M.

Anyway, I really do hate italian cars, Ferrari in particular. So I've gone and bought one.
1/24th again, not driveable yet but painted and waiting for a chassis.

The design shows the total reliability of all italian cars, even the carbon fibre started to rust!

greetz

der butz
Attached images
P1010932.JPG
P1010933.JPG
P1010935.JPG
Nice F40!

Just in case somebody has some old anaglyph glasses laying around ...

Attached images
3d_race.jpg
3d_countach.jpg
3d_aston.jpg
seizure inbound.
My 2 RC Cars.
The right one is a 1:10 Tamyia DT 02 with new Dampers and a better Engine (still chillin at a max of bout 30 kmh)
The left one is a 1:8 Carson Specter II S6 ...which is a Beast.
Right now i only drive it on 2x S2 (S4) Lipo (14.8 V) where i already have trouble keeping under Control with a Top Speed of about 70 kmh (and torque at any speed which causes quickly wheelspin).
Thing is, this supports also S6 (2xS3) with 22.2 V...and then it goes over 100 kmh.
Dont think i can try THAT sometime soon...gotta find a pretty big Place for that... Big grin
Attached images
1_8.jpg
1_10.jpg
I had to do some things to my RC recently. First I replaced the tub, as I slightly broke it. Was entertaining replacing the whole tub, haven't stripped down the thing since I got it back in 05/06, so it was useful to re-grease many things.

Then I decided for smashing around as a rally car, the touring chassis sat too close to the ground, so I modified the front and rear skid trays so the axles would drop lower and spaced out the springs as best I could (ran out of spacers). The increase in ride height is useful, just need to look at maybe some better tyres.

Attached images
11903975_10153472125676007_4457018778854586658_n.jpg
11903990_10153463599261007_4919547949927487915_n.jpg
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :...and then it goes over 100 kmh.
Dont think i can try THAT sometime soon...gotta find a pretty big Place for that... Big grin

I got the same problem with my rc car. Just that it need to be a super flat space too. Frown
It's a Sakura XI Sport chassis with 2S 3 turn engine.

Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :I got the same problem with my rc car. Just that it need to be a super flat space too. Frown
It's a Sakura XI Sport chassis with 2S 3 turn engine.

Just upgraded my Tamiya DT02 from a 21 Turn brushed Engine to a 6 Turn brushless Engine.
Its running at 2S with about 40k RPM which results in speeds up to 65 kmh.
Funny enough, it also supports 3S, but i sure as hell wont try that with this Car since 1. its only rwd and hard to control already now 2. has a plastic Transmission, which will surely shatter into 1000 pieces on 3S 3. Is too small to see it after it has reached 90+ kmh Big grin
Oh and it does wheelstands all the time if im not careful enough when acclerating.
All in all...sweet upgrade!

What does ur Engine do at 3 Turns? 80k RPM?

BTW, does anyone of you Guys have locked their differential totally? (like glued in)
I tried to semi-lock it with high viscosity oil (10k) but its just way from, enough.
But im not sure if i should glue it in or not.
Any experiences welcome. Smile
I have a Serpent nitro car from back in the old cool days before all this electric crap, and I used a glued diff. I liked it alot. Especially on the HPI cars I have. Allowed for some drifting, but also faster cornering IIRC. It did result in some broken prop shafts on the HPI, but that´s because they´re cheap crap and not made for it.

Anyway, it´s been a while since I´ve done anything with RC, maybe I should try and fire up one of my cars again. Gotta love that smell and sound.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :Just upgraded my Tamiya DT02 from a 21 Turn brushed Engine to a 6 Turn brushless Engine.
Its running at 2S with about 40k RPM which results in speeds up to 65 kmh.
Funny enough, it also supports 3S, but i sure as hell wont try that with this Car since 1. its only rwd and hard to control already now 2. has a plastic Transmission, which will surely shatter into 1000 pieces on 3S 3. Is too small to see it after it has reached 90+ kmh Big grin
Oh and it does wheelstands all the time if im not careful enough when acclerating.
All in all...sweet upgrade!

What does ur Engine do at 3 Turns? 80k RPM?

A 6t engine at 3S will result in, idk maybe 600 watts or even more. Cool
Just in case you would ever want to try it, I can recommend those drift gyroscopes to increase stability of rwd cars. I have been using it on my vastly overpowered Tamiya F104 and it helps alot to keep it in a straight line.

According to manufacturer information my 3t engine clocks around 85k rpm @ 7,4V

Post your RC and Diecast vehicles.
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG