The online racing simulator
Quote from Forbin :I'm fairly certain Victor did all the music.

hey men Smile

thx for anser but is he real dj or not ????? how i am to find more of?

chers boddi Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :It's tempting to dive right into a totally new shadow system that gives shadows to all objects in the world. That is something I want to do.

Would that fix the problem that is seen in the attached screenshots aka ugly broken track shadows?
Attached images
lfs_00000008.jpg
lfs_00000009.jpg
lfs_00000010.jpg
Yes, every object will have a shadows, and they will be much more detailed (depending on shadow map resolution).
Great to see progress and even further performance improvements!

As cars will soon have reflections, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make other car mirrors work as well. :P
Quote from Scawen :I want to add dynamic reflections on the cars because it looks nice when the car is near high objects, trees, buildings, under bridges and so on. This depends on drawing an reflected image of the world as seen from each car.

Quote from Scawen :It's tempting to dive right into a totally new shadow system that gives shadows to all objects in the world. That is something I want to do.

Great, now I'm nursing a semi just by reading that and imagining the outcome.
This update is nothing short of amazing for me!
Westhill looks amazing! and my game runs at DOUBLE its old framerate. I don't know what changed but on my not that great laptop i am seeing over 110fps where i used to see 30 or even 20 in some places.
thank you!
Not really 0.6J related, more like an improvement suggestion.
Today I've put three new thing to my list "Most annoying things about LFS". Big grin

1. 40 FPS limit in garage
Yeah, if there is no cars in race while viewing track it absolutely make sense. But if there is no cars in race and you enter garage or lobby it will be limited to 40. This causes noticeable stutter while the car is rotating.

2. Mouse not visible while hovering unactive LFS window
Lets say my LFS is maximized, but I have other window in front which does not cover whole desktop. Mouse is visible as I'm hovering this window, but moving mouse over LFS it dissapears. My suggestion is to call d3d->ShowCursor(1) as LFS loses focus and restore it to previous state after reactivating LFS.

3. Quickly pressing SHIFT+F4
I often quickly press SHIFT+F4 twice (maybe its something wrong with my keyboard), so I end up in same screen mode. It would be nice to have some debounce there. Better solution would be to invalidate further keypresses until screen mode has changed (no black screen).
-
(OrenNu) DELETED by Scawen : post that was edited to sell phones / replies to that post
-
(Flotch) DELETED by Scawen : post that was edited to sell phones / replies to that post
-
(molocco) DELETED by Scawen : post that was edited to sell phones / replies to that post
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Scawen : post that was edited to sell phones / replies to that post
Bad time for purchase game in Russian. Growth prices for some import items about 2 times.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG