The online racing simulator
Alcohol, and you.
(91 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :But you Russians are an exception to the rule.

Have you ever been so drunk.......

Drunken bear is a family's grief
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Wenom :Phew. One full week without a single drip of alcohol. First four days definitely felt like I had dropped from a roof of some building. You guys posted some nice tips. My drinking problem is (hopefully was) mainly caused by my studies. I absolutely hated that bs. Now that I'm graduating later this month I hope I get the hang of things. This is definitely going to the right direction now. I currently don't have any other plan but to stay away from alcohol as long as possible. I don't think it is a good idea to stay sober for lets say 10 or 50 or 100 days because it only gives a reason to drink alot more when that time has passed. "But I was sober for so long so ofcourse I can drink this whole bottle of vodka!" I think you get it.

Hey, I'm glad to see you followed up with progress. Congrats with being sober for a week!

I am wondering though, if you're going to resort to drinking again, as soon as you get stressed again. You won't know until you're there ofcourse, but it's still something to keep in mind.

I agree with your last statement, by the way. I once had a terrible addiction of washing my hands with hot water, which ruined my skin. It just felt like such a relief to feel them burn. Silly, isn't it? Anyways, I managed to refrain from doing so for months, until recently. I felt like washing them hot once wouldn't hurt, and now I'm almost back to where I came from. I tried switching to cold water instead, but it's just not the same. I guess the point that I'm making is that it's easy to fall back into your old habit.
Keep it up Wenom, when you know you're doing things the right way, your brain builds up the confidence to keep it like that, just be positive. Congratulate yourself each day!
If your actually paying attention to life and want to change yours, then this is posted here for you.......
http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/clarkson-drinking-2009-04-20

If you in fact want a good reason not to get blitzed and phuq things (your life) up, read this and then go, OOOooohhhhh !, and then pay attention to the current Top Gear bitchfest Smile
All due to drinking.

Then read the Top Gear thread and go................

And, just to show my support and luv for some of our 'extra special' egos on the forum... "Ban Racer X, everyone hates him"
How's that for caring and sharing Smile

-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Hi alcoholics
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
In our family, there's not very positive view on drinking, because one person tends to get very abusive when drunk and my uncle basically drank himself to death, died last autumn.

That doesn't scare me, though it reminds me to know my limits. I never had any alcohol problem, i can drink, because i know my borders and (mostly Tongue) respect them, but also don't overdo it much, when i do cross these borders.
-
(AtomAnt) DELETED by AtomAnt
-
-
-
-
-
-
Yak know Ray (AtomAnt) DELETED by AtomAnt
Quote from Wenom :I have been trying to "taper" this day because shaking got out of hand. I could not keep coffeemug in my hand without spilling it all over the place. Today I have had twelve 33cl 4,5% beers and tomorrow I'm trying the "cold turkey" method. I don't fear delirium tremens or "cramps". I'm ready to be sober and myself back again. Full month wasted, I have vague memories about last days of june and it is august now. Everyone can think if there is any sense in this kind of drinking..

Good luck!

Quitting cold turkey can be difficult and dangerous, though. You may want to look for professional help, as suggested by WebMD.

I hope it gets better! My friend was in the same boat as you were. His wake-up call came after a drink-driving episode ended in the back of a lorry. I hope you don't end up the same way. Be careful! Smile
I rarely drink and when I do it is only when I am celebrating something that's either associated with me, people who are close to me or if there's some sort of celebration. Even when I do, I keep it to a limit, since I am into sports I can not allow myself to drown myself in all that toxic stuff that ends up killing you not just physically, but mentally as well.

I encourage you to watch the video below and perhaps spend some time alone with yourself to decide what you want to achieve in life. Make a change, drinking from time to time is not okay, end it before it ends you. Alcoholism is a sign of a weak individual, you are better then that.. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmVOuLgFB0
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I usually drink alcohol, specially in beer when i race in LFS. Usually im @ cargame.nl S2 Big grin

But... Alcohol is for wise men, and wise men is who doesn't drink alcohol.

Well, seems this post was the time I was actually pretty lost.

At these days I do drink rarely, but still do. Last time I did enjoy alcohol was new year eve. So almost 4months now.

I do drink absinthe and beer only, not sure when I am going to drink some alcohol next time though.

But I was right about my thought in that time. Alcohol is for Wise men...

...and do not go for drugs, that is for amateurs.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Crashgate3 :I read most of the first page going 'What? This is a huge LFS Forum reunion! Klutch is posting in here?? Gills? Maggot??'

But then I read the date. I am disappoint.

Sorry for the delayed reply, still up for that pint?
Quote from Gills4life :Sorry for the delayed reply, still up for that pint?

Come here, finnish pints are better Tongue
WOT ???
5 Things That You Should Prepare For When Moving To Finland
"Congratulations. You've spent €33 on 24 beers and a bottle of wine. In your first few months here, you may be reluctant to share.

Oh yeah, did I mention that you can't buy alcohol from any shop after 9pm? Be ready for that. If at half past eight you feel like you might possibly fancy a beer later, go to the shop. Just in case, because your only other option will be to go to the pub...

The first pub that I went to in Finland was an Irish bar in Vaasa. You'll soon learn that every Finnish city has its own "Irish" pub. You'll also learn that hardly any Irish people go to them, because they're nothing like real Irish pubs. If you're Irish and you get angry when you see an English person pull a pint of Guinness incorrectly, don't go to Finland, you may kill someone."
http://thefinnishteacher.weebly.com/5-things-that-you-should-prepare-for-when-moving-to-finland.html

So, come to a country that actually understands what a real beer is.

"Strewth! Chuck another shrimp on the barbie - and we will have a Kiwi beer with that.

Aussie beer drinkers are turning their noses up at traditional brews like Carlton, Castlemaine and Tooheys and increasingly downing rival New Zealand brands."

"DB has seen volumes of its Monteith's beers grow by more than 80 per cent in Australia in the past year.

This makes it the largest international craft brand in Australia with over 2.5 million litres sold there in 2015.

"Australians have been traditionally parochial about their beer but as impossible as it sounds, we have managed to force a few cracks into that relationship," Moa chief executive Geoff Ross told the Herald on Sunday. "There is more to beer than bland lager in cans and Australian drinkers are now willing to try new brews."

Actually, we have managed to explain to Aussi's that XXXX spells beer, we own that crap brand, try this real beer instead ! Those guy's think DB Exports are the real deal - ROFL !!!!!!
We sell real beer to Australian's, as well as own most of their breweries..... We can even organise a Kiwi Holiday around proper beer.

"Welcome to Beer Tourist, your map of craft breweries and serious craft beer pubs and bars throughout New Zealand. These maps are designed to be printed and taken with you."
http://www.beertourist.co.nz/index.html

Crap, FFS Sorry but new NZ Health and Safety Rules from 1 April 2016 - Here is your safe drinking information.......
Please wear a Safety vest and Hard Hat when consuming any form of alcohol. Or tea........

Actually, the above is crap, Here is your NZ Drink Driving ad.
"Cus, no one want's to look dumb in front of Monike" Please, still wear a Hard Hat and Safety Vest at all times.
Racer X, you realise that this thread isn't about random stuff you have found on the internet that has some word that links it to alcohol, It is about the experiences people on this forum have had with alcohol. If you want to post here post about the experiences you have had with alcohol.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom : ouch :D
Quote from Wenom :I sent email an sexual interest to a woman(very very older but hot) of three children a week ago. This shame. I'm actually sweating each and everytime i'm thinking this. I can't open my email. This is so embarrasing, Jesus Christ this feeling. **** I hate myself.

WTF did I just read?
I dunno, but at these times I took gently some alcohol to enjoy it a bit. 2 cans of beer and 8 cl of Absinthe.
Quote from Wenom :I sent email an sexual interest to a woman(very very older but hot) of three children a week ago. This shame. I'm actually sweating each and everytime i'm thinking this. I can't open my email. This is so embarrasing, Jesus Christ this feeling. **** I hate myself.

Hahaha. I can't say I've gone as far as you, but I totally understand. Just go ahead, man. Face it! You'll never know what good may happen.

Or she'll totally spread the word. Either way, you're in for a ride

So are you back to drinking as much as you used to?
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom : asdasdf

Alcohol, and you.
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG