The online racing simulator
Alcohol, and you.
(91 posts, started )
Quote from theirishnoob :

Anyone who drinks less then 6 pints + half a bottle of vodka and is practically falling off their chair shouldn't drink, Ever.

The 6 pints would be around 14 units of regular strength which is already classed as a "booze" and 6 times your recommended intake.

And fair point Maggot, I guess there are of course exceptions to the norm but general most people meet at a club while under the influence...here in the UK anyway.

Quote from Klutch :
Along with that, im not a major fan of the environment that alcohol causes, acting tough, starting fights, talking shit...you'll always see some form of violence out on the nightlife strip. Yet the type of environment im around all the time (Party drugs/Psychedelics) you'll never see any type of violence EVER.

I can wholeheartedly agree with the above, its very rare to have a night out in town in clubs etc, without seeing a few fights and drunken confrontations, but in the rave scene, you can have sometimes 2 or 3 times the amount of people in a venue the same size and its very very rare for there to be ANY violence of any description, in fact i think in hardcore is pretty much the only place you will see that pretty much everyone is smiling and happy, i have had total strangers walking about through the crowds stop to shake my hand on more than one occasion, these are people that i have never met before and probably never will again, but its just the whole vibe that comes from the scene, and although i dont take any drugs, i cant help thinking that they play a part in it, as i wouldnt expect to see anyone trying to approach strangers to offer a handshake in a pub or nightclub without them getting a good slap.
#53 - 5haz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :And fair point Maggot, I guess there are of course exceptions to the norm but general most people meet at a club while under the influence...here in the UK anyway.

Because clubs are horrible places when you're sober
Quote from theirishnoob :

but in all seriousness ill drink my 8 pints, a few whiskeys then get a few bottles for the road and thats me walking home with a smile on my face.

Then you'll wake up chewing your pillow......

Either that or your a 30 stone alcoholic or your counting up your weekly intake.
Quote from 5haz :Because clubs are horrible places when you're sober

The various styles of '90s techno were the main reason I took a lot of ecstasy. Bloody horrible racket.
#56 - 5haz
Quote from thisnameistaken :The various styles of '90s techno were the main reason I took a lot of ecstasy. Bloody horrible racket.

Clubbing was kind of fuelled by drugs originally, so I often wonder if its still relevant now that drugs are cracked down upon, or whether most of us still do it just because its become tradition, and whether we really enjoy it without being bombed on something or are we just kidding ourselves?
#57 - CSU1
Can't stand those ***king scumbags who hang around and in the holiday resort club's and bars like vultures looking to take advantage of women. A local got what was coming to him as I was arrested in Saolu and spent the night in the drunk tank for intervening an attempt by a local whom had drugged both a holiday goer and her partner...seems commonplace in most of our beloved holiday destinations, though that's one place you need only visit once, what a ***King kip of a place that.

...I've more drink related mental and physical scars than you could shake a stick at - it's horrible stuff...I suppose my prob is I just can't stop when I start > for example:

I go to the local everyone orders a round...10 minutes pass
Others are 50% through their pints...I order another
I seem to drink 50% faster than anyone else...
Then come the shorts
Then comes the belligerent nonsense waffle
Then comes the chippie'
Then comes the fight

Seems pretty typical for me - I just can't drink

Some people can, others should not.
The culture of going out and getting wasted just two get wasted is quite depressing. People spend vast amounts every weekend doing this, probably as a consequence of having nothing interesting in their life. Work 5 days... watch Eastenders... get wasted... & repeat.

There are far better things money can be spent on.... I could buy a spark plug for the price of a pint and a whole night out of drinking is the price of a set of slicks.
#59 - JJ72
either you are banging some really high end prostitute or those slicks are for shopping trolleys?
That'd didn't read how I intended fixed
#61 - aoun
Me and alcohol go way back. We had a rollercoaster type relationship. We have had many many ups and downs before, but we always got along. Id spent alot of my time with it too <3 We then broke up eventually, but now we currently have a distant situation where we will meet up at a pub or bar, or even at a mates house and catch up, however, its not often, more once a month or two.

Its my sisters 30th and its a big one this saturday, and alcohol is going to be there.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The 6 pints would be around 14 units of regular strength which is already classed as a "booze" and 6 times your recommended intake.

units mean nothing if you can handle it... which i can, and thats only the local... if i hitting the town
If anyone wants a true insight into how alcohol can affect ones judgment, merely research all my posts for the last 6 or so years. I have made and destroyed friendships, people who it took years to repair the damage of one night of poor judgment.

I still drink, mainly because it keeps the sorrow for a wasted life at bay and somehow gives me hope that tomorrow will be a better day.

Some, like Jeff (BBT) I spewed foul statements, which of course I regret, but little forgiveness do I ask, because it was my mistake and I accept it.

Other chaps like Kencan have found it in their heart to forgive me, and now I find myself in a better place where when I drink, I mark the bottle and say...this much and no more.

Have a nice day.

I took my first drink at 21, I do not agree with young people 16,17 getting wasted.

All in all, I will still drink, I just won't post while half in da bag.

Night all.

AAnt
I am surprised I did not see this topic before

Well, but I won't head off topic, I'll try to explain my situation with alcohol.

I like to drink togheter with friends, simple as that. Alcohol for me makes me very happy (and very stupid), but I yet have to get a rage attack or something while beeing drunk, I mostly end up talking shit and having a good time. There are of course situations where I would wanted to do things different, but as AA says I have to accept the consequences my actions brings - you canot just say that alcohol is to blame for the shit you did last night.

I started drinking at age of..hmm 16 I think. I then tried beer, and I of course got hammered. I was at a home alone party and were going to impress the others by drinking much. Little I knew that 12 beers could cause an catastrophe bigger than the WW2... I am not going into details, but it where horrible. Luckily for me I did not lose any friends that night. I appologized to the involved parts, and we settled it the week after by making me paying for most of the alcohol

I yet have to come into a fight while beeing drunk, the most damaging thing about me drunk is the things I say. At most times I think about what I say, but while beeing drunk I say things as they pop into my mind, something which the mayority things little about.

I have also not lost any close friends due to alcohol, but I know about 6 people from my class that have lost their life due to alcohol and driving. Sad thing, but at same time I simply canot forgive them for drinking and driving, as harsh as it might sound, "they had it coming". I swear, if I ever am sitting on with someone, and then find out he/her were drinking before driving, I will smash out all the teeths to that person.
Enough of the rage attack, you get my point, do NOT drink and drive, or I'll make sure you get yourself a new shithole

What I drink? hmm.. strong stuff, like liquor and stuff. Might not be strong for you, but things with 38+% really makes my day, I just have to controll the consumation. When doing it right I am having awesome nights, where I have energy and happines through the whole night, and laughing / running around happy. On the bad nights I just pass out or canot remember a shit... LUCKILY that happens not so often as before, as I have learned to somehow controll the consumation. The military might help aswell, but who knows, I am a ****ing misserable little ****

So, erhm... actually an post which does not include whores or rallypacks or even clubbing baby seels while talking about Scirocco Island and whormhole driving.. I must be losing my mind...
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
similar to get away from smoking...
escape the typical situations where u are used to drink alcohol.
and obviously remind yourself of the health problems connected to it.
i know alcohol is harder to quit than just cigs, but also much faster deadly.
Trains.
I read most of the first page going 'What? This is a huge LFS Forum reunion! Klutch is posting in here?? Gills? Maggot??'

But then I read the date. I am disappoint.
I'm still around(kinda), and still have the same stance on alcohol.
Quote from Wenom :Sorry bump.

Soo... I have been having problems with alcohol lately. Last time it was around 2009. Everything is pretty much okay in my life. I did not drink at all during 2012. So yeah. How did you guys manage with this problem? I just want this to stop. It is no longer good for my health, pancreatitis(?) and so on. My stomach has also been quite "wasted". 2011 my uncle died so managed to stay sober. Pfff this life.

Hey man. I'm glad you're looking for support: that's the first step towards fixing your problems. Reaching out and recognising your addiction is hard to do, and it takes a lot of courage. So you're already on your way to being sober, or back to normal consumption levels. I've been struggling with pyschological problems for years, and I only recently started looking for help, and I feel heaps better already. It took a lot of courage, though.

Deep inside, there might be a reason for you to start drinking. Perhaps you're trying to drown out feelings. How do you like your sober self, compared to influenced self?

Or like smoking can be, is it a habitual addiction? It might just be the habit, a part of your life or routine, and as your tolerance grows, so does your consumption.

I don't know man, I'm not a medic, but I'm just speculating here.
Used to drink a lot (and I mean really a lot, up to the point of painful hangovers, memory loss, drunken fights and very embarrassing situations) from 2012 to 2014, however a bit less than a year ago I have found a much better source of fun and happiness. Not a drop since.
I recently often alcoholic epilepsy attacks, so do not drink for two weeks, it is essential to gradually cease to drink alcohol, you can not just stop drinking immediately! Wink

(google translate)
Quote from PartyBoyU :it is essential to gradually cease to drink alcohol, you can not just stop drinking immediately! Wink

Oh really? I went from almost a bottle of whiskey daily, to completely nothing, in 1 day. So yeah, you can, just needs strong will.
But you Russians are an exception to the rule.
Quote from E.Reiljans :
Quote from PartyBoyU :it is essential to gradually cease to drink alcohol, you can not just stop drinking immediately! Wink

Oh really? I went from almost a bottle of whiskey daily, to completely nothing, in 1 day. So yeah, you can, just needs strong will.

Heh, drink, let's say, two months. With a broken film (hangouts?) several times a day. And then, this morning, you drink a bottle of whiskey for breakfast Smile Because if you do not do it I see it miserably. Strong will has nothing to do here, then tunable in survival mode Smile

btw. in general who invented this topic Wink
Strong will is exactly the only thing that has anything to do here.

ps bose i still love you

Alcohol, and you.
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG