The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Texture size discussion
(184 posts, started )
I am using a 28 inch screen. Max res is 1660x2024. Thats almost HD.
Paul, I totally agree with you. I think the same argument goes for when people say why have better graphics/sound overall when it will affect their fps. You just have the option to turn extra effects, hires skins, surround sound etc off just like as in any other game on the PC. But people still argue against it, I just don't get it....
In regards to monitor size/resolution demands for textures... since upgrading my monitor to a 24inch screen this year I've felt less affected by the lower res textures in LFS than when I was using a 17inch monitor, and I'm actually curious as to why that is. I admit that it's probably just a better quality monitor in general (also better gfx card) but I do notice less pixelation on textures, it doesn't bother me as much for some reason.

(more screen real estate so the eye relaxes more and isn't so focused on details?)
Well a lot of textures got a resolution bump along with the South City update, so maybe that's what's throwing you? A better gfx card could also do a lot to improve the look of the textures. The older GeForces (5, 6, 7) were rather poor at texture filtering for instance.
Heh, well it's just a funny observation, when I was expecting more pixelation due to larger monitor size, I seem to get less. I'll just put it down to better quality system componenets all round I guess. I'm aware which textures were updated in the last patch, and which weren't, so it's not that. It's just... stange.

I'm still in favour of higher res textures, they do make some difference, but the difference doesn't seem to be as impactful as it was on my older monitor/system.
Quote from GT4_PL :

I was always thinking about that and would love to have this changed to 1024(low)/2048(paid), but that would cause too much bandwidth for the lfsworld and i guess it won't happen.

Skins having letters especially in small size or not possible to be clear and understanding when downloaded in 512.
What a great skin that is Wink

I'd like a 2 tier system for LFSW with 4096 being the higher tier. Whether that would happen.... I'm not so sure.

Spinoff : Texture size discussion
(184 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG