The online racing simulator
Rockingham scanned by iRacing - Does this change anything?
Scawen & Eric should hurry up then Big grin
At least LFS doesn't have potato physics.
Why would it change anything? The people who want to re-mortgage their homes can play the potato iRacing version.
iRacing isn't that expensive if you are a pure racer, at least you get content.
iRacing isn't expensive if you're a Arab Oil Baron.
I have to agree a bit with dawes, if you're looking to buy all the content it's a small fortune, the subscription price is more manageable however.

Either way, I can't see this influencing the development of LFS much. I think it's already evident that the actions of other sims haven't done much to motivate the devs in the past.
Not going to affect LFS one bit.

In my opinion iRacing is a very well balanced packet although arguably a little expensive compared to your average simcade. Fortunately or unfortunately it's the only sim that has the best fit for me.

Catching slides is hard (easier with a direct drive wheel) and I guess in this department iR is lacking a bit. Hard to say whether it's the tire model or the insufficient hardware dealing with the realistic tire model.

AC doesn't run high enough FPS in triplescreen, I have to to drop almost everything to low/off to afford AA and AF. In iRacing I'm using 4xAA/16xAF 5760x1200 with locked @83fps (i7-965 extreme and a R9 270x). In comparison AC looks horrid and the sounds are horrid also and I have to admit I don't like the physics/FFB either, I think it felt better in the first few releases...

rFactor is a slidefest on easymode especially with the highly praised Honda NSX.

LFS was my first love, the cars were actually affected by physics in realtime. Replays were excellent and online racing a good match. But it's showing its age. I guess the biggest minus was when they added more code to the cockpit view, started shaking and made it hard to look at the screen with more realistic FOV since your eyes tired. Haven't really been able to dial it out. Again something where iRacing shines. Also the track surface is lifeless, can't really compare to laser scanned tracks.
They don't call it iceRacing for its snow rally stages...
Making millions with it, they don't care how people call it ... And you can't host privately, so no cracker ass-h* ...
Quote from aaltomar :I guess the biggest minus was when they added more code to the cockpit view, started shaking and made it hard to look at the screen with more realistic FOV since your eyes tired. Haven't really been able to dial it out.

Options... view... 1g head tilt
#12 - 5tag
And there's your answer everybody. He's only interested in the off-topic part.
yes, bad man : show us some new screenshots of Rockingham in LFS Big grin
Quote from cargame.nl :Making millions with it, they don't care how people call it ... And you can't host privately, so no cracker ass-h* ...

They'd spend millions on litigating you into the ground if you did make an offline version.
Quote from 5tag :And there's your answer everybody. He's only interested in the off-topic part.

He posted to help a user, what a rotten bastard!
Quote from 5tag :And there's your answer everybody. He's only interested in the off-topic part.

Let me save him the trouble.

"We are still working towards the physics which will come before Rockingham and Scirocco. Scirocco will be free to all S1+ license holders. Then will come S3 + Rockingham."

There you go.
The reason I started this thread, was I feared the license might have been lost due to these developments.
Nah, why should a track give their exclusive rights to one specific game / simulator. In case of Rockingham totally uninteresting anyway.

Quote from Flotch :yes, bad man : show us some new screenshots of Rockingham in LFS Big grin

Like thats adding anything. You haven't been online in ten years. Ten years! I wonder why people are so distorted to stick around on an online forum for ten years doing nothing. A-mah-ziiinng..
There should be the simulator running LFS with Rockingham on the nearby the track, no ?
That was only @special event.. Like VWS was drivable too @special event.
ah ... Only Leo is allowed to test it currently Big grin
Quote from TFalke55 :The reason I started this thread, was I feared the license might have been lost due to these developments.

No, we didn't get an exclusive license or anything like that. It's just a mutually beneficial agreement between us and Rockingham, without a time limit.

Iracing are welcome to produce their version, according to their own agreement. I say it's all good if people can just enjoy Rockingham in whichever simulator they want to.
#23 - Be2K
i prefer LFS :>
#24 - 5tag
Quote from englishlord :He posted to help a user, what a rotten bastard!

I was aware of that, probably should have used an emote... I just meant that it doesn't bother Scawen, he's only interested in helping someone out and won't panic because another sim releasing Rockingham as well.
Licensing is a big issue in video games but only in some places like the US where brand name labels and copyright infringing is just a way of business to make sure they get paid what's due.

I doubt iRacing developing their own version of rockingham would impact LFS development of the same venue because all racing games that have actual locations just pay a licensing fee to use the brand name and rights associated with it. As long as iRacing doesn't have exclusive rights where it says "we own the rights and forbid anyone else to recreate the content", then others still can make it and just have to pay the same brand name licensing fees that iRacing did.

Rockingham scanned by iRacing - Does this change anything?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG