The online racing simulator
G27 center alinement problems
My wheel is barely few months old and this problem started showing up just few days ago. I don't know if I've got something like 30k kms done with it.

So to describe the problem. The center just starts going of to the right gradually and ends up with like this " / " position. Very annoying that I have to go to options and center it every few laps on the straights.
This used to be a known problem with MOMO Black, but there was a tool to fix the center.

Is there such a tool?
Has anyone experienced this problem?
Quote from N I K I :My wheel is barely few months old and this problem started showing up just few days ago. I don't know if I've got something like 30k kms done with it.

So to describe the problem. The center just starts going of to the right gradually and ends up with like this " / " position. Very annoying that I have to go to options and center it every few laps on the straights.
This used to be a known problem with MOMO Black, but there was a tool to fix the center.

Is there such a tool?
Has anyone experienced this problem?

have you made sure that axis is set to "locked"? my g25 did this too
Quote from Franky.S :have you made sure that axis is set to "locked"? my g25 did this too

Yes, and it keeps on happening. :\
Mine did the same thing at about the same age. I think it turned out to be a manufacturing defect and Logitech gave me a whole new unit.
Quote from N I K I :My wheel is barely few months old and this problem...

My advice is to take advantage of your warranty.

I haven't heard of the center floating to the right. It usually goes to the left.

This issue is pretty common, and is usually caused by one of three things:
The optical encoder module screws coming out due to thermal expansion and contraction. Fixed by putting thread locker or glue on the screws and screwing them back in.

The optical encoder becoming less effective. This can be fixed by simply pinching the light sensor and LED closer together.

A crack forming in the pulse wheel (black slotted disc). It's possible to glue it back together, but the task requires extreme precision.

I've seen tutorials for the first two. Just gotta google.
Quote from Franky.S :have you made sure that axis is set to "locked"? my g25 did this too

This was unlock for some time when it used to worry me. For past few days I've had it locked and it's a whole lot better. But with an extremely fast wheel movement due to oversteer correction center usually changes. I don't know if this is really good enough to go with warranty...

Franky, Mountaindewzilla and Andre thanks for your comments.
I had that problem with DFGT few times, but i know a good home-knack to solve this problem.

Hopefully your wheel doesn't get broken of this:

1) Put the wheel and the wires to computer
2) Open LFS
3) Chack that is your wheel in wrong position
4) If it's ---> then take FFB 0%
5) Turn the wheels'c central point to middle
6) Don't touch the wheel any more
7) Remove your wheel's USB from computer
8) Then put it back and give the wheel calibrate
9) Tadaaa!

This works very fine for DFGT, i dunno about G Wheels
2 Possible solutions
I haven't even noticed that my warranty had expired just about when I started this thread. I bought it few months old and used it for few months, bang it's a year old before you know it.

I'm not really comfortable with opening the box just yet and playing around with it, especially when it has more possible solutions. What if I pick the wrong one and completely **** up what's still a good wheel.

To explain the problem once again: Seams like the center moves a bit to the left and that's why I have to keep wheel turned to the right a little bit to make it straight. So it's no where as bad as some of those cases. It's a max 5cm, really.
Well..wow. I finally bought a brass encoder. Changed it too. And of course I read for many it solved the problem.

I still am searching how to return my G27 to perfect precision state.
When making a car save correction, depending on speed of movement it shifts center Again like before.

The plastic encoder was cracked. Now I've got the brass one. Still there's a limitation in quickness of movement that wheel can handle. And it looks like when I'm reaching for that extra 10-20%, I might be demanding too much from some other part inside the hub.

Which part is this now? Is my infra red laser too slow?
Or is it that ffb slider limitation involved?

Did anyone experience anything like this? Has anyone found what other loose part could be involved?
Quote from N I K I :I haven't even noticed that my warranty had expired just about when I started this thread. I bought it few months old and used it for few months, bang it's a year old before you know it.

Just a little note about what you said, the Logitech warranty is 3 years!...European law says that all computer hardware have 3 years warranty, even if they say one year on the papers you get!

Sadly since you've opened it already I am too late...
Quote from Framaris :Just a little note about what you said, the Logitech warranty is 3 years!...European law says that all computer hardware have 3 years warranty, even if they say one year on the papers you get!

Sadly since you've opened it already I am too late...

Are you shure? I have never see that law ever before, and kinda doubt that precisely electronics get more warranty than other things.
Actually you're right, it was too long I didn't check the law...seems to be 2 years now: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ ... ing_goods_services_en.htm
Check also the SALE OF GOODS ACT summary here: http://europa.eu/legislation_s ... f_consumers/l32022_en.htm

But I work with pc's and once you proved that a part is defect before 3 years they do replace or repair them...in GenR we've returned wheels just before the 3 years limit and we've got new ones every times.

Check the specification bit down this page for the 3 years warranty from logitech: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g27-racing-wheel
And even if the warranty actually expired it is worth a try contacting the Logitech support.
My G25 broke after 4 years and the support gave me a 50% voucher for buying a G27.

But since I was able to fix it, my now 7 years old G25 seems to have a similar problem. After ~1 hour of racing the center moves about 45° to either left or right. My stock encoder looks fine. I am also looking for some loose part, but have not found anything yet.
meh. you know where wheel locks out the end of range, it's interesting that moves with the center as well..
Holly mother of all nobel invetions. Gone back to super glue and lubrication. So here it is, special Bosnian recept for G27. Superglued the small circuit board with IC detectors to the case and you'll have the precision of an eagle. Meantime also lubricated the wheels inside the case and FFB lived thru an age of wine, got better then on a new G27.
i had this problem too , i just recalibrated and locked the axis and it fixed .
now i dont have this issue but my g27 does lock to the right or left every time i park the car :S
#18 - afom
it s the game problem, i have brand new g27 and it happens after crash,
so assetto corsa welcome to - there works fine
My G27 started going nuts after the first 3 months of use - the FFB didn't want to work at some point (rattling noise, sounded like the FFB teeth were being dragged along against something else), but after torturing it on purpose by using max FFB it fixed itself! Logitech, eh.. :/
Sounds just like the G25 issue...

Lose screws on encoder bracket or just a faulty Encoder on the left motor end

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG