The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6G18 - New Westhill Circuit
(90 posts, closed, started )
I wonder if the FO8 can do it? (Smallish margin for BF1 though, so maybe not.)
Quote from josemspain :
about 3-4 hours

This is exactly why a better editor for LYTs would be a neat thing to have. I haven't checked the file contents but it ought to be pretty easy, no?
Even just as a nasty hack suited best to things like this tunnel, you could draw the first ring or two, and then extend it (virtually "manually") by looking at the file contents and just duplicating the rings with an offset in the direction of the tunnel axis.
Unless, that is, the devs have outlawed such a thing.
Quote from Scawen :Not outlawed. Encouraged!
https://www.lfs.net/programmer/lyt

OK, cool Smile
Having read the LYT file format now though, I start to realise why it's somewhat non-trivial to make an LYT editor perform the way someone might want...
The interaction between floating and non-floating objects is going to be a pain I guess; e.g. you can't simply translate a set of objects and expect them to maintain their relative positions unless all are floating (or the ground is horizontal).
But at the very least, building structures should be much easier if you write a program to do it rather than do it totally by hand.

Is there a reason btw to keep the LYT file so astonishingly compressed? I would have thought that it's a once-per-track-load kinda thing, so having it much bigger (e.g. hundreds of kB) would be a non-problem, no?
You can dynamically change .lyts inside a server. The smallest size possible makes sense to be able to change that for everyone as fast as possible
Am I the only one having strangely low FPS with AMD card (some very low spec HD7300, but it's good enough windowed) in full screen?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You can dynamically change .lyts inside a server. The smallest size possible makes sense to be able to change that for everyone as fast as possible

It also makes for fun antics like placing haybales and walls in front of unsuspecting drivers. Rofl
Quote from Forbin :
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You can dynamically change .lyts inside a server. The smallest size possible makes sense to be able to change that for everyone as fast as possible

It also makes for fun antics like placing haybales and walls in front of unsuspecting drivers. Rofl

I did that for some AIs. But doing this to real humans is just no no no nope nope nope...
Yeaah!!!
Can't wait to test it brah !!
Quote from RC-Maus :
Quote from Scawen :Dear Hosters,

0.6H Dedicated Host is available:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/87596

It is incompatible so when we release the patch you will need to update.

Lets update fast I think scawen waits with release till enough servers there Smile

Huh? Have I lost the plot entirely? If not, you're confused:
It's incompatible, so if you update now nobody at all will be able to join your server.

Edit: it's moot now, cos 0.6H is out. Damn, I keep checking the TEST patch forum instead of the main forum... D'oh! Smile
Exactly, it was a pre announcement for server owners to get ready. But it's out now Smile
Thank you all for the testing!
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6G18 - New Westhill Circuit
(90 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG