The online racing simulator
Westhill Progress (November)
(946 posts, closed, started )
Victor, what are you planning to allow us to upload on LFS World ? Big grin
Attached images
oh.png
Quote from Flotch :Victor, what are you planning to allow us to upload on LFS World ? Big grin

When the official patch is out, using the official patch version of LFS :P
Quote from dekojester :When the official patch is out, using the official patch version of LFS :P

Did you even check the picture before writing? Razz
LFS Remote will also have to be updated.
One question to Victor: Are you able / allowed to rework the sound engine too ? Do you even plan to do it ?
Forgotten how much fun it was making a setup for a new track.

International is terrific in the FO8. All the combos have a Barber Motorsports Parky feel to me, with a dash of the new loop at The Glen (Chute, Toe, Boot and so on)
Quote from Be2K :One question to Victor: Are you able / allowed to rework the sound engine too ? Do you even plan to do it ?

Scawen is in charge of that Tongue
Interesting...

Cars like (for example: BF1) not allowed on WE3/WE4, but on BL2/FE5/FE6, rally tracks, cars like BF1 is normal?!
Great video of the MRT on that karttrack!
Will we see karts in the future? I hope so Smile
Quote from agtem :Interesting...

Cars like (for example: BF1) not allowed on WE3/WE4, but on BL2/FE5/FE6, rally tracks, cars like BF1 is normal?!

Cars like BF1 and GTR's are simply oversized (too long) for the starting grid of WE3/WE4. That's why they aren't allowed. You could change the grid in an open config anyway, so even BF1 would be possible on these tracks.
Some say Scawen is running on the hype of test patch and releasing S3 with shortest possible notice. Wink
Success experience usually gives extra motivation to keep on working.

Not sure if this topic has any use now...
Meanwhile on non-test-patch servers, 95% demo.

(disclaimer: this post is not implying anything)
Well, I have to say that this community has never been so enthusiastic in my time in LFS.

I would conclude the following when thinking about lfs development: don't care about the new physics and cars so much. People desire new content. Release 2 new environments and 2 cars as S3 content and add more on both when you finish the additional environments. No matter if they are not perfect, they still are better than the old tracks. You can make them perfect later. And when people have gotten bored with the new content, release the tyre physics and everything is upside down - new challenge for everyone.
I would mostly prefer a new track surface as the current 'too smooth to be real' surface is killing any interest to drive more than a lap or two. And as for sounds you can get use to them and derive a lot of detailed info on the engine, but coming from other sims the 'angry bee' sound is a bit off putting.

New content with the current tech does not make me covet the S3 license. The laser scanned tracks are spoiling me and I'm mostly at home in iRacing.
I guess/hope/count on it that development doesnt stop this time after Westhill release... Lets see what the priorities are going to be after this big update.
Quote from cargame.nl :I guess/hope/count on it that development doesnt stop this time after Westhill release... Lets see what the priorities are going to be after this big update.

Scawen already said a couple of times what the next priority will be.
Getting the new tyremodel to a state it can be released as a beta.
Although I think that the community in general won't be of much help when it comes to testing such a complicated area of this game.
A lot of people will scream hell as soon as it feels different then what it currently is and then tells Scawen how totaly unrealistic the new tyremodel is.

*edit* having said that, it could well be that Eric starts working on updating another track while Scawen pulls him self out off the spotlights for quite some time.
Quote from aaltomar :mostly at home in iRacing.

That's because iRacing owns your home. They mortgaged it in exchange for more content.
This thread is closed

Westhill Progress (November)
(946 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG