The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2015
(131 posts, started )
I don't really see why some people have such hardon for these electric shock theories. Alonso's car hit concrete wall at high speed (twice) and it hit it in such an angle that there was no deformation so alonso felt the full impact of those collisions.
If anyone is going to get a shock from these cars it's the ground car if they go around touching metal bits. Inside the car it is highly unlikley unless they've done some really silly wiring. Most of the high voltage stuff will be at the back of the car anyway.
I wonder why it is so hard to see for some, that often the true message or happening is hidden because it could hurt the million dollar interests teams have. Often it looks to me that people who scream: conspiracy, are just having a hard time connecting the dots and see the bigger picture. In general, again not saying that Alonso has had an electric shock per definition.

I am not pretending to know exactly what has happened, but that McLaren is hiding something seems quite obvious to me.

Alonso has said: "I won't drive that McLaren anymore until they have told me what has really happened to me."

Teams are now perhaps boycotting F1 if McLaren-Honda doesnt come open about what has happened with Alonso because they fear the safety of their drivers. (According to Dutch and international autosport media)

Vettel drove behind Alonso, he has said: "It went so slow, barely 150 km/h and besides that, it looked really weird. Alonso wasnt trying to do anything to keep the car out of the wall.

One anonymous teamboss has said he is sure Alonso has had a shock of 600 watt.

Some old F1 drivers and more recent F1 drivers all say that this never could have been caused by wind. Besides, the wind wasn't that strong at all that time.

Even the FIA has launched an official investigation now, although that probably doesnt really going to satisfy with unveiling every detail.

And now Alonso won't even race in Melbourne.

Besides... various people have said that Alonso thought he was 13 years old and driving Go Karts after his crash when he woke up. He was completely confused and didnt know who he was. Although not sure about the reliability of this info. He should have said this to the doctors, according to Spanish media.

Directly after the accident, ambulance personell testified that Alonso was very agressive and in panic after the crash and lost conciousness 2 times.

Now many of those statements and experiences do support the theory of an electric shock as they could have derived from it.

Although I wish a speedy recovery for Fernando, the greatest driver of the field. I somewhere hope this has been caused by the electrical nonsense. Time to get rid of it.. and go back to V12s!
I mean how hypocrytical, driving Hybrides in F1! Moving the whole circus to one place from another causes more so called "polution" than 600 F1 races could ever come close to..

If this all is true, again i'm not saying it is. Then I am afraid if we even will see Alonso back in F1. In my opinion it's only obvious that more has happened than they let us know. Damage to F1, something they can't really use atm... from 3 viewers to 1.
Quote from danielroelofs :Alonso has said: "I won't drive that McLaren anymore until they have told me what has really happened to me."

One anonymous teamboss has said he is sure Alonso has had a shock of 600 watt.

Besides... various people have said that Alonso thought he was 13 years old and driving Go Karts after his crash when he woke up. He was completely confused and didnt know who he was.

Directly after the accident, ambulance personell testified that Alonso was very agressive and in panic after the crash and lost conciousness 2 times.

Source(s) ?

Quote from danielroelofs :Time to get rid of it.. and go back to V12s!

Yes! Big grin
Well, it's too much work to look back for all those sources. Altough i'm pretty sure you can read them on many many autosport news sites. both national and international.

Today, the message about Alonso possibly not returning to F1 at all, also reached the Dutch media.

http://f1today.net/nl/nieuws/199531/twijfels-over-terugkeer-van-alonso-nemen-toe

El Pais says in this statement that Alonso thought he lived in 1995 when he woke up in the hospital. ALso was he thinking for a while that he was still racing for Ferrari. More sources are Mirror Sport and the Daily mail. They confirmed to have received the same news or stories.

Would be an absolute bloody shame if Alonso doesn't return, and even more if all this is much more severe as we have heard so far.

I hope for Alonso and my interest in the grid that he will fully recover and return. But atm I find it hard to accept the official stories from McLaren so far as there is more reason to believe that something more is happened.

For the closed eyed ppl, not saying he has had a shock. But I find it hard to believe the official story.
The Caterham auction is now on HERE

Mostly equipment, and some bits of cars, although everything seems very expensive - e.g. Front nose assembly at £8,000 starting bid (HERE).

Lots 700 and 880 may appeal to people with bit of spare cash though.
Quote from danielroelofs :Well, it's too much work to look back for all those sources. Altough i'm pretty sure you can read them on many many autosport news sites. both national and international.

I can't find any serious source which clearly expose these declarations as facts.
It remains just a source, just as the sources who would represent the opposite side of the story.

Another one... in Dutch media.. so quite irrelevant to post i presume.

Gary Hartstein former F1 doctor states that it would be very unusual for Alonso not taking part in the Melbourne grand prix. He said McLaren should be open of what has happened. He also states that till now; a concussion is still acceptable to believe.
Quote from danielroelofs :Gary Hartstein former F1 doctor states that it would be very unusual for Alonso not taking part in the Melbourne grand prix. He said McLaren should be open of what has happened. He also states that till now; a concussion is still acceptable to believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Crosby

Just look at other sports where concussion causes players sometimes to miss lots of games. Alonso is lucky that his concussion was not career ending.
Sure, I know that. Just when you sum up all the stories even from eye witnesses like Vettel. Inside ppl like teambosses etc, various media saying teams want to boycot F1. Ecclestone who has already felt the necessity to respond on that.

It makes you wonder what has happened.
Worth noting danielroelofs is a frequent poster in Racer X NZ threads.
#63 - CSF
I would personally love Alonso not to return, but quoting f1 today? Big grinBig grinBig grin

I guess the folk with the conspiracy theories have never had a concussion before.
#64 - troy
Kaltenborn is claiming it would be unsafe to put VDG in the car. What about Mehri, Stevens - that car hasn't even turned a wheel. There are past examples of drivers jumping in cars at short notice - Brundle at Spa, Alesi at Paul Ricard (and he finished 4th on his debut if memory serves)

If the courts are continually ruling in VDG's favour then his case must be strong. Sauber seem to created a bit of a problem for themselves and I don't have any sympathy for them. They agreed the contract, VDG is enforcing it. I would imagine he is only realistically looking for a settlement, but asking for a ruling to put him the car brings everything into focus to reduce the amount of time it will take. Sutil is suing for damages - that will take months.
Seems pretty clear Sauber needed Nasr/Ericsson's cash to stay afloat and did what they had to do, illegal or not. Now they're gonna pay the piper. Sucks, because I like the team and I hate to see them resorting to this kind of shit.
I always liked Sauber as well.. and it hasn't really changed to be honest. Everyone is blaming Kaltenborg and possibly she has made errors. Although I am not sure and aware of how urgent the situation was financially for Sauber to stay in F1, as we know the whole financial situation for many teams in F1 is not really bright. Maybe Kaltenborg has taken the chance to risk such situations and hoped they would not have occured, or to postpone it and pay of contracts after some strong races. Bancodobrasil seems already to have offered to pay off contracts. To me it seems Monisha has not counted on a driver fighting so hard just to drive.

On the other hand.. I am not sure if Guido is really giving his future much more life in F1, although he wouldn't as well by accepting a bailout. Maybe when he would drive like crazy.. but in today's F1 where every driver's talent is limitly shown due to the car's technical rules and regulations... i'm not so sure..
LOL what a race guys fakink FERERRI pit crew
13 cars, what a boring race. I like that the cars sound and seem a bit more lively, but still nothing much happened on track.
10 points for Ferraris pit crew. Kimi deserves an ice cream.
The highlight was the podium interview. :S Big grin
This was definitely the biggest shit so far. I'm so glad I just watched the start and went to bed 10 mins afterwards because today's race was a shame. A grid with 15 cars is nothing I would have ever believed to happen, this has some Indy 2005 flair and we can only hope to have Manor Marussia back in Malaysia and 2 or more teams next year to sort this out.

The Mercs are pretty much untouchable, no one will have a chance against them this season. The gap between Merc and Ferrari or Williams has even gone bigger than last year. The Ferrari engine seems to have improved a lot compared to 2014, which explains the strong Saubers today and the great performance of Nasr.
Renault has failed so hard with their engine so far, not that much like Honda, but Red Bull and Toro Rosso have been no where in the race. They will have hard season...

In the end I'm really happy for Sebastian Vettel. I have really not been a big fan of him in the past especially in his Red Bull days but this third place was deserved and I pray for Ferrari to improve the car during the season so that they might win a few races, NOT the championship cause Mercedes is already champion and I assume Hamilton will do it again.

Formula 1 Season 2015
(131 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG