The online racing simulator
Ford Focus 2015 vs Mazda 3 help
(16 posts, started )
#1 - majod
I want to buy one of them and can't decide. I already booked a test drive, watched countless of videos (well that's Mazda only since there's pretty much nothing I can find on the new Focus), read countless of reviews, user reviews, etc...

I'd take Focus with 1.0 92kW Ecoboost, Titanium package + alarm + rear parking assist + fron seat heating + winter tyres + windshield heating + mirror folding + rear parking camera for 16 800€.
What I really don't like and it bothers me a lot is the interior. In this version there's the 4" display in the middle and all those terrible ugly buttons, 0 - 9 buttons (WTFF?????), the display is for me a bit too small for parking camera but getting the larger 8" is larger expensive and I also wouldn't like touch-only screen.

I'd take Mazda 3 hatch in Attraction with G120 engine (88kW 2.0 liter) + navigation + extended 5years warranty, for 19 000€ and I would love absolutely everything about this car, except its price.

Now, as much as I love Focus and the way it drives and I'm also a fan of small turbo engines, I totally hate the interior of this car and I would be really not happy with it. The question is, if it's worth paying extra 2k to get the Mazda 3. That money is getting quite much for me, also the fuel would be about 1 - 2 liters extra over the Ecoboost (which I would not mind).

I was hoping someone can give me some hints, which way to go (I'm actually hoping someone will tell me get the Mazda and forget about Focus Big grin ), but I want you to be honest. For example what are some advantages of getting cheaper, uglier Focus over Mazda that I probably don't know about ? Or what's another thing I maybe don't know also worth the extra 2k€ in Mazda?

Thanks!
Why buy a car you hate the interior of ?

Mazda 3 is awesome, I know of 2 happy owners....
Focus is awesome, I know of 3 happy owners.....

Whichever you like, and want to spend '$' on is the right choice for you. Smile

Or, Ford gives u 2 Grand to spend on a meth habit,
Mazda will save you from a meth habit.........
#3 - majod
Quote from Racer X NZ :Why buy a car you hate the interior of ?

Because Focus has more features for less price. Overall looks like better purchase than Mazda. Saves money, saves fuel, drives perfectly. Has shitty interior - huge minus. Saves money - huge plus.
Quote from Racer X NZ :
Focus is awesome, I know of 3 happy owners.....
Whichever you like, and want to spend '$' on is the right choice for you. Smile

Or, Ford gives u 2 Grand to spend on a meth habit............

Then buy it !, and have some cash left over for 'whatever'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQqGuufyLlg

All a bit vague, but there is a link Smile

Just buy what you want and ignore everyone elses opinion unless it really makes sense to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRONh82EpvE
-
(dfgjkl) DELETED by dfgjkl
I'm owner of a Mazda 3, made late 2011 / 2012.

Good things:
It's cheap (diesel, uses around 0.45 each 10 km)
Reasonable to insure
It's not bad looking, not top either, but you get a good looking car for a good money
Interior is strict, but functional - no crap
Good aircon

Bad things:
It's a little noisy on rough asphalt, but as soon as it's smooth again it's sillent. The noise comes from the tyres mostly
The Bluethooth is set up to only work as a handsfree, dont know of any work around for getting music played over it
The ass... for ****s sake... It's a good looking car everywhere else but the ass is not good looking.

Other than that, I'm pleased with it! Big grin
What model is it, the BRAND NEW 2014 modell? If that's the case I envy you, that actually is damn nice looking car with even a lower fuel ussage compared to mine aswell as more power from the engine
It has to be a new car? For 16k+ I would never in my life buy those shitboxe's
That's my opinion of course, no idea how is the car ownership/tax situation in Slovakia.
Buy this future classic form LT, this thing will only go up in value
http://www.bmwpower.lv/member_gallery.php?gal_id=9035
And for the rest buy some used everyday eco shitbox.
For what you are saying you seem to want a rational and logic purchase, with your brain instead of with your heart. Well, being a passionated petrolhead myself, I can not help you with it, but i can share with you how I see it.

For almost 20k there are hundreds of awesome second cars that I would buy. Think that you are gonna spend a good part of your live in that car, so it better is a nice place to be, and if it makes you smile, then you are doing it right. If economy is not an issue, just go for whatever makes you happier, you only live once.

PS: The advice of someone who drives a turbo 4wd rally car as a daily driver.
#8 - mr_x
I'd buy the Focus. Although I am biased having owned 2 Focus and now a '14 Fiesta.

The 1.0l engine is astonishing. I have it in my Fiesta and it puts a grin on my face whenever I put my foot down. Still returns 35MPG when I'm driving it hard, but when I drive like my grandad it gives me 58MPG. The 1.6l Focus I had gave me 32MPG when I drove like my grandad.

Oh and road tax in the UK is £0 on the 1.0l too! Big grin

Titanium spec is great too. I had an 03 Focus LX with no many toys and went to an '08 Focus Titanium and the extra features made it worth while. Went with Titanium for the Fiesta now too and that has more toys than the Focus did!

So yes, happy Ford owner here and have been for many years. My next car in 2.5 years will be a Focus. Smile
The new Mazda 3 is one of the best buys on the road, at least in the U.S. Focus is very good, too. I don't think you can go wrong, really.
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV.

no need to look further
Oh god, I didn't recieve any email so I thought no one replied... Thanks all for all advices!

Quote from dfgjkl :majod,is it first car you buy? if so then reasonable to buy cheaper with good warranty and service car.If is not first car i strongly suggest follow the dream Smile

Both cars have 5 years warranty, AFAIK here only KIA provides 7 years...

Quote from The Very End :What model is it, the BRAND NEW 2014 modell?

Yup, the brand new Mazda 3 <3 <3 <3

Quote from kars19 :It has to be a new car?

The thing here is that I can actually afford brand new car easier than second hand. To buy an used car I'd have to go through a leasing company. Here they provide terrible rates, compared to when buying a new car. Also warranty+

Quote from NitroNitrous :if it makes you smile, then you are doing it right. If economy is not an issue, just go for whatever makes you happier, you only live once.

Amen. The countless reviews and videos and user experiences I watched/read just proved I was heading the right direction.

Quote from mr_x :I'd buy the Focus............

Thanks for input! I read many user reviews about the engine, the fuel economy is really amazing. And I really like the torque from low RPMs, still am a bit worried about the reliability of that tiny engine. Somewhere I read Ford serviceman saying these engines are estimated to run about 150 000km. That's really not bad but I got feeling that more simple Mazda engine would be more reliable. Also user reviews on truedelta say that Frown

Quote from DeadWolfBones :The new Mazda 3 is one of the best buys on the road, at least in the U.S. Focus is very good, too. I don't think you can go wrong, really.

There are things I dis/like on both cars but overall I too think that I can' go wrong and if I was just given one of those cars, I'd love it.

Quote from danielroelofs :Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV. no need to look further

Sorry but that car is much more expensive than two I prefer, at least in here. (about +5k)

However! I read articles, reviews and watched videos of these cars every single day and I still can't stop. I contacted a local dealer about the Mazda, got offer for free navigation and extended warranty.

Meanwhile for Focus I discovered that they're already developing Sync 3, which should be available in 2016 in their cars.

Now I only have to decide with my wife: Either Mazda now, or wait a year and get Focus with Sync 3. This will be a tough one....and I may end up with buying nothing lol Frown

Thanks everyone for advices, I'm totally convinced to get the Mazda. I'll definitely post my car when I get one.
Mazda should be the better car. Last unmodified figures I have seen about reliability, Japanses overall still on 1.

To add more weirdness into the established thoughts in this world: avoid vag cars.
Why is it that Racer X NZ always has to make his stupid image filled shit spam posts? Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK dude... you're hopeless.

On topic: I'd take the Mazda. Had a 323 V6 that never let me down.
Quote from jibber :Why is it that Racer X NZ always has to make his stupid image filled shit spam posts? Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK dude... you're hopeless.

On topic: I'd take the Mazda. Had a 323 V6 that never let me down.

He must be going to Reddit. The shitposts are strong.
If it is the same Ford quality I am used to, buy the Mazda, I guess you get back the 2k when you sell it.
Optionally check prices for used cars to calculate depreciation.
It's a good looking car, aswell as value for it's money (the Mazda). I'm not even bottered to resize so enjoy it while it melts your browser Smile

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG