The online racing simulator
Eat some clove of garlic for flu
(26 posts, started )
Hello! I just wanted to share my investigation on here:

If you have strong flu, do this:

Find some clove of garlic, remove the thin shell of it and eat it!

The taste should be strong, and to feel like it burns on mouth. Eat whole clove of garlic, do not spit it out, swallow it. Repeat this couple of times.

Snot should come easier from your nose and coughing should be decreased. Feels relieved to live with flu. Coughing releases snot easier from your throat. Sneezing will be more common. Blow your snot out from your nose.

After couple of hours. Repeat the whole thing again.

This should make faster to get rid of from flu. Of course, the smell will be strong, and some of people do not like garlic. But if you do, and nothing else to do for couple of days, suffer a bit for healthy state of affairs and eat garlic!

(Y)

( Yes, I did know garlic is healthy and been used since ancient times, but as I tried for my own flu, I can verify this thing)
Good post, have collection.Thanks for sharing
Great post, just my 2 cents worth.
First, a traditional Scottish fix - WHISKY.
This doesn't actually cure anything but you do feel a lot better !

Next, actual healthy fixes, but WHISKY is great with all of these !

Vitamin D; is an amazingly effective antimicrobial agent, producing 200 to 300 different antimicrobial peptides in your body that kill bacteria, viruses and fungi.

In the United States, the late winter average vitamin D level is only about 15-18 ng/ml, which is considered a very serious deficiency state. It's estimated that over 95 percent of U.S. senior citizens may be deficient, along with 85 percent of the American public.

In 2009, a team of researcher's from Children's Hospital Boston analyzed blood samples taken from 5,000 children under age 12 and found that nearly one out of five children in the U.S. have low blood levels of less than 50 nanomoles per litre, the level recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. They also found that two out of three children have a level below 75 nmol/L--which is still insufficient, based on most of the research coming out today.

The best source for vitamin D is direct sun exposure.

Diet; Raw, grass-fed organic milk, and/or high-quality whey protein
Fermented foods such as kefir, kimchee, miso, pickles, sauerkraut, etc.
Raw, organic eggs from free-ranging chickens
Grass-fed beef
Coconuts and coconut oil
Locally grown fruits and vegetables, appropriate for your nutritional type
Mushrooms, especially Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake, which contain beta glucans (which have immune-enhancing properties)
Garlic, a potent antimicrobial that kills bacteria, viruses AND fungi
Herbs and spices with high ORAC scores: Turmeric, oregano, cinnamon, cloves (for more on ORAC, visit www.oracvalues.com)
Make sure you are drinking plenty of fresh, pure water. Water is essential for the optimal function of every system in your body.

Suplements; Vitamin C: A very potent antioxidant; use a natural form such as acerola, which contains associated micronutrients. (By the way, intravenous vitamin C was recently used by a physician in New Zealand to cure a man with "terminal" swine flu.)
Oregano Oil: The higher the carvacrol concentration, the more effective it is. Carvacrol is the most active antimicrobial agent in oregano oil.
Propolis: A bee resin and one of the most broad-spectrum antimicrobial compounds in the world; propolis is also the richest source of caffeic acid and apigenin, two very important compounds that aid in immune response and even fight cancer.
A tea made from a combination of elderflower, yarrow, boneset, linden, peppermint and ginger; drink it hot and often for combating a cold or flu. It causes you to sweat, which is helpful for eradicating a virus from your system.
Olive leaf extract: Ancient Egyptians and Mediterranean cultures used it for a variety of health-promoting uses and it is widely known as a natural, non-toxic immune system builder.

Another treatment that is surprisingly effective against upper respiratory infections is hydrogen peroxide. Many people have had remarkable results in curing the colds and flu within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) into each ear. You will hear some bubbling, which is completely normal, and possibly slight stinging.

Wait until the bubbling and stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 minutes), then drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear. A bottle of hydrogen peroxide in 3 percent solution is available at any drug store for a couple of dollars. It is simply amazing how many people respond to this simple, inexpensive treatment.

And, if you do get sick, Whisky, in sufficent quantities will kill all those nasty bugs!, and you feel better while recovering.
Interesting recommendation, I'll give that a go next time I am down with a flu. What usually works for me is freshly grated ginger, boil some water make a strong ginger brew in a kettle, I also add some cloves as they too have antibacterial effect and let it stand for 10 mins.

Then when the ginger tea has cooled down enough, I add freshly squeezed lemon and then also add honey. But be careful though, vitamins and honey are sensitive to high temperatures so add to your tea when about 42C otherwise you'll be killing all the good stuff.

This usually does the trick for me. If you like to taste of ginger it taster rather good too.

Mad
+1

I have heard about that, even tried it, and sure, I can verify that too, but I do not like Whiskey at all... Only strong booze what I use is Absinthe. ( In some drinks Jagermeister lol )

I have to add:

If your coughing have started suddenly to increase, try to remove the snot'n blot from your throat to spit it out. Look the colour. If it is dark red and brown mixed color, it is ready to take it off. Eat little garlic, not much needed ( sure you can eat as much as you want though lol ). Breathing is easier and relaviting and you soon start to think in mind that this flu is VTEC just kicked in 'yo!

EDIT: You do not need to eat btw your garlic storage empty. Just 2-4 will do just fine

EDIT THE EDIT: I also think that the original cause of flu varies and makes the difference. There are so many viruses, so one thing can work to other and so on. Though this is only a theory.
there is no need to eat raw garlic. Just get the garlic essence from a health food shop and remain sociable. Just think, people will be able to breath in your presence. Or, just eat a little onion in your food, same family and the same effect.
Quote from mike1158 :there is no need to eat raw garlic. Just get the garlic essence from a health food shop and remain sociable. Just think, people will be able to breath in your presence. Or, just eat a little onion in your food, same family and the same effect.

Basically same as doing nothing.

You did not read the topic at all

EDIT: Of you did read, but not enough
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :+1

I have heard about that, even tried it, and sure, I can verify that too, but I do not like Whiskey at all... Only strong booze what I use is Absinthe. ( In some drinks Jagermeister lol )

Absinthe (Listeni/ˈæbsɪnθ/ or /ˈæbsænθ/; French: [apsɛ̃t]) is historically described as a distilled, highly alcoholic (45–74% ABV / 90–148 U.S. proof) beverage.[1][2][3][4] It is an anise-flavoured spirit derived from botanicals, including the flowers and leaves of Artemisia absinthium ("grand wormwood"), together with green anise, sweet fennel, and other medicinal and culinary herbs.[5] Absinthe traditionally has a natural green colour but may also be colourless. It is commonly referred to in historical literature as "la fée verte" (the green fairy). Although it is sometimes mistakenly referred to as a liqueur, absinthe is not traditionally bottled with added sugar; it is therefore classified as a spirit.[6] Absinthe is traditionally bottled at a high level of alcohol by volume, but it is normally diluted with water prior to being consumed.

And you don't drink good whisky ????. Yes, Absinthe is probably better. Whilst my heritage suggests a good Irish, Absinthe would have better qualities for getting over the flu........ Smile

But, ignore the rocket fuel US bourbons (JB et al). Try a proper Irish Whisky !
Bourbon + honey w/ herbal tea is a time-honored cure* in my family.

*knocks you out so your body can do its work.
Or just get some nasal spray for about £2 which works miles better than eating garlic and has the added advantage that it doesn't involve eating garlic.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Or just get some nasal spray for about £2 which works miles better than eating garlic and has the added advantage that it doesn't involve eating garlic.

Yeah, like it really works?

Have to test it next time I get flu again

EDIT

Next one quoted from wikipedia:

"Nasal sprays can come in a variety of forms such as medicated (Afrin) and natural (SinuSoothe). They are used as local treatments for conditions such as nasal congestion and allergic rhinitis. In some situations, nasal delivery route is preferred because it provides an agreeable alternative to injection or pills. Substances can be assimilated extremely quickly and directly through the nose. Many pharmaceutical drugs exist as nasal sprays for systemic administration (e.g. treatments for pain, migraine, osteoporosis and nausea). Other applications include hormone replacement therapy, treatment of Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease. Nasal sprays are seen as a more efficient way of transporting drugs with potential use in crossing the blood brain barrier."

Sounds like have to take some drugs lol
Yeah, it's like a little tiny squirt gun you stick up your nose. The spray has something clever in it which both dissolves all the snot and relaxes all the swelling inside and lets you breathe again. It only takes about a minute to work.
Yeah they do work. When I was going thru my military service, they had a habit over there of giving nasal sprays to the guys with flu. I was amazed how much easier they made living while having a flu.

Nowadays whenever I have a flu I always curse myself for being too lazy to go out and buy some nasal spray.
If you need to work, Coldrex flu or equivilent will keep you at work. It's not fun but it keeps you going. It may just be Hobbitville, but I've yet to see a nasel spray that works as well.

The important thing to remember is that, being male (Generally, see Rule 37) we always get sick far worse than anyone not on the Internet, so take the time off to recover if possible. Smile
A: Whats happened to the edit link ?
Edit: Don't worry, Victors fixed it Smile

B: Lets try Rule 16 Smile
You don't have to suffer that much! My grandma always eats it with a small piece of bread. I guess it is kinda dangerous to eat it without anything.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :+1

I have to add:

If your coughing have started suddenly to increase, try to remove the snot'n blot from your throat to spit it out. Look the colour. If it is dark red and brown mixed color, it is ready to take it off. Eat little garlic, not much needed ( sure you can eat as much as you want though lol ). Breathing is easier and relaviting and you soon start to think in mind that this flu is VTEC just kicked in 'yo!

EDIT: You do not need to eat btw your garlic storage empty. Just 2-4 will do just fine

EDIT THE EDIT: I also think that the original cause of flu varies and makes the difference. There are so many viruses, so one thing can work to other and so on. Though this is only a theory.

Absinthe? Yuck! That's like the Bath Salts of Booze. But drink enough and you could care less if you have the flu.
What I like to do with the flu is spread it to people I don't like. Now THAT makes me feel better.
#18 - CSU1
...I just accidentally 3 whole bulbs Frown

GOOGLE SAYS I DO IT WRONG Frown Frown
I can smell you from here.
I just can't resist this Smile

Ayurvedic medicine, the oldest form of medicine, does not recommend garlic at all. And they had very good reasons for this since it is known to be one of the most toxic herbs or plants, not fit for human consumption. This is because of its known destructive effects. Garlic works on bacteria-killing germs; therefore, it is an anti-bacterial food that can completely eradicate bacteria. Not many people think that that is a good thing. We want something that kills off germs, but it can have negative side effects that may be even worse than having a bacterial infection.

I personally do not recommend garlic for a number of reasons. There are some studies that show that garlic can actually cause damage to brain cells.
http://www.ener-chi.com/eating-garlic-is-very-toxic-for-the-body/
#21 - RedJ
Used to do it when I had flu , works pretty well !
Quote from Racer X NZ :I just can't resist this Smile

Ayurvedic medicine, the oldest form of medicine, does not recommend garlic at all. ....

I personally do not recommend garlic for a number of reasons. There are some studies that show that garlic can actually cause damage to brain cells.
http://www.ener-chi.com/eating-garlic-is-very-toxic-for-the-body/

That's probably not one of your reasons......

Sorry. I just couldn't resist that.
I've also heard that garlic isn't good for you. But I'm thinking you'd have to eat it by the bushel.
We have mosquitoes here pretty bad. A lot of people eat garlic claiming that it's a natural bug repellent.
I don't know about all that, but it does make for a pretty good people repellent.
A clove a day keeps the neighbors away.

.....There are some studies that show that garlic can actually cause damage to brain cells.
LOL Not if you can do it yourself faster!
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/garlic

Garlic may interact with a number of medications, including the ones listed below. To be safe, if you take an prescription medicines, ask your doctor before taking garlic supplements.

Birth control pills -- Garlic may make birth control pills less effective.
Cyclosporine -- Garlic may interact with cyclosporine, a medication taken after organ transplant, and make it less effective.

Blood-thinning medications -- Garlic may make the actions of these medications stronger, increasing the risk of bleeding. Blood-thinners include warfarin (Coumadin), clopidogrel (Plavix), and aspirin.

Medications for HIV/AIDS -- Garlic may lower blood levels of protease inhibitors, medications used to treat people with HIV. Protease inhibitors include:
Amprenavir (Agenerase)
Fosamprenavir (Lexiva)
Indinavir (Crixivan)
Nelfinavir (Viracept)
Ritonavir (Norvir)
Saquinavir (Fortovase)

Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) -- Both NSAIDs and garlic may increase the risk of bleeding. NSAIDs include ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve) as well as prescription medications.

Supporting Research
Ackermann RT, Mulrow CD, Ramirez G, Gardner CD, Morbidoni L, Lawrence VA. Garlic shows promise for improving some cardiovascular risk factors. Arch Intern Med. 2001;161:813-824.
Alder R, Lookinland S, Berry JA, et al. A systematic review of the effectiveness of garlic as an anti-hyperlipidemic agent. J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2003;15(3):120-129.
Ang-Lee MK, Moss J, Yuan C-S. Herbal medicines and perioperative care [review]. JAMA. 2001;286(2):208-216.
Ashraf R, Aamir K, Shaikh AR, Ahmed T. Effects of garlic on dyslipidemia in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad. 2005;17(3):60-4.
Berthold HK, Sudhop T. Galic preparation for prevention of atherosclerosis. Curr Opin Lipidol. 1998;9(6):565-569.
Berthold HK, Sudhop T, von Bergmann K. Effect of a garlic oil preparation on serum lipoproteins and cholesterol metabolism. JAMA. 1998;279.
Borrelli F, Capasso R, Izzo AA. Garlic (Allium sativum L.): adverse effects and drug interactions in humans. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007;51(11):1386-97.
Caron MF, White CM. Evaluation of the antihyperlipidemic properties of dietary supplements. Pharmacotherapy. 2001;21(4):481-487.
Dillon SA, Burmi RS, Lowe GM, et al. Antioxidant properties of aged garlic extract: an in vitro study incorporating human low density lipoprotein. Life Sci. 2003;72(14):1583-1594.
Dorant E, van den Brandt PA, Goldbohm RA. A prospective cohort study on the relationship between onion and leek consumption, garlic supplement use and the risk of colorectal carcinoma in The Netherlands. Carcinogenesis. 1996;17(3):477-484.
Dorant E, van den Brandt PA, Goldbohm RA, Hermus RJ, Sturmans F. Garlic and its significance for the prevention of caner in humans: a critical view. Br J Cancer. 1993;67(3):424-429.
Durak I, Yilmaz E, Devrim E, et al. Consumption of aqueous garlic extract leads to significant improvement in patients with benign prostate hyperplasia and prostate cancer. Nutr Res. 2003;23:199-204.
Fleischauer AT, Arab L. Garlic and cancer: a critical review of the epidemiologic literature. J Nutr. 2001;131:1032S-1040S.
Fleischauer AT, Poole C, Arab L. Garlic consumption and cancer prevention: meta-analyses of colorectal and stomach cancers. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000;72:1047-1052.
Fugh-Berman A. Herb-drug interactions [review]. Lancet. 2000;355:134-138.
Fugh-Berman A. Herbs and dietary supplements in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Prev Cardiol. 2000;3:24-32.
Garlic supplements can impede HIV medication. J Am Coll Surg. 2002;194(2):251.
Gallicano K, Foster B, Choudhri S. Effect of short-term administration of garlic supplements on single-dose ritonavir pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2003;55(2):199-202.
Gullett NP, Ruhul Amin AR, Bayraktar S, Pezzuto JM, Shin DM, Khuri FR, Aggarwal BB, Surh YJ, Kucuk O. Cancer prevention with natural compounds. Semin Oncol. 2010 Jun;37(3):258-81. Review.
Hassan ZM, Yaraee R, Zare N, et al. Immunomodulatory affect of R10 fraction of garlic extract on natural killer activity. Int Immunopharmacol. 2003;3(10-11):1483-1489.
Heck AM, DeWitt BA, Lukes AL. Potential interactions between alternative therapies and warfarin. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2000;57(13):1221-1227.
Heron S, Yarnell E. Treating parasitic infections with botanical medicines. Altern Complement Ther. 1999;8:214-224.
Isaacsohn JL, Moser M, Stein EA, et al. Garlic powder and plasma lipids and lipoproteins: a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arch Intern Med. 1998;158(11):1189-1194.
Izzo AA, Ernst E. Interactions between herbal medicines and prescribed drugs: a systematic review. Drugs. 2001;61(15):2163-2175.
James JS. Garlic reduces squinavir blood levels 50%; may affect other drugs. AIDS Treat News. 2001;375:2-3.
Josling P. Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double blind, placebo-controlled survey. Adv Ther. 2001;18(4):189-193.
Kannar D, Wattanapenpaiboon N, Savige GS, Wahlqvist ML. Hypocholesterolemic effect of an enteric coated garlic supplement. J Am Coll Nutr. 2001;20(3):225-231.
Kendler BS. Recent nutritional approaches to the prevention and therapy of cardiovascular disease. Prog Cardiovasc Nurs. 1997;12(3):3-23.
Koscielny J, Klubendorf D, Latza R, Schmitt R, Radtke H, Siegel G, Kiesewetter H. The antiatherosclerotic effect of Allium sativum. Atherosclerosis. 1999;144:237-249.
Levi F, Pasche C, La Vecchia C, Lucchini F, Franceschi S. Food groups and colorectal cancer risk. Br J Cancer. 1999;79(7-8):1283-1287.
Loy MH, Rivlin RS. Garlic and cardiovascular disease. Nutr Clin Care. 2000;3(3):146-151.
Mantle D, Lennard TW, Pickering AT. Therapeutic applications of medicinal plants in the treatment of breast cancer: a review of their pharmacology, efficacy and tolerability. Adverse Drug React Toxicol Rev. 2000;19(3):223-240.
Markowitz JS, Devane CL, Chavin KD, et al. Effects of garlic (Allium sativum L.) supplementation on cytochrome P450 2D6 and 3A4 activity in healthy volunteers. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2003;74(2):170-177.
Mashour NH, Lin GI, Frishman WH. Herbal medicine for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. Arch Intern Med. 1998;158:2225–2234.
Miller LG. Herbal medicinals: selected clinical considerations focusing on known or potential drug-herb interactions [review]. Arch Intern Med. 1998;158:2200-2211.
Milner JA. A historical perspective on garlic and cancer. J Nutr. 2001;131(3s):1027S-1031S.
Munday JS, James KA, Fray LM, Kirkwood SW, Thompson KG. Daily supplementation with aged garlic extract, but not raw garlic, protects low density lipoprotein against in vitro oxidation. Atherosclerosis. 1999;143(2):399-404.
Ngo SN, Williams DB, Cobiac L, Head RJ. Does garlic reduce the risk of colorectal cancer? A systematic review. J Nutr. 2007;137(10):2264-9.
Nies LK, Cymbala AA, Kasten SL, et al. Complementary and alternative therapies for the management of dyslipidemia. Ann Pharmacother. 2006;40(11):1984-92.
O'Gara EA, Maslin DJ, Nevill AM, Hill DJ. The effect of simulated gastric environments on the anti-Helibacter activity of garlic oil. J Appl Microbiol. 2008; 104(5):1324-31.
Pinto JT, Rivlin RS. Antiproliferative effects of allium derivatives from garlic. J Nutr. 2001;131(3S):1058S-1060S.
Rahman K. Effects of garlic on platelet biochemistry and physiology. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007;51(11):1335-44.
Rahman K. Historical perspective on garlic and cardiovascular disease. J Nutr. 2001;131(3s):977S-979S.
Ried K, Frank OR, Stocks NP. Aged garlic extract lowers blood pressure in patients with treated but uncontrolled hypertension: a randomised controlled trial. Maturitas. 2010 Oct;67(2):144-50.
Sarrell EM, Mandelberg A, Cohen HA. Efficacy of naturopathic extracts in the management of ear pain associated with acute otitis media. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001;155:796-799.
Salih BA, Abasiyanik FM. Does regular garlic intake affect the prevalence of Helicobacter pylori in asymptomatic subjects? Saudi Med J. 2003;24(8):842-845.
Scharbert G, Kalb ML, Duris M, Marschalek C, Kozek-Langenecker SA. Garlic at dietary doses does not impair platelet function. Anesth Analg. 2007;105(5):1214-8.
Siegers CP, Steffen B, Robke A, Pentz R. The effects of garlic preparations against human tumor cell proliferation. Phytomedicine. 1999;6(1):7-11.
Silagy CA, Neil AW. A meta-analysis of the effect of garlic on blood pressure. J Hypertens. 1994;12:463-468.
Sobenin IA, Pryanishnikov VV, Kunnova LM, Rabinovich YA, Martirosyan DM, Orekhov AN. The effects of time-released garlic powder tablets on multifunctional cardiovascular risk in patients with coronary artery disease. Lipids Health Dis. 2010 Oct 19;9:119.
Spigelski D, Jones PJ. Efficacy of garlic supplementation in lowering serum cholesterol levels. Nutr Rev. 2001;59(7):236-241.
Steiner M, Khan AH, Holbert D, Lin RI. A double-blind crossover study in moderately hypercholesterolemic men that compared the effect of aged garlic extract and placebo administration on blood lipids. Am J Clin Nutr. 1996;64:866–870.
Steinmetz KA, Kushi LH, Bostick RM, Folsom AR, Potter JD. Vegetables, fruit, and colon cancer in the Iowa Women's Health Study. Am J Epidemiol. 1994;139(1):1-15.
Stevinson C, Pittler MH, Ernst E. Garlic for treating hypercholesterolemia. Ann Intern Med. 2000;133(6):420-429.
Superko HR, Krauss RM. Garlic powder, effect on plasma lipids, postprandial lipemia, low-density lipoprotein particle size, high-density lipoprotein subclass distribution and lipoprotein(a). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;35(2):321-326.
Wang HX, NG TB. Natural products with hypoglycemic, hypotensive, hypocholesterolemic, antiatherosclerotic and antithrombotic activities. Life Sci. 1999;65(25):2663-2677.
Witte JS, Longnecker MP, Bird CL, Lee ER, Frankl HD, Haile RW. Relation of vegetable, fruit, and grain consumption to colorectal adenomatous polyps. Am J Epidemiol. 1996;144(11):1015-1025.
Yeh YY, Liu L. Cholesterol-lowering effect of garlic extracts and organosulfur compounds: human and animal studies. J Nutr. 2001;131(3s):989S-993S.
Methamphetamine fixes everything. The precursor is Psuedoephedrine(The stuff in cold n flu tablets)

Meth with clear that cold and sinuses right up fellas! Get onto that pipe.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG