The online racing simulator
Scirocco?
(20 posts, started )
Scirroco?
Hi! I was wondering can somebody tell me and help me with scirocco. Im confused because lfs drivers wait this car for 6 years, and that somebody can explain me what is going on, when is it coming and when shall we excpect it. Some informations would be good. Thanks!
I really couldn't care less about a front wheel drive Volkswagen. Bring on the new Westhill!
Whatever you do, don't mention the Scirocco. I did once, think I got away with it......

The dev's are clearly waiting for it to become a classic, then it will be released. I'm still waiting for for the 4 1/2 Litre Bentley so some boring Vdub will just have to wait it's turn.
2150 at the latest estimate........
But historic cars would be a really nice addition... S4 maybe?
Quote from Bigbob1993 :But historic cars would be a really nice addition... S4 maybe?

s4 would not be. Total 3 stage.
Quote from [Audi TT] :
Quote from Bigbob1993 :But historic cars would be a really nice addition... S4 maybe?

s4 would not be. Total 3 stage.

Not necessarily. See this Scawen's post from 2009:
Quote from Scawen :Hi there, I'd just like to reply to some questions I've seen asked several times :

(...)

2) Licenses and versions

Some people made various comments on this. It's right what some people said - we are moving gradually away from the software versions being named S1, S2, S3 and so on. The S numbers are license names and really refer to the content you can access (cars, tracks, certain functions). It makes a bit less sense now to call the version of LFS "S1" or "S2" . The software is continually developing. Anyway this frees us from having to "finish" S2 before releasing S3 content. It's not clear what "finishing S2" means any more. The LFS software and content can just keep improving and we can gradually do the features and improvements that we want to over time.

One thing we discussed was the possibility of just calling the software "Live for Speed 0.6A" and forget about the Alpha / Beta tag. It's very stable software so doesn't really need those tags. There are several things that can be improved and added but that is beside the point. I hope that explains a bit more what we are thinking. The version number being less than 1.0 does express that it still has a way to go.

I am just wondering. If the devs see that LFS fans are getting impatient of waiting for S3, why wont release that VW Scirocco Demo from 2008's Event VW Held
#11 - War
To be honest, the train for Scirocco has long gone. Releasing it now would be a bit dissapointing and worthless. So I figure they're preparing the tire model and new content and maybe even licenses for real life products to release in a bigger ''package''.

But yeah, studying business and advertisement, I have to say the announcement for Scirocco and Rockingham was a complete failure. One does not simply just hype a new thing up and leave it unreleased for 6 years and counting...
I just think that the release of new contents it's a lack of respect to the lfs fans and buyers.
Westhill 2.0 is in development and it's a milestone for all the other tracks. If you care to read, Eric is maybe willing to take a look at the other tracks when Westhill 2.0 is finished. As far as I understand development for Westhill and especially the optimizations take time, track editor functions and who knows what, once those lessons are learned it probably is much faster to apply this to other track environments.

Scirrocco is out of the picture until Scawen decides that the new tire physics are better then the current one. It already is stated that it's a lot better but if its used in the wrong way you can cheat with it.

You are not "a fan" if you don't know all this therefore there is not much right to complain. I don't understand why this needs to be repeated again and again. Do people not read?
ya, ppl read. i have been reading for the last 6 years. It's a lot of reading.

I (and i believe the most lfs players) don't care so much about the tire physics or whesthill improvement. i just want more content. more tracks and more cars. or something different.

Imagine if we had real tracks on lfs...? it would be the best game ever. lol who cares about tires... they are working for more than 10 years.

We, the lfs enthusiasts deserved more. we play the game and talk about the game for a lot of friends...

So... i think that 6 years without nothing new it's just a lack of respect for us.
Deserved more, because? If I walk into the Mc Donalds twice, order junk food with a total amount of 24 pounds... The third time I walk into the Mc Donalds and ask for the manager.. then I say him/her, listen, I've been here twice now. I ordered food for 24 pounds.. I deserve more! And you need to change the menu as well. I want different milkshake, different sauce and different burgers.

You know what that manager answers? Probably something nice because of protocol. But I would say get the f. out.

You understand? I don't get where this claim is coming from that somebody paid once 24 pounds for a product which lastest .. Let me see.. 160.000 km. How many hours of quality time is that?

When you go to the movies and pay the same amount of money it's over in 90 minutes, if you are lucky.
Quote from cargame.nl :Deserved more, because? If I walk into the Mc Donalds twice, order junk food with a total amount of 24 pounds... The third time I walk into the Mc Donalds and ask for the manager.. then I say him/her, listen, I've been here twice now. I ordered food for 24 pounds.. I deserve more! And you need to change the menu as well. I want different milkshake, different sauce and different burgers.

You know what that manager answers? Probably something nice because of protocol. But I would say get the f. out.

You understand? I don't get where this claim is coming from that somebody paid once 24 pounds for a product which lastest .. Let me see.. 160.000 km. How many hours of quality time is that?

When you go to the movies and pay the same amount of money it's over in 90 minutes, if you are lucky.

+1
Also imagine the price of LFS compared to the hardware. I spent more than 20 S2 licenses on a pair of wheels. While I tried other sim. Some people bought a rift to play lfs or only play lfs with it.I only play LFS. For the same price on another Sim I had a lot of content for only three months. I also drove only two cars and some tracks. Did not like the tyre model and had boring experience overall. To be honest the only thrill was like going to gamble, you know you will loose your money bit you try to do it with class.
Cheaper than LFS is really hard (yeah I know you could go racing gpl for nothing). Damn 24£ in ten years and you deserve more? I would charge that for the demo and bump the Sx price to get more elitist and save cash for licensed content.
I have never seen such a connection beetween McDonalds and LFS

To be serious too, I am the first to wait for new contents, but to be honest, I can understand the goal of LFS team : giving us something as good as possible, and obviously when talking about real cars/tracks => they want to do something accurate about the feeling. I had lots of fun this weekend playing with the carreer mode of AC, and driving/discovering those Lotus cars simulated in the game was just excellent (light cars very performant, coming too fast or accelerating too early into corners result in a 'nice' understeering behaviour, etc ... handling seems as you can read about people using them hardly on track). I have to admit it looks like brilliant. I wait for the same about LFS : some good markers giving you the feeling of having the real car in your hands or driving on the real thing (rockingham) !
Currently in LFS if you want to be fast, your tires are dead too quickly, cars do handle not so well in some ways : viscous lsd is not so performant so I did not do intensive testing, open diff and clutch pack make you go mad under braking, locked diff that should not be performant is most probably the one that gives the best feeling, the intensive use of handbrake is a bit insane ... all of these maybe linked to tires ... (not to mention the FWD winning combo (stiff front ARB, soft rear ARB, locked diff) in aim to be outrageously quicker). I can only understand the LFS team to want to fix their tire model in aim to have people enjoying the game while not seeing them cheating by exploiting physics flaw ^^
Quote from cargame.nl :Deserved more, because? If I walk into the Mc Donalds twice, order junk food with a total amount of 24 pounds... The third time I walk into the Mc Donalds and ask for the manager.. then I say him/her, listen, I've been here twice now. I ordered food for 24 pounds.. I deserve more! And you need to change the menu as well. I want different milkshake, different sauce and different burgers.

That comparison is wrong because:

- i didn't say that i would not pay for the new content. i could pay 100€ or more for this game. i did not ask anything for free.
- i never said this game was expensive, i think it was too cheap. (especially when compared with iracing. lolol) that sucks btw.

I don't see why iyou said that... i was not complaining on the game or the cost of the game.

The mcdonalds example should be:

Imagine if you have a nice restaurant, and lots of ppl go there and tell to her friends to go there too, and the owner say that next week he will make a real nice new dinner... and he never makes that. The restaurant gets old and despite lots of ppl are willing to pay for the new food the restaurant never makes it.

And btw, mcdonals are always introducing new stuff. new flavors new toys for the kids etc... so the ppl don't get bored.

don't you think that the lfs community deserved some new content after so many years?

that's my opinion.

release s3 with real tracks, (with track scanning?) "real" weather" and new cars and i pay 200€ for it. lol
Then get AC as your go to racing sim as well.

New content for LFS is 'coming', it will just take a 'while' to be released, There's a 'new' track, Rockingham. This has been finished for a 'while' but it should be released to users 'soon'.

Westhill has been reworked and that will be released 'soon'.

There are some graphics packs, Lynce's 'The Revolution Pack June 24th, 2010' is the best. Look through Misc addons to find them.

If your rich enough to run Occ Rift, there have been a number of updates, for those of us who run monitors, like you, we're still waiting.

TL: DR, LFS will be updated whenever. Time is an illusion, Lunchtime doubly so.

All things come to he(she) who waits.

Darkness comes. In the middle of it, the future looks blank. The temptation to quit is huge. Don't. You are in good company... You will argue with yourself that there is no way forward. But with God, nothing is impossible. He has more ropes and ladders and tunnels out of pits than you can conceive. Wait. Pray without ceasing. Hope.
John Piper

EDIT: For God, read Scrawen.......

Aussi's/Kiwi's/Welsh will get the joke.
Quote from Ze Ferreira :
release s3 with real tracks, (with track scanning?) "real" weather" and new cars and i pay 200€ for it. lol

I can be short...

It's not going to happen. Development is going -way too slow- ... But to talk about 'deserve' and what other nonsense reasons... No. Even if Westhill 2.0 gets released it's not going to be a breakthrough for LFS. Yes, real life cars and tracks would make the difference but lets be realistic about it, it didn't happened in the last 5 years, it's not going to happen in the upcoming 5 years either. (We are talking about 2020 then, lol).

So everyone can keep moaning on about some Scirocco but the only thing you are doing is making a fool of yourself. LFS is what it is, good car physics, good netcode and good UI. You pay 24 pounds for it, thats fine.. Don't expect more.

Scirocco?
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG