The online racing simulator
Quote from oscarhardwick :Then slow down whilst rubbing your brain cells together more efficiently?

not my fault someone behind is retarded
Well for you, and everyone else who got confused by the colour then.

XVII. 2 d)

Blue Flag: Used to warn a driver that a faster car is approaching from behind. If the blue flag message includes “waved” or animation is a fast wave, the signal shall be taken to be a more urgent or required yielding message.

So seeing as there are not animations in LFS the waved element would be when the Blue Flag message appears on screen. 'Required yielding message' means you must yield when you see that message. Truth is if you are pulling away you won't get that message for more than say 3 corners which is a fair amount of time to move over should you not be pulling away.

Frankly even if you are quicker as a back-marker fair enough if a slower bloke on the lead lap races you. He is on the lead lap, you are not.
Quote from oscarhardwick :Frankly even if you are quicker as a back-marker fair enough if a slower bloke on the lead lap races you. He is on the lead lap, you are not.

that's his problem.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :that's his problem.

Was it his problem when you twatted him off the track then?

Jesus, you really cannot cure stupid can you.
Quote from oscarhardwick :Was it his problem when you twatted him off the track then?

Jesus, you really cannot cure stupid can you.

I already said, that was my fault. I just didn't expect it. but yes, in the end it was his problem. I can't go for the championship anyway, couldn't get any points that race. I got penalized for it, accepted it. I learned from it and will move on.
Forgot there was hardcore qualifying, so I only did one lap in qualifying where I finished 12th. Disappointing, but at least it'd make for an exciting race.

Two cars spun right in front of me on the opening lap, which put me out as well. I was down in 28th but quickly made some progress. It was my first proper race in the FO8, and had no idea on what strategy others were doing. I made the race-set myself (hurraay) and decided to pump it up with enough fuel to avoid refueling. I had a plan to change tires after 10 laps, as I wasnt sure they were gonna reach the whole distance.

I was lucky enough for the SC to come out when I had Isaac breathing down my neck. I was 10th on the restart, and then started working my way through the field. With 9 laps to go, I catched P3 and P4, and managed to pass both on the inside into the chicane after the back straight, being 3-wide! Goik made a mistake costing him 3 seconds, and I managed to make a move on him with only 5 laps to go, and got the car home in a steady P2, 19 seconds behind a dominating Isaac.

Was a fun race, with some great overtaking. I have to agree that the blue-flags felt non-existing, as people simply did not care, even if you tried to make an attempt to pass.

I hope to be able to give Isaac a bigger challenge at the next round - Hopefully won't screw up qualifying then! I know the rules now
Remco, claiming that it was fault of the guy behind you to be one (more) lap(s) ahead of you and not able to pass you is wrong. It's more your fault being one (5) lap(s) behind + not being able to let him (them) pass.

I watched quite some part of the race from your perspective and there were plenty of moments, when you were holding cars up. It doesn't matter you're up to the pace. You are deep down in the field. You move away. Next time you make sure you are not deep down in the field so you don't have to go through this pain again. Otherwise (and this is not a threat) we can keep penalising you until you are out of points.

This applies to anyone else.
Quote from oscarhardwick :
It's a pitty that when I can race guys like Nate from LLM 2 wide for an entire sector and love it that yourself and (should he ever go fast enough) Ray have to give the group the stereotype that everyone knows it by.

Wow, I wasn't even in that race and still managed to do something wrong.

That being said, I think Rony needs to learn how to heed blue flags too . It wasn't just Remco, many others had no regard for blue flags either. Car 69 was wrecked by car 33 after passing him while car 33 was blue flagged.

So if we just want to pick on LLM guys, that is fine. But even others do the same thing.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Wow, I wasn't even in that race and still managed to do something wrong.

Car 69 was wrecked by car 33 after passing him while car 33 was blue flagged.

Ray. You protesting stuff when you are not in the race is annoying enough.

The 33 was get this, ON THE LEAD LAP, he disco'd on the pace lap and was shown a lap down for the entire race. Please feel free to congratulate both yourself and the 69 car for your as per usual stunning awareness in that situation. Also Rony was WAY less annoying when a lap down than the 14.
Quote from oscarhardwick :
The 33 was get this, ON THE LEAD LAP, he disco'd on the pace lap and was shown a lap down for the entire race. Please feel free to congratulate both yourself and the 69 car for your as per usual stunning awareness in that situation. Also Rony was WAY less annoying when a lap down than the 14.

You aren't on the lead lap after you make a greenflag pitstop, Oscar. I already considered that he had a pitlane start. So maybe you should raise your own situational awareness to a better level.
Quote from Bmxtwins :You aren't on the lead lap after you make a greenflag pitstop, Oscar. I already considered that he had a pitlane start.

Huh... didn't see Ben do that. Either way, hit an LLM car +10 championship points.
Quote from oscarhardwick :Huh... didn't see Ben do that. Either way, hit an LLM car +10 championship points.

Typical..
after actually watching the race back, I indeed drove like an **** . I held a tough of vinegar after I got crashed, which ofc. isn't a good thing. I'll try to stay calm next time
Anyway...

My race wasn't particularly interesting.

Q went okay, I probably should have run a .2 with my best split to sector 2 but I braked a bit too late for the chicane and ruined it. Luckily few other guys didn't get it right and Mikko did an awesome job to get the pole.

My start was decent, I knew that Mikko hadn't raced properly for a long time so would be a bit cautious and sure enough I passed him at the end of lap 1 and didn't really look back from there. I wasn't sure if I should take new tyres or not at the pitstop under caution because I have a lot of bad experiences on cold worn tyres with the FO8 and if there was another safety car I wouldn't have much of a gap to pit and change tyres.

Anyway it worked out great for me and the other drivers who could have kept it close had their own problems this time. Fern Bay with wind should be pretty exciting.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Wow, I wasn't even in that race and still managed to do something wrong.

That being said, I think Rony needs to learn how to heed blue flags too . It wasn't just Remco, many others had no regard for blue flags either. Car 69 was wrecked by car 33 after passing him while car 33 was blue flagged.

So if we just want to pick on LLM guys, that is fine. But even others do the same thing.

If this was Bernat in the chicane, I drafted back by him on the straight and had the preferred line into the corner. He chose to try to make it 2-wide, which was a bad idea.

I had indeed gone a lap down by making an early stop, but if not for the SC I could have cycled back up to the "lead" pack. I was not obliged to stop racing in that case.

Sorry for the contact in any case (I asked Nathan to apologize for me after the race), but I think the weight of blame in that particular incident wasn't on me.
Holy mother of report
First of all, I was happy to have arrived on time. Due to some traffic jams I almost didn't make it. My qualifying looked accordingly – I had to get used to the car again after a week or so of no practice. 19th place was as expected.

My strategy was not to change tyres and refuel somewhere around halfway.

I did a good start (surprisingly), avoided the lap 1 wreckage before the back straight, shat in my pants when Gajda flew past everybody on the straight, and then I let everyone behind me deal with Gajda's spin in the last corner. So I entered lap 2 in 11th and drove behind Ulrich until I eventually passed him on lap 6.

On lap 12, I made an attempt to pass Bernat on the inside of T1. I wasn't successful, but he made a mistake going onto the backstretch, so I passed him easily. I stayed in ninth until the SC came out.

The SC helped me quite a bit, because I was just about five laps before I would've pitted for fuel, so I dove into the pit lane immediately. When the queue sorted out, I had gained two positions and restarted from seventh. However, Østgaard was closer to the rest of the pack than before and he passed me shortly after the restart.

I had a little moment at the beginning of lap 42, where Remco had a spin, and Rony and I had to avoid him. No damage though, only a few seconds lost.

I knew Telkkälä was going to close the gap on me rapidly, although we were doing similar lap times. From lap 60 I had to deal with lapping Wdowiarz and lost a few seconds because of that. Telkkälä got his draft, which helped him get closer to me.

I tried to hold him off till the end. It was really tough Eventually, when crossing the s/f line to start lap 72, I clearly didn't block the inside enough and he sneaked past me. At that point I thought it was over for me, but 2 laps later, he made a mistake going out of T1 and did a 360 in front of me – positions swapped again. But despite the spin, he managed to catch up and overtake me on the back straight for good with three laps to go.

I thought I would finish eighth when, on the penultimate lap, Wiśniewski was really slow through the last chicane. It turned out to be really thin tyres and a right rear puncture. Really unlucky for him, lucky for me. Seventh place is more than I expected.

It was a real shame that neither of my team mates made it to the finish. Better luck next time!

(laps are -1 from LFS laps because of the formation lap)
Quote from Bmxtwins :I think Rony needs to learn how to heed blue flags too .

I did the usual approach - I kept my line until the lapping car makes move,then I let by and don't block. Usually it worked,except with Tommy,who made very unexpected move by diving inside in last turn,hitting my car. Would be a fist shaking moment in real life from me...
Quote from oscarhardwick :Also Rony was WAY less annoying when a lap down than the 14.

What can you know? You met me just once and even in that moment I moved to left to leave right side for you,while you also went to left side. Bit of a missunderstanding...

- - -

Before race I was sceptic even to qualify for this one,as Blackwood is one of my least favourite tracks and the competition is much stronger then last year,I would dare to say it's even twice as strong. Managed to set a decent PB in qualifying,but in one of last pits I checked tracker and saw P31 for me. But with last try pulled out better lap and qualified myself for race.
In race I had one of the best starts I ever had (most likely because of low fuel load),avoided mess and climbed up to 14th place,entered pits in lap 20 even in 13th place. The rest of the race was just trying to preserve current position. Most unlucky moment was under caution,when leader left pits just ahead of me,securing that I will be lap down unlike every one ahead. Last 20 laps were more like running away from Ben,I knew his situation and I knew it was for position,but later my tyres started to fade together with my concentration,while Ben was picking up pace,logically I lost 17th and finished the race right behind winner...
Quote from Eclipsed :Before race I was sceptic even to qualify for this one,as Blackwood is one of my least favourite tracks and the competition is much stronger then last year,I would dare to say it's even twice as strong. Managed to set a decent PB in qualifying,but in one of last pits I checked tracker and saw P31 for me. But with last try pulled out better lap and qualified myself for race.
In race I had one of the best starts I ever had (most likely because of low fuel load),avoided mess and climbed up to 14th place,entered pits in lap 20 even in 13th place. The rest of the race was just trying to preserve current position. Most unlucky moment was under caution,when leader left pits just ahead of me,securing that I will be lap down unlike every one ahead. Last 20 laps were more like running away from Ben,I knew his situation and I knew it was for position,but later my tyres started to fade together with my concentration,while Ben was picking up pace,logically I lost 17th and finished the race right behind winner...

That was a fun chase, man. Good job holding it together as long as you did... it's hard to keep concentration in these long races with this twitchy of a car. I just had you as a rabbit to keep my mind on task. As soon as I passed you I lost all my concentration, tbh.
Quote from dekojester :Yes, if you want the highlights to be all wrecks. I did see some reasonable racing, but missed half of the race thanks to having to review stuff

Just don't let Ray race, then no wrecks.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Just don't let Ray race, then no wrecks.

would have been safer with him on the track, he wouldnt have been near anyone on the start
My race.

Grass.
Spin.
Grass.
Spin.
Dive bomb Oscar cause jack would want me to
Brake checked by majoor.
Disconnect.
Quote from Mustangman759 :would have been safer with him on the track, he wouldnt have been near anyone on the start

well, I guess ray never drove a decent race. As I had the "talk" with ray on skype it's now, completly clear, fully retarded person in this league.

Dustin might be not the fastest, but I guess sometimes faster and almost all the time way safer than him.

I don't know why deko let ray race, after his 2-day-lfs-driver-show last season. ( I guess it also was on Blackwood ) I think the most in this field are going to think the same.
Quote from Masterboy19660815 :well, I guess ray never drove a decent race. As I had the "talk" with ray on skype it's now, completly clear, fully retarded person in this league.

Dustin might be not the fastest, but I guess sometimes faster and almost all the time way safer than him.

I don't know why deko let ray race, after his 2-day-lfs-driver-show last season. ( I guess it also was on Blackwood ) I think the most in this field are going to think the same.

you realize that comment was in no way directed at anyone in particular? All I saw from remote was a car spinning about every corner for the first 2 laps.
That said, if you think it was directed at you... You probably did something wrong.
Edit: Why can't Ray attempt to qualify a race? Is it strictly forbidden? He has the proper requirements.
Quote from Mustangman759 :
Edit: Why can't Ray attempt to qualify a race? Is it strictly forbidden? He has the proper requirements.

He proved last year in the Blackwood race that he is unable to control the FO8, although from that performance, I was given the impression he was actually racing this:

I somewhat agree tho
This thread is closed

LFSCART Series 2014: Round 1 Race Discussion
(59 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG