The online racing simulator
New to G27, confused by my wheel settings!
For some reason I have a non-linear wheel response, and there is an annoying deadband at anything above 200°.

I'm also confused by how to set the wheel up the way I want it. The force feedback stopping the wheel turn is set by the car in LFS right?

So what happens if you go into the windows USB game controllers settings and set the wheel rotation to something else? How does wheel compensation work? And how does the in-game wheel rotation setting play into it?

I've been aimlessly mucking around for awhile and it's all crapped up now.

Any help would be appreciated, been loving the bit I have been playing so far!
just got myself a g27 recently, all i needed to do was to set wheel rotation too 900° in the logitech profiler (options -> global settings) then it did just fine in all games.
also check that u have wheel turn compensation set to 0!
non of lfs cars use 900° so why use incorect setting..
make lfs profile,specific game setting. and change rotation as you chanange car.
basic rule: when you turn your g25/27. or what ever full turn wheel you have,
wheel in your hands(g25/g27....) MUST turn identical as is does in lfs.
if it doesent you have bad settings.
Maybe it's because I didn't race for a long time, but that's where I also get a bit confused.

There's a rotation setting in Logitech software, one in car's setup screen, and a third one (optional) in the car's script file.

I also tend to have real wheel rot=LFS wheel rot.

Then there's wheel turn compensation...
Some say it must be set at 0, others at 1...

Which is the correct definitive procedure in order to have a solid 1:1 match?
Quote from maxis123 :non of lfs cars use 900° so why use incorect setting..
make lfs profile,specific game setting. and change rotation as you chanange car.
basic rule: when you turn your g25/27. or what ever full turn wheel you have,
wheel in your hands(g25/g27....) MUST turn identical as is does in lfs.
if it doesent you have bad settings.

u can set wheel rotation in lfs as well...thats what i always use.
btw, i just noticed that it doesnt make a difference...
that sucks
Set profiler to 900 degrees.
Set LFS to 900 degrees. (Actually I use 870, because although the G27 rotates 900 degrees, the position sensor only actually works up to 870 degrees)
Set Wheel Turn Compensation to 1.

Rejoice that the wheel matches the in-game wheel. Only the soft end-stops are missing, but most often they're too weak anyway when you're turning the wheel in anger.

Edit: if you do want to set the wheel rotation in profiler (or use the magic button presses):

Set profiler to X degrees.
Don't bother setting the rotation in LFS, it'll be ignored by below.
Set Wheel Turn Compensation to 0.

Rejoice that the wheel matches the in-game wheel, with soft end-stops. Get annoy that you have to switch out of LFS to change the wheel rotation for each car. Fortunately all the road cars are 720.

Edit2: for clarification, Wheel Turn Compensation is primarily used to make wheel action non-linear, for those with wheels limited to something like 180 or 270 degrees, as otherwise it can be a pain trying to go straight. When the wheel's rotation is greater than the car's rotation, it is effectively a binary toggle between using full-range (0) and adding dead zones to match the car's rotation (1)
Thanks!
I finally understood it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG