The online racing simulator
Speaking of old LFS replays, is there any way to unlock old versions of LFS? So many awesome races and hotlaps are forever lost.
Quote from CarlLefrancois :just like LFS doesn't play back old versions of replays (although it could) because this would add complexity and weight and because people have a workaround.

To run old replays you need old tyre physics, old tracks, ... that would greatly increase size of LFS installer. Almost two times
On the other side including few MBs compared to 4 GB in Windows installation is absolutely negligible.
i figured out a small issue, and tried a Workaround which works:

I have Win 8.1 on my Laptop, it has a nV 840 GT and an Intel HD 4600, working together with a 4th Gen i5 and 8 GB RAM.

When i start LFS with no changes in drivers, LFS simply closes with no message when i want to start a race. But when i choose the nVidia graphics accelerator directly for LFS in nVidia CP, i can play LFS with no issues.
Maybe nVidia Optimus + Win 8 is a problem?

On Win 7: Optimus + LFS = no problems...
Maybe but AMD = ATI

It seems there is a general problem with this win8.1 and switching between embedded GPU@CPU and a secondary dedicated GPU. Also because numerous other games get reported with the same issue.

Maybe there is a workaround too for ATI Catalyst.. No idea.
Did you miss the embedded GPU@CPU bit? I think so.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG