The online racing simulator
Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
Thx!

GO GO GO DS!
Hey gru, can you enable "Led" in XFG?
#128 - gru
Quote from nesrulz :Hey gru, can you enable "Led" in XFG?

no, LFS doesnt show shiftlight in GT cars anymore

i made new version which works with Z25 (shiftlight, race cars only)
first post updated
Quote from gru :no, LFS doesnt show shiftlight in GT cars anymore

i made new version which works with Z25 (shiftlight, race cars only)
first post updated

Yes, thx.
Big thanks!!
Quote from gru :hello

x64 problem is solved, download link in first post is updated (ds_1.0.2_x86.zip)

I dont see that file in first post and with attached one I get same problem, not valid dll.
Quote from nesrulz :Hi,

Start Digital Speedo + LFS and save some set on HDD...
Double click on saved set for auto load/save in LFS, then OK..., and Digital Speedo will close...

RGDS

Hm, gru, can u fix this?
Hmmm :bump:
Thought I was only one getting that. It's very annoying and if possible should be fixed please.

PS. xprulz too
Nilex, this must be unchecked...

How can i make this work with dx9 version of LFS?

I am truly lost without my digi...
Why do you need speedo, when you are waiting for S3, oops meant don't drive anymore?
Quote from Nilex :How can i make this work with dx9 version of LFS?

I am truly lost without my digi...

Pfff...rumbled. :P
Oi Ant how is your 3rd year uf1 withdrawal going?

I need to build up hype so digi gets updated for s3 release in matter of months
After three years the UF1 withdrawal symptoms have mainly faded...but I still have occasional attacks. One day I will unleash the power of the beast again.
I can see your reasoning there, so fingers crossed you will get the digital speedo before release....where would you be without it eh?
Like a fish on dry land mate...

Source code has 711 views, there is still hope
Quote from Nilex :
Source code has 711 views, there is still hope

Tell you what. If you ditch the mouse and use a wheel then I will learn how to make it work with this DX9 thing you mention!

No chance of either ever happening though...you know my cummpooter skillz and I know you!
Quote from Rentner :Is there nobody converting that DX8-DLL to DX9?
http://www.mikoweb.eu/index.php?node=21 <-- this could help.
If anyone know what to do please tell me ;P

I tried. I never worked with DirectX before and I just spent one or two days so I can´t guarantee anything. However, I have been using DigitalSpeedo for about two weeks on 0.6f without a problem .

I love this mod so I want to thanks to gru for his awesome work .

I attached the program and source code, in case someone wants to take a look. About source code, its not as pretty as I would like now because VS wasn´t happy about renaming folders and projects from dx8 to dx9 . I used Visual Studio Express 2013.

I hope it works and you enjoy it.

PD: I am sorry about my bad english guys, but i guess you´ll understand me.
Attached files
ds_1.0.4_bin.rar - 96.7 KB - 438 views
ds_1.0.4_src.rar - 225.8 KB - 396 views
Mate, THANKS very much for your work!

I only have this little error I will show in attachment. Program runs but I can't recognize the numbers at all (they are not big size). I am using Win7 64 bit.

Have no idea, but could it be different OS language or some code page difference? I pray that you know how to fix it
Attached images
Digi Speedo error.jpg
Well done and thx! I missed this tool.

Could you insert another change? An option (checkbox or something like that) which cuts the last 2 numbers of RPM? F.e. instead display 6578 RPM just 6.5k. I get eye cancer and epileptic seizure at same time when i look at this fast changing numbers.
Quote from Nilex :Mate, THANKS very much for your work!

I only have this little error I will show in attachment. Program runs but I can't recognize the numbers at all (they are not big size). I am using Win7 64 bit.

Have no idea, but could it be different OS language or some code page difference? I pray that you know how to fix it

It dont work for you?
Good. You are too fast anyway. ;P

I get that Error too, when i run LFS in a window. Try fullscreen.
Quote from Nilex :Mate, THANKS very much for your work!

That never happened to me before and I didnt have a clue so I tought it was related to 64 bits (I have Windows 7 32 bits). So i tried to run LFS on a virtual machine with no luck :facepalm. Also, I saw that you use LFSLazy too (nice mod, i didnt knew it) but after i installed the last version posted on his thread it worked excellent (DigitalSpeedo and LFSlazy).

Finally, I realized what was the problem thanks to Rentner. It is related to the size of numbers. The size is a config in DS, and i think it adjusts according to resolution when you go to window mode. But if the size it too small, you get the error on your screenshot. As a workaround, test it with fullscreen or with a bigger size (50 worked ok for me) on window mode. I´ll try to fix that but I have to study for exams next week so I cant promise a fast solution.

Please, reinstall it and let me know if that works .

Quote from Pierre Dole :Well done and thx! I missed this tool.

Could you insert another change? An option (checkbox or something like that) which cuts the last 2 numbers of RPM? F.e. instead display 6578 RPM just 6.5k. I get eye cancer and epileptic seizure at same time when i look at this fast changing numbers.

I guess its possible but I cant promise that soon. The digits are actually a image displayed, not a text so the best approach I think that could be to round the last digits, instead of 6.5k or 6578 show 6500 when a checkbox is activated. Would that change work for you? I think that displayed numbers are only updated when they change so that would avoid the blinking too I guess.

Quote from Rentner :It dont work for you?
Good. You are too fast anyway. ;P

I get that Error too, when i run LFS in a window. Try fullscreen.

Actually, that came to my mind too when I read Nilex lol . Thanks for the info, I would never tried LFS in a window other way.
I just came across that "Error" when i setup the position of the Digits on screen with the Configtab from Digispeedo Version 1.0.4. THX to you. Great work.
I don't mind waiting, you just study as long as you want mate

I've read some suggestions and will try them all and report back! Thanks a lot

Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG