The online racing simulator
Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
Changing size helped - attachments 1 (speedo size 25), 2 (40), 3 (53). But I rather wait and see if you can fix it
Error about missing d3d9.dll still mentions d3d8.dll - attachment 4.
Digi Speedo and Lazy do work together for the most part. The radar in Lazy stops working after I put the d3d9.dll in LFS folder - attachments 5 and 6. Daniel said he will try and look into it though

EDIT: Forgot to mention that windowed / fullscreen has no effect, results are identical.
Attached images
Digi Speedo error 1.jpg
Digi Speedo error 2.jpg
Digi Speedo error 3.jpg
Digi Speedo error 4.jpg
Digi Speedo error 5.jpg
Digi Speedo error 6.jpg
Quote :Would that change work for you?

Yes, that would be great.
Quote from Nilex :Changing size helped - attachments 1 (speedo size 25), 2 (40), 3 (53). But I rather wait and see if you can fix it
Error about missing d3d9.dll still mentions d3d8.dll - attachment 4.
Digi Speedo and Lazy do work together for the most part. The radar in Lazy stops working after I put the d3d9.dll in LFS folder - attachments 5 and 6. Daniel said he will try and look into it though

EDIT: Forgot to mention that windowed / fullscreen has no effect, results are identical.

Hi Nilex, sorry for the delay.

I think I solved the bug of the digits. In case someone wonders, It was setted to not use D3DX filters when creating the texture causing glitches when you tried to downscale de size of the digits. Now it is set to D3DX_DEFAULT that apply a few filters and scales correctly. It took me lots of hours of tests to figure it out because I didnt change that on source code and it was working ok so I guess there is some different behavior within DX8 and DX9.

About the radar of LFS Lazy, I imagine that Daniel use a DX9 proxy dll to show it too. In that case, a solution could be that he append the source from this dll to the one he is using. He didnt post his source code so I can only guess that and I cant do anything about compatibility.

I´m a bit curious. Why do you use LFSLazy and DigitalSpeedo at the same time? LFSLazy shows speed, gear and rpm too.

I hope to see you on track someday and Ill ask you some tips for xf/bl1gp

Quote from Pierre Dole :Yes, that would be great.

Well, I found out that it would take more time because I should add a parameter in the config files and check that everything keep runing ok. So, its not done yet, I tried some things but it needs more work to load and save the setting correclty and I´m short of time
Attached files
ds_1.0.4_bin.rar - 96.8 KB - 540 views
ds_1.0.4_src.rar - 226.4 KB - 408 views
WORKS !! Mucho obrigado
Quote from LFSA01-Benedetti :
I´m a bit curious. Why do you use LFSLazy and DigitalSpeedo at the same time? LFSLazy shows speed, gear and rpm too.(

This one is THE BEST! Readable at quick glance, customizable by car and esthetically closest to the original one before it got removed. Lazy's speedo I mainly use for setting good gear ratios and checking top speeds from which I evaluate previous corners. In that regard it is even better because it has one higher order of precision. In racing not so much: I hardly use it mid-turns because it's to hard to read value during most of them when I am concentrated on other things
RPM and gear I don't actually even use. I just put it there, next to speedo, so it has nice little symmetry... One of those incurable quirks of being a Libra
Quote from LFSA01-Benedetti :
I hope to see you on track someday and Ill ask you some tips for xf/bl1gp

It would be my pleasure

I hope Dani reads your comment about the dll compatibility part, I'll even inform him when I see him. Then we'll see if anything can be done. I have gotten used to improved radar and it would be a shame if I had to let go of it in favor of my beloved DIGI

Hope I didn't gave you too much trouble asking to fix my problem because I know how frustrating those things can get from my limited experience

EDIT: Crazy Dani already fixed the Lazy RADAR + Your DIGI DLL incompatibility, presumably after reading this post lol. Sometimes I am scared of how fast he does it... Anyways, both are working together on my side now! Just letting you know before you start warping your head around that. You can still ask him if you wish, how he done it, just to set your mind at ease if need to be
LFSA01-Benedetti, thank you for DS update.
What can I do in linux wine, when it says connected but d3d8 not found or differs ?
The path is set, I even made soft links to wine drive c: to use a clean windows path for it.

I noticed the lfs installer sets a lfs path and if you start lfs fron another path, it will not work. Would it be the speedo also will not run, if lfs path differs no matter what path you set in speedo window ? How to check the path which lfs requires to run and is set by the intaller,in case it is needed ?

This is Gentoo, and wine-d3d9

(btw: I really recommend wine-d3d9 over plain wine,because it makes more fluent fps and also more stable rate)(It also improved my racing times)

I had digital speedo once, it is very useful,in a quick look you can check you overspeed in to the corner even if its only 2km/h over, which would throw you outside the race line and prevent a good time in following corners.
Hello!
Please make an update Big grin
It is great addon, that would be very useful with new mod system
Quote from Karl Morytz :Hello!
Please make an update Big grin
It is great addon, that would be very useful with new mod system

LFSLazy can do this.

Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG