The online racing simulator
Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
#126 - gru
hello

x64 problem is solved, download link in first post is updated (ds_1.0.2_x86.zip)

Solution, info for programmers using my source code:
At first DigitalSpeedo.exe was compiled with "Any CPU" option, so on x86 it was 32bit, and on x64 it was 64bit. d3d8.dll is always 32bit, so 64bit process can't load it, that's all (and it took me over a year to realize that :doh
So to make them work, U have to recompile DigitalSpeedo.exe for x86 platform (VS Express 2008 help link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.c ... 1-4ead-96a1-78bbd9ba6d3a/)
Finally!
Thx!

GO GO GO DS!
Hey gru, can you enable "Led" in XFG?
#130 - gru
Quote from nesrulz :Hey gru, can you enable "Led" in XFG?

no, LFS doesnt show shiftlight in GT cars anymore

i made new version which works with Z25 (shiftlight, race cars only)
first post updated
Quote from gru :no, LFS doesnt show shiftlight in GT cars anymore

i made new version which works with Z25 (shiftlight, race cars only)
first post updated

Yes, thx.
Big thanks!!
Quote from gru :hello

x64 problem is solved, download link in first post is updated (ds_1.0.2_x86.zip)

I dont see that file in first post and with attached one I get same problem, not valid dll.
Quote from nesrulz :Hi,

Start Digital Speedo + LFS and save some set on HDD...
Double click on saved set for auto load/save in LFS, then OK..., and Digital Speedo will close...

RGDS

Hm, gru, can u fix this?
Hmmm :bump:
Thought I was only one getting that. It's very annoying and if possible should be fixed please.

PS. xprulz too
Nilex, this must be unchecked...

How can i make this work with dx9 version of LFS?

I am truly lost without my digi...
Why do you need speedo, when you are waiting for S3, oops meant don't drive anymore?
Quote from Nilex :How can i make this work with dx9 version of LFS?

I am truly lost without my digi...

Pfff...rumbled. :P
Oi Ant how is your 3rd year uf1 withdrawal going?

I need to build up hype so digi gets updated for s3 release in matter of months
After three years the UF1 withdrawal symptoms have mainly faded...but I still have occasional attacks. One day I will unleash the power of the beast again.
I can see your reasoning there, so fingers crossed you will get the digital speedo before release....where would you be without it eh?
Like a fish on dry land mate...

Source code has 711 views, there is still hope
Quote from Nilex :
Source code has 711 views, there is still hope

Tell you what. If you ditch the mouse and use a wheel then I will learn how to make it work with this DX9 thing you mention!

No chance of either ever happening though...you know my cummpooter skillz and I know you!
Quote from Rentner :Is there nobody converting that DX8-DLL to DX9?
http://www.mikoweb.eu/index.php?node=21 <-- this could help.
If anyone know what to do please tell me ;P

I tried. I never worked with DirectX before and I just spent one or two days so I can´t guarantee anything. However, I have been using DigitalSpeedo for about two weeks on 0.6f without a problem .

I love this mod so I want to thanks to gru for his awesome work .

I attached the program and source code, in case someone wants to take a look. About source code, its not as pretty as I would like now because VS wasn´t happy about renaming folders and projects from dx8 to dx9 . I used Visual Studio Express 2013.

I hope it works and you enjoy it.

PD: I am sorry about my bad english guys, but i guess you´ll understand me.
Attached files
ds_1.0.4_bin.rar - 96.7 KB - 181 views
ds_1.0.4_src.rar - 225.8 KB - 144 views
Mate, THANKS very much for your work!

I only have this little error I will show in attachment. Program runs but I can't recognize the numbers at all (they are not big size). I am using Win7 64 bit.

Have no idea, but could it be different OS language or some code page difference? I pray that you know how to fix it
Attached images
Digi Speedo error.jpg
Well done and thx! I missed this tool.

Could you insert another change? An option (checkbox or something like that) which cuts the last 2 numbers of RPM? F.e. instead display 6578 RPM just 6.5k. I get eye cancer and epileptic seizure at same time when i look at this fast changing numbers.
Quote from Nilex :Mate, THANKS very much for your work!

I only have this little error I will show in attachment. Program runs but I can't recognize the numbers at all (they are not big size). I am using Win7 64 bit.

Have no idea, but could it be different OS language or some code page difference? I pray that you know how to fix it

It dont work for you?
Good. You are too fast anyway. ;P

I get that Error too, when i run LFS in a window. Try fullscreen.
Quote from Nilex :Mate, THANKS very much for your work!

That never happened to me before and I didnt have a clue so I tought it was related to 64 bits (I have Windows 7 32 bits). So i tried to run LFS on a virtual machine with no luck :facepalm. Also, I saw that you use LFSLazy too (nice mod, i didnt knew it) but after i installed the last version posted on his thread it worked excellent (DigitalSpeedo and LFSlazy).

Finally, I realized what was the problem thanks to Rentner. It is related to the size of numbers. The size is a config in DS, and i think it adjusts according to resolution when you go to window mode. But if the size it too small, you get the error on your screenshot. As a workaround, test it with fullscreen or with a bigger size (50 worked ok for me) on window mode. I´ll try to fix that but I have to study for exams next week so I cant promise a fast solution.

Please, reinstall it and let me know if that works .

Quote from Pierre Dole :Well done and thx! I missed this tool.

Could you insert another change? An option (checkbox or something like that) which cuts the last 2 numbers of RPM? F.e. instead display 6578 RPM just 6.5k. I get eye cancer and epileptic seizure at same time when i look at this fast changing numbers.

I guess its possible but I cant promise that soon. The digits are actually a image displayed, not a text so the best approach I think that could be to round the last digits, instead of 6.5k or 6578 show 6500 when a checkbox is activated. Would that change work for you? I think that displayed numbers are only updated when they change so that would avoid the blinking too I guess.

Quote from Rentner :It dont work for you?
Good. You are too fast anyway. ;P

I get that Error too, when i run LFS in a window. Try fullscreen.

Actually, that came to my mind too when I read Nilex lol . Thanks for the info, I would never tried LFS in a window other way.

Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG