The online racing simulator
Quote from Eclipsed :Gutholz - were you aware that I was starting from 4th row when you predicted me as 1st lap leader? And are you aware that I'm a pretty lousy starter?

Oh. Maybe should have checked starting order but then just put someone that looked fastish
It looked like Rony wanted first place in lap one when he made it 4 wide into Turn Two.
Did the race have the longest green flag run ever in the 500? It was approx 124 laps I think
Quote from JackDaMaster :Did the race have the longest green flag run ever in the 500? It was approx 124 laps I think

I believe so, yes. Will confirm over the next few days; I believe the longest green flag run to date in the Kyoto 500 has been 91 laps.
I tried to keep my rants off this thread this race, but what I saw here was even stupider than Gavin Free talking about science.

That last crash which gave us the anti-climactic ending I thought very simple about the lapped down cars (who were also battling for position) fought hard and something simply went wrong. But this wasn't the case at all. And I think everyone is allowed to hear my opinion about it.

Dear #7 M.Velikov,

You are a couple of laps down, with nobody in the same lap battling for position with you. What in Celestia's name were you thinking, when you went and mixed in battling with drivers who were battling each other for position.

First: You tried to jump the start and was aside #8 before it was green. You screwed over his start. And think of it. What would you have gained if you did have a good start because of it. NOTHING. You would only mix in with higher battles where you had nothing to gain.

Then: Battle between #73 and #76. #73 gets and aero wash and slides up. Ok shit happens. He tried to stay with #76 in the last couple of laps. But what do you do Velikov? Instead of backing off because he is not your fight, no-one was at this point, you steer into him again!

If that wasn't enough: He lost the draft with Murphy, OK shit happens. What do you decide to do? Try an outside overtake on #73.

If you really think that wasn't a bad enough idea: T3, Your team mate and #68 (for position) caught up to #73 and tried to overtake. What do you do, you just wreck #73.That was the saddest action I've ever seen anyone in sim-racing do. You were 3 laps down on him. 4 Laps down on the leaders and you **** up all their races without a reason. I'd rather had lost from Martin than win because of your stupid actions.
I gotta say i was impressed with the long green flag period and i must congratulate everyone on managing it this long.
Shame about the race end, that was really, really bad move from 7, i saw it coming right from the last restart, don't know what went into your head.
But all in all it was good 500. Congrats to winners and hopefully see you next year at Rockingham 500 (ololololololol).
Quote from Kid222 :Rockingham 500

Does anyone know if IndyCar still holds the namimg rights to that term Though the Rockingham 500 was a 500km race in CART back in those days.
lap 15 > causes caution
lap 22 > doesn't slow down while caution is deployed and plows into that crash
lap 95 > Plows into the rear of the grid in caution
lap 101 > jumpstarts
lap 105 > Causes another wreck/spin
lap 110 > plows again into the rear of the grid while in caution
lap 242 > loses control under caution

and then the last caution mister velikov caused. I mean, this isn't just inexperience in play here.
Dear Mr.Perfection, please don't exaggerate things that happened with my presence.

Quote from dekojester :Lapped cars are permitted to race with other cars throughout the majority of the race. At the end, I prefer and *USUALLY* remind them to drop back or yield at the restart in the last few tens of laps, but I forgot this time until half a lap to go.

I have and will pull out the blue flag for cars that are significantly holding up leader lap car(s)

Am i the only who caused cautions? No, it can happen to everybody and i got penalized for one of them.

"loses control under caution" Am i the only one again? I dont have alien computer specifications, i have low fps with many cars on the track.

"Plows into the rear of the grid in caution" same again.......

You made a list of things that each of us have done maybe not exactly in that race, but i saw other people doing it.

Admins have enough experience to decide without your opinion
At least the last caution could be avoided.

Rony was 1 lap ahead of you and Sigitas was 3 laps behind. You had literally nobody to race with at the time and honestly, with less than 4 laps to go, there was next to no chance of getting any positions. Yet you had a contact with car 73 in turn 3 and instead of keeping your line, you steered into him.

I wouldn't mind that much if it hadn't ruined a green flag finish and a battle for the win. I was really disappointed it didn't happen.

And "I'm not the only one" is not an excuse for such behaviour.
Quote from MVelikov :Dear Mr.Kyoto 500 2014 Winner, please don't under exaggerate things that happened with my presence.

fixed
Quote from Flame CZE :At least the last caution could be avoided.

Rony was 1 lap ahead of you and Sigitas was 3 laps behind. You had literally nobody to race with at the time and honestly, with less than 4 laps to go, there was next to no chance of getting any positions. Yet you had a contact with car 73 in turn 3 and instead of keeping your line, you steered into him.

I wouldn't mind that much if it hadn't ruined a green flag finish and a battle for the win. I was really disappointed it didn't happen.

And "I'm not the only one" is not an excuse for such behaviour.

Martin here pretty much speaks for me.

It wasn't one mistake that made me do that last post, it was you constantly making those mistakes. YOU should be the one who should have sorted out YOUR hardware. You can't blame your mistakes on something you could've easily prevented. And if your hardware really was that bad and really couldn't do anything about it, you shouldn't have raced.

If you lose control and plow in the rear of the field under caution twice, it isn't called "everyone makes mistakes"/"shit happens".
Indeed, excusing yourself for what you did in that situation at that point in the race is poor (negative) satisfaction to those that still had race on their hands. Apologizing would be better way of reacting.

I agree that Remco has history of picking what suits him when it comes to blaming though.
Quote from Kid222 :I agree that Remco has history of picking what suits him when it comes to blaming though.

It's my specialty
Three words for velikov. Pot kettle black.
Was a pretty fun race this. :P
For the record, all outstanding matters have been submitted to the Stewards for their review; once I get their response, I will get official results as soon as possible
Boom, confetti!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG