The online racing simulator
not really spotting just to see race
-
(F1 mainiac) DELETED by F1 mainiac : ooops
Because he's not driving the right car!
Did it end already? Is there any stream?
Pff... You're still Legendary Mr. Legend :bowdown:
Still got the fastest time.

Grats to top 3 respectively, had really much fun drafting with Remco and Martin, altough moon is still best.
The 420 blazed it.
Congratulations, top 3!
Edit: Great performance from the top two, and nice to see Isaac do an oval race.

Wow, I needed a lot more practice Sorry to #7 for the contact in the opening laps. I felt really bad about doing that. I miscalculated the space behind me and made contact trying to get the slip-stream from the car in front.

Then, I didn't know how to get rid of speed on a run into turn 3 while in the top 5 (between pit cycles) and ruined the race for a couple guys. Experience in a pack for me would have prevented this, but I hadn't drafted with more than 2 other guys at a time in FO8 for years until today's race.

Then, the long green flag run.. About a quarter of the way into it was was given (as deserved) a Stop-and-Go penalty for the aforementioned incident. I served it and found myself almost almost two laps down. Soon afterwards I was 2 laps down, but I had more fuel than most people, so I set-out to stay 1 lap down after the leaders ran into trouble. When the caution finally came out I only had 7% fuel remaining, but I was on the lead lap. If I simply followed you rather than drafting by, I was trying to save fuel, and the sum of my fuel saving actually did allow me to finish on the lead lap.

When we went back to green I thought between the 67, 36, and I we were going to take out lap cars as we tried to cut through them. Somehow, we didn't and a caution came out and allowed us to all group at the front of the field.

On the second to last restart I got a good start, but Majoor and Kapal were too fast on the jump. Eventually, 67, 37, and I caught Isaac. We had trouble getting back into any kind of formation, and I quite honestly was trying to leave at least one of my competitors behind in that group so we could get back into formation. The second to last caution was simply because I tried to get between the 37 and 36 exiting turn #1 after I saw the 37's mistake. I miscalculated it's severity and spun myself, destroying my car in the process. I was able to get to pit lane and remain on the lead lap thanks to the caution, but I should have started at the tail of the field to void any advantage I received by my own mistake.

Truly, I made a joke of myself in today's race, and I shouldn't have the 5th place result to show for it. All I had was pace, but skill, it wasn't there.

Sorry to everybody in today's race and the administration. You deserved better from me.
Gutholz - were you aware that I was starting from 4th row when you predicted me as 1st lap leader? And are you aware that I'm a pretty lousy starter?
At least I got 3 votes for first out of the race
After helping Deko to admin this race last year I have respect for him doing these races, although his sanity does have to be seriously questioned for continuing the oval races.

Even though the 500 has a reputation for being a wreck fest and there were a lot of cautions, the race was lost for us in a long green flag run which was nice, it would be a lot more frustrating if it happened in some random crash at the end of the race.

The crash with me/Mikko/Jack gave me some damage and lost me the 2 guys I'd been drafting with at that point, and even though I still kept the net lead after I pitted it was always going to be difficult to stay close enough without making a mistake for the rest of the race as they were both really good and it was twitchy in the last corner and it made me slower as well. The safety car fest towards the end gave me a chance but they were too good on the restarts.

Anyway I enjoyed the race, especially as I haven't been around LFS lately and it was nice to see the old personalities around, so thanks I guess.
Quote from IsaacPrice :After helping Deko to admin this race last year I have respect for him doing these races, although his sanity does have to be seriously questioned for continuing the oval races.

Quote from Cornys :Only a special kind of idiot decides to administrate an oval race. Sadly, I am one of those.

I second this notion. Thanks Deko for doing this
Quote from IsaacPrice :After helping Deko to admin this race last year I have respect for him doing these races, although his sanity does have to be seriously questioned for continuing the oval races.

I'm attached to one of the initial things NDR planned to do when it was formed
I feel honored that I had the chance to be the very first person to visit the race control TeamSpeak channel and yet, I was also the last one as none else was called after they dealt with me. I'm certain that my answers were reasonably adequate, Dekoooo! I paid more attention to the cookies that I ate rather than trying to give a reasonable answer for my actions on the track. You probably thought that I was either drunk or Russian! :greenface:
Even I have yet to achieve that.
I spun under safety car, that was kinda bad.
Saw the car in front brake hard (or hit something), so I braked too, but car behind could not brake in time. Maybe it was different, if so then sorry, did not yet find it in replay.

That aside, the whole thing was fantastic fun.
Actually would say the practice races alone were already worth it.
Thanks to #61 #27 for cooperation End was just bad luck, think we did okayish.
Absolutely happy with result, without being forced to pit under green maybe could have finished on lead lap.
Had no problems with other cars either, not sure how others feel.
Think it was with #73 that at times it seemed like we both slowed down to allow merging or avoid contact. But better this way around than noone giving way and crash, was nice to see others care like that.
Being in group of faster cars was WAY too scary, had to let go for my own sanity.
Think must take some time to watch replay, it was bit blur..
Quote from MousemanLV :Son, you have a lot to learn.

please, I was eating Fritos and using twitter (under caution) the entire time. Fritos under green ofc

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG