The online racing simulator
My theory of what happened to LFS...
(221 posts, closed, started )
So what makes it Pay2Win in your opinion, I request proper facts with logic behind them.

It is not pay2win

Source: I played and still play it for 3 years, my room mates play it aswell and one of them, who never payed a pence to RIOT is playing competitively, making about 350€ each month out of it, as a hobby.
Your statements contradict each other. If all champions are "free" after 2 weeks, why is there a rotation of "free" champions every week? If all champions become free, then rotation shouldn't need to exist. (Read: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.c ... oints#Champions.27_Prices as more proof that champions do cost money, and that's providing they're on "sale", which means you'd need to wait a long time for all of them to even be on sale to buy for cheaper).

Thus, you have to "buy" champions somehow, be it with $10 per champion, or many many hours. If I started playing League and cared about it (I don't, DOTA is better and more challenging), I'd either lose a bunch and just have to grind through it until I can "buy" newer champions (and better OP runes) simply because people have played/spent more than me.

DOTA doesn't have the requirement to "grind" out games (or pay) to have magical items that make you able to compete against people of your same skill level. You could create a brand new account and be as good (or as bad) as your skill level dictates.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Your statements contradict each other. If all champions are "free" after 2 weeks, why is there a rotation of "free" champions every week? If all champions become free, then rotation shouldn't need to exist. (Read: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.c ... oints#Champions.27_Prices as more proof that champions do cost money, and that's providing they're on "sale", which means you'd need to wait a long time for all of them to even be on sale to buy for cheaper).

Thus, you have to "buy" champions somehow, be it with $10 per champion, or many many hours. If I started playing League and cared about it (I don't, DOTA is better and more challenging), I'd either lose a bunch and just have to grind through it until I can "buy" newer champions (and better OP runes) simply because people have played/spent more than me.

DOTA doesn't have the requirement to "grind" out games (or pay) to have magical items that make you able to compete against people of your same skill level. You could create a brand new account and be as good (or as bad) as your skill level dictates.

Oh my gosh, I feel like you aren't even reading my posts at all. What I meant was they are on the free rotation 2 weeks after the release, free to try, you can decide if you want to buy it with INGAME CURRENCY, which isn't hard to collect or actual money. I'm still stating facts without mentioning your DOTA, which I actually love, not as much as League, but I quite liked it. It's not grind OR pay, it's like you MUST grind and you decide to pay or not pay and collect ingame currency which can buy you anything that money can buy you, except for skins. What is that link proving? It only proves that you can buy a type of ingame currency which you can spend on champions or skins (and you can't even buy runes with that). And what magical items you are talking about?
Some of you may think the opposite but in my opinion , I don't care if an update will be released or not , I am just enjoying the game as it is now
If LFS development is stopping, it should be opened up to mods.
Quote from Breizh :If LFS development is stopping, it should be opened up to mods.

the devs don't want anything to do with mods, because they will release their own content... O wait
You were unclear. They're in the free rotation after 2 weeks. Which means you can play a specific champion every 6 weeks. The people who have paid have the advantage as they can play a perfect counter to a "free" hero every week, thus are on cruise control to victory.

It's still pay (or grind) to win.
@ OP. My theory is (even though I didn't read your post & Thread is TLDR)

STFU
Quote from CSU1 :@ OP. My theory is (even though I didn't read your post & Thread is TLDR)

STFU

That's probably the most logical solution of all (not).

Quote from dawesdust_12 :
It's still pay (or grind) to win.

It's grind to win, you got the point finally. You cannot use the champions in free rotation on competitive play though, so it doesn't really affect the ranking system at all (for 2 years now). There are quite some rules which are hard to understand just after reading 3 posts, you just have to take the time and sink into it for a month to get how the system works and realize the facts.
Quote from Kristi :T
It's grind to win, you got the point finally. You cannot use the champions in free rotation on competitive play though, so it doesn't really affect the ranking system at all (for 2 years now). There are quite some rules which are hard to understand just after reading 3 posts, you just have to take the time and sink into it for a month to get how the system works and realize the facts.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why should I need to grind to unlock heroes?

Right, I don't. I play a superior game already, I don't need to go and play "DOTA for Preschoolers".
Dawe, can't we just play allong and be friends, for once?
Quote from The Very End :Dawe, can't we just play allong and be friends, for once?

If people weren't so dense, I wouldn't need to try to correct them for more than 1 post.
Haha this guy calling others dense, OH THE IRONY
Quote from aaltomar :LFS surface feels very dull and uninspiring being almost perfectly smooth.

I wish roads in Slovakia would be that smooth.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :It's ok, it's not your fault you can't always understand everything.

I was more astonished at the stupidity displayed. Sometimes there are just no words.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand the subtleties and intracies of the facepalm emoticon.
Quote from Bigbob1993 :I wish roads in Slovakia would be that smooth.

lol, our roads are probably not much better either. On the more busy roads a winter wrecks havoc as it's mandatory to use studded tires. The large variation of temperatures and mechanical wear really takes a toll fast.
When the thread degenerates to mostly arguments or insults, I guess the thread should be closed.

Anyway, we don't really need theories about what has happened to LFS. We are working on updates and content which will be released eventually, some sooner, some later.

We have not changed our business model. The plan is still to work on the updates for all licenses and release some good content for the S3 license. We can't give time estimates.
This thread is closed

My theory of what happened to LFS...
(221 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG