The online racing simulator
No updates, let's just consider this a timeless work of art.
Every now and again, as I don't have a good racing setup atm, I keep getting back to LFS whenever I feel like racing.. Checking for an update.

For some years now.

Just now I realised, it doesn't even really matter anymore.

Because it just is what it is. A timeless piece op digital art. A racing game which defined a class of its own.

It's an amazing racing simulation. I was when I discovered it, and it is, many years later, still an amazingly good racing simulation.

I'm as content with it as I was back then.

And I still plan to build that racing sim setup around it one day, when I have the time and money.

LFS is, was, and probably will ever be, an amazing piece of digital artwork and has already claimed a well deserved place in PC racing simulation history.

Thank you.
LFS clearly has something unique about it...it only needs slight tweaks and it will clearly be something spectacular once again!...
Quote from pepijnb :...A timeless piece op digital art. A racing game which defined a class of its own...

Couldn't say it better!
Thanks!!
Quote from pepijnb :
LFS is, was, and probably will ever be, an amazing piece of digital artwork and has already claimed a well deserved place in PC racing simulation history.
Thank you.

And wait until S3 get's released......The LFS Rollercoaster ride will start all over again

Fordie
Can only agree with what you said .
S3 2014
Seriously though (I haven't been active in over a year), are they still working on S3 and the new physics?
Quote from nsx_freedom :seriously though (i haven't been active in over a year), are they still working on s3 and the new physics?

#9 - Xone
for now 3d patch are taking longer time than I expected, or there is more changing in the initial plan, I dont know if scawen is working on tyres physics and 3d at the same times...... but the more days pass the more lfs need some fresh air.
Guys, leave all your hopes. LFS IS COMPLETELY DEAD. It was dead a long time ago, but you still don't admit this. Last real update was more than 10 years ago. Developers left LFS long time ago, they find different job and they don't want spend time on unprofitable game development. Do you think developers earn enough money from S1/S2 for living a 10 years without job and had developing lfs under conditions of complete secrecy these years, haha?
Anyway, whether they want to return into development now, this is unreal. LFS is completely out of date and devs can not do anything with this. 10 years ago graphics was not so complex so even 1-2 person might done normal graphic engine. Now this graphics seems poor and everything, every model, all media is low polygon and low resolution. Developers need build up everything all over again at modern level, this is impossible for 2 person.
The only way to revive LFS was funding platform like Kickstarter or member subscription. But developers missed both chances. There are dozend simracing games on kickstarter, and spoiled with modern sophisticated graphics players will not spend money for a such oldstyle game. iRacing, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa too good to waste money on LFS.
Kids, stop find comfort in the hope - LFS IS DEAD.
#12 - col
Quote from zaskarboy :Guys, leave all your hopes. LFS IS COMPLETELY DEAD. It was dead a long time ago, but you still don't admit this. Last real update was more than 10 years ago. Developers left LFS long time ago, they find different job and they don't want spend time on unprofitable game development. Do you think developers earn enough money from S1/S2 for living a 10 years without job and had developing lfs under conditions of complete secrecy these years, haha?
Anyway, whether they want to return into development now, this is unreal. LFS is completely out of date and devs can not do anything with this. 10 years ago graphics was not so complex so even 1-2 person might done normal graphic engine. Now this graphics seems poor and everything, every model, all media is low polygon and low resolution. Developers need build up everything all over again at modern level, this is impossible for 2 person.
The only way to revive LFS was funding platform like Kickstarter or member subscription. But developers missed both chances. There are dozend simracing games on kickstarter, and spoiled with modern sophisticated graphics players will not spend money for a such oldstyle game. iRacing, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa too good to waste money on LFS.
Kids, stop find comfort in the hope - LFS IS DEAD.

You only live once, why are you here using your precious time posting in the forum of software that you think is dead!

What a fool you must be
Heh, LFS is dead? In 24 hours of Kyoto there were almost 100 racers on track.
Quote from Sobis :Heh, LFS is dead? In 24 hours of Kyoto there were almost 100 racers on track.

How did you achieve 100 drivers on track when the connection limit is 47?
Quote from Bose321 :How did you achieve 100 drivers on track when the connection limit is 47?

gotta be hax
Did I say that happened at the exact same time? Nope.
Quote from Sobis :Heh, LFS is dead? In 24 hours of Kyoto there were almost 100 racers on track.

Really? And how about NOW?

Normally prime time for three S2 race servers, about three years ago.

Lets bring you up to speed; EMPTY. The force of denial is strong in here

It seems that you even get banned for it now. Funny.
Prime time while most european people are working at the moment?
I think prime time is/was in about 2 hours, when work is finished, dinner is done and everyone enjoys a free evening.
Having said that, free time is something that is becoming less frequent year by year.
More and more people have all sorts of things to do in their spare time, meaning that playing computer games in general, goes to 2nd plan.
Like I said the force of denial is strong here. All sorts of reasons are carried in for some kind of cover up. Now the time is wrong ... During IHR and shortly after that period it was -never- empty.

It's hilarious to come and read here from time to time but it's becoming some kind of lunatic group now with a few individuals saying to each other that everything still is cool.. And if not.. Then the reasons are external.

Every other week an update, about every few days doing a report / saying hi... Who would have thought that there needed to be some Italians to show how you get interest in work.
lovely how cargame only looks at public racing and not leagues and such (where the biggest part of the community is).
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :lovely how cargame only looks at public racing and not leagues and such (where the biggest part of the community is).

@cargame.nl:

I am not denying anything.
Only asking a question.

I think above quote about leagues is true.
Being a member of Absolute-Beginners.nl, I know that those leagues (sunday evening) always have a huge turnup and some good racing.
Maybe the public interest has gone down, but the people who are really interested in this game, do still race in leagues.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :lovely how cargame only looks at public racing and not leagues and such

Lovely how people haven't have the slightest idea. But I call it a day, kicking a dead horse is kind of useless. Enjoy the leagues. While they last. Out.
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
-
(Racer X NZ) DELETED by Scawen : spam and responses to spam
For me LFS will remain the best game of the last decennia, the first sim which gave me the illusion of driving, the first time I felt ''real life'' nervous before a sim league race and the first time in almost 20 years of online gaming that I have a very positive community experience. That's why I am forced to move on now, not because of the updates or the poor management, but because of the negativity in the community which seems to be very contagious...I mean there use to be a time when the defenders of LFS were very enthusiastic and very motivated ppls, now they are just as bitter as the ppls cursing it and that's a poor spectacle for a real LFS lover, just can't stand it...Did my first game on a computer in 1982 and LFS will remain in the top 3 of my favourite games for a very long time, probably till the end of my gaming career, which isn't too far away now!

And I am grateful those 3 guys took the time to make LFS, it has been a blast!
I still find that basically every sim out there misses the truly awesome feel of LFS. I bought rFactor 2 recently to see if they'd manage to fix their physics and FFB. No more than 2 hours later I had sent the email requesting a refund. It felt lifeless and terrible.

NKP still takes the cake as the closest to exhibiting those great traits. Assetto Corsa fortunately is there to take the helm from NKP and provde that alternative. LFS still feels "right" every time I drive it.

No updates, let's just consider this a timeless work of art.
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG