The online racing simulator
Surely the popularity of other games (in the US) are a direct result of Advertising or mainstream publicity. I don't think it has anything to do with culture of needing to win.

LFS never reached a critical mass outside of the EU IMO. There were peaks around releases, but nothing really sustained for any great time. More of a timezone factor rather than anything culture wise. There were a few dedicated individuals who invested in servers to support non-EU competitions etc (for many years), but it never was more than a niche. They were probably responsible for a good percentage of license sales over the years too. It certainly would have made sense for the devs to invest (at any level) in these individuals/competitions, but there was nothing, not even any acknowledgement.
unbelievable

How often must Scawen say he working on S3.
Go play AC a while & come back in some Mounth/Years when its done

This is a Sim not a religion, take it easy.
.....I quit playing this game for a few years. I started playing again last year or so. I blew off the wheel. (been there, done that) Click click go beats force feedback/ ***&&!! PEDALS any time and just play on the mouse/kb.
Screw the sirrocko or whatever the chick car is called. And F&*!! Rockingham too. I'm having a hard enough time trying to get a better time with the RAC on K-Y national than 2:01 something to really be too concerned with that nonsense anyways.
S3 IS NOW!! Websites just gone down for maintenance DD
Master server is spotty right now too.
Gotta be S3
Attached images
s3.PNG
your pic is 333 pixels too wide, S3 released
Quote from edge3147 :This is just a fantasy inside your head.

hmm it's possible, but you haven't truly convinced me. there has to be some explanation for this trend of easy console games being so popular.

on the other hand you have COD and such that aren't cakewalks for a noob for sure, but even a beginner gets to kill stuff once in a while.

of course this doesn't apply to EVERY american. no insults intended! it's a reflection on what american gaming companies have chosen as their offering based on what they thought would profit the most. i think there may be a bit of a vicious cycle here.

MacFox, your point about timezones being a problem is so true. but it just confirms my speculation. if americans loved challenges, i mean really truly sought out the greatest challenge then they would pick LFS as their (edit: multiplayer) driving sim and we wouldn't have a timezone problem on this continent.

by the way when i say american i'm including canadians in that bunch. we're more of the same, on average.
"early access is a norm now in games development"
- yeah, that's why Scawen should release S2 alpha/beta and work further to finish it... oh wait.

"changes too often"
- from lfs.net: "Live for Speed is a serious racing simulator."- they are working on it since the first day, I'm not sure where you see any changes, it's not like they are suddenly doing an arcade game or flat out or shooter...

"doesn't make sense commercially"
- they don't care about that one very much, they want to create a top simulator, not to earn top money (I'm sort of glad they do, at least since I have seen EA and RealRacing3 and similar "games"...).
Quote from Ped7g :"early access is a norm now in games development"
- yeah, that's why Scawen should release S2 alpha/beta and work further to finish it... oh wait.

Oh wait, S2 alpha/beta is already done!
19-December-2014? Release s3? 267 days left (countdown)

Why lfs news said:

News was on (added Wed, Dec 28th, 2011 17:00)
We wish you a happy 2012, and we'll release the updates as soon as we can!

This year already in 2012 nothing next 2013 probably still nothing! Fake 2 years.

Again next in 2014 we see that last!
+1
-
(zaskarboy) DELETED by Scawen : spam + replies to spam
-
(LukaPsB) DELETED by Scawen : spam + replies to spam
-
(shimon-ifraimov) DELETED by Scawen : spam + replies to spam
-
(Slider-[DE]) DELETED by Scawen : bumping ancient thread

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG