The online racing simulator
Bullshit.

Physics is not secondary factor. Regardless Scawen's exact aspirations. You don't know what I imply.

Quote :it's rather pointless investing in LFS or hoping for a return to any form of popularity.

This is bombast. Or bullshit. Pick one.
"Live for Speed is know known as Left For Dead" By: Simracingtonight. Spot on!
Quote from Breizh :Bullshit.

LOL! There's no room here for faith. That ship sailed long ago my friend.
Quote from OTone :"Live for Speed is know known as Left For Dead" By: Simracingtonight. Spot on!

Not really.. They have iRacing's dicks shoved so far down their throat, it's coming out of their ass. They don't even try to fake it, they wear about as much iRacing apparel as humanly possible. It might as well be called "iRacingTonight" for their blatant biases.
What does calling out a fact do with iRacing fanboyism? Oh gosh...
Quote from Kristi :What does calling out a fact do with iRacing fanboyism? Oh gosh...

Have you ever watched their "show"?

Airquotes because it's really just a giant advert.
I did. I know they are so biased towards iRacing. But still... what does it have to do with calling LFS dead? The two things aren't even related.
Quote from OTone :"Live for Speed is know known as Left For Dead" By: Simracingtonight. Spot on!

Link to quote?
It seemed pretty alive last time I played. Personally I felt well entertained.
Maybe it is just a matter of which server to join?

Quote from Macfox :LOL! There's no room here for faith. That ship sailed long ago my friend.

Who needs faith when instead you can have facts?
But of course you can not have facts since your last time online was 3 years ago...So you would be unaware about any australian racing last weekend either I guess. What use is it repeating what others say on forum...silly doom prohpet parrots.
LFS won't die. If it remains exactly the same as it is now for the next 10 years the same people playing and defending it now will still be playing it. But it's not really growing either.

I'm still waiting for a dynamic track conditions like tyres rubbering in the track or a more sensitive and realistic damage model
Maybe there's still pretty much constant number of players, but look at the load of different server types - Major part of users is on cruise and drift servers, there's barely few people which actually race... Excluding BL1@FBM
Quote from R@fiXII :Maybe there's still pretty much constant number of players, but look at the load of different server types - Major part of users is on cruise and drift servers, there's barely few people which actually race... Excluding BL1@FBM

BL1 @ FBM? That combo makes the FBM look like a track.
Quote from Macfox :LOL! There's no room here for faith. That ship sailed long ago my friend.

Along with your grasp of english.
Quote from Gutholz :Link to quote?
It seemed pretty alive last time I played. Personally I felt well entertained.
Maybe it is just a matter of which server to join?

Who needs faith when instead you can have facts?
But of course you can not have facts since your last time online was 3 years ago...So you would be unaware about any australian racing last weekend either I guess. What use is it repeating what others say on forum...silly doom prohpet parrots.

There you go:

http://i.imgur.com/DqR3qs7.jpg

Link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_14WxbFimAU
Which is from Darin... He's very subjective about everything. Good example is with the hardware they 'review'. Give him something for free and he will praise it. Reject to give him something for free and your product is a piece of shit.

The same goes to iRacing. They're obviously properly sponsored by them, so they (at least Darin) won't say a bad thing. The older dude (can't remember his name) was not like this IMO, so it's a shame they lost the last speck of objectivity in their shows.
So Bose, you know what we have to do...

Lets just send them a vibrator, Tell them that you duct tape it to your wheel and adjust it to your liking, and it simulates the cars engine vibration. Watch as they review it swimmingly!
Quote from Bose321 :
The same goes to iRacing. They're obviously properly sponsored by them, so they (at least Darin) won't say a bad thing. The older dude (can't remember his name) was not like this IMO, so it's a shame they lost the last speck of objectivity in their shows.

The other dude (Shaun Cole) actually left the show and the city without telling Darin. Big drama
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So Bose, you know what we have to do...

Lets just send them a vibrator, Tell them that you duct tape it to your wheel and adjust it to your liking, and it simulates the cars engine vibration. Watch as they review it swimmingly!

We should put a LFS sticker on it, say it costs a few hundred quid, and send it as a gift from the developers. That way Darin will think he has an expensive piece of simracing hardware for free, which will make him love LFS.
Im just after reading alot of this thread... the argueing isint working would it not be better for us all or a large quantity of us to ask the developers nicely.
Not just a new thread od sombody asking hows things going or whatever and then a bombshell of people calling them all the names under the sun how about everybody asks nicley in one F*cking thread and every person who trys to argue with somebody asking how its going there comment gets removed its pointless argueing over it.. Its not working... i do agree with one the development is too slow in fairness but i cant do it so i shall wait.. But i wont wait for much longer just stateing not asking for aload of haters!
Quote from cathal50cc :Im just after reading alot of this thread... the argueing isint working would it not be better for us all or a large quantity of us to ask the developers nicely.

Problem is, if Scawen gives any kind of time estimation, everyone jumps on it like a slut on a dick and proceeds to treat it like a promise and that they're entitled to whatever was "promised". As infuriating as it is, silence is actually better because then the retards don't treat everything as a promise and instead just rage on each other over past "promises".
But other normal developers, indies and not, announce what they work on specifiq. They also changes adds/removes through the development, but instead ScaViEr beeing really poor at learning how to filter the usefull information and feedback from the community. They killed off the whole thing by ignoring the community which made this game to what it is today.

It's actually quite simple, ignore the worst whiners and focus your energy on the ones worth your time. Not treat us all like fools by giving out one statement each year "working on stuff, secret you can't see". It worked in 2008-2009, but not anymore.
Quote from The Very End :But other normal developers, indies and not, announce what they work on specifiq. They also changes adds/removes through the development, but instead ScaViEr beeing really poor at learning how to filter the usefull information and feedback from the community. They killed off the whole thing by ignoring the community which made this game to what it is today.

It's actually quite simple, ignore the worst whiners and focus your energy on the ones worth your time. Not treat us all like fools by giving out one statement each year "working on stuff, secret you can't see". It worked in 2008-2009, but not anymore.

Other developers get into similar situations as Scavier, but for whatever ****ing reason, this community takes every baited breath as a promise. Other communities go "oh cool, developer is planning this".

The LFS community (at least a subset, for whatever reason, probably brain damage) takes it as this promise and expectation that they are entitled to whatever was announced.

That's the difference between other developers and LFS. Other communities are a lot less conceited and entitled to whatever the developer mentions as a potential feature.
There's a reason for that, you know.

The difference between LFS and the majority of other games is that other gaming devs don't tend to change their plans ever so often as the LFS devs do. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to change your plans every now and then, but if that's the only thing you ever do, you're never going to get anything done.

So if you're used to other developers following through with their announcements and delivering what they have been aiming to deliver which is what happens in most other games, people also presume whatever the LFS developers say will actually happen.

The LFS devs way of solving this issue as of past few years is to clam up and stay silent about the future, which isn't exactly the healthiest approach for the community. What would work, is state your current plans, stick to them, deliver, and start communicating again.
Has Scawen really changed his plans that much though other than timeframe? The things that have been on the docket for some time are still tyre physics, Scirocco and Rockingham.

The things that have been "distractions" are either things to fix a imminent problem (DX9 support because AMD cards are ****ing up at DX8) or things that interest Scawen like proper VR support. Something that is important as a developer, is that if you're in a state where you're unmotivated, doing a "personal interest" project can renew your motivation on a greater project.
I'm talking about the development plans as a whole, rather than just Scawen in particular. Rest of the GTR interior updates and Rockingham come in to mind, announced when was it, 2008?

From what I've heard, the LFS track has been open this whole time to the public at the Rockingham race ciruit, just not for the paying customers at home. If that is not messed up, I don't know what is.
Quote from Matrixi :I'm talking about the development plans as a whole, rather than just Scawen in particular. Rest of the GTR interior updates and Rockingham come in to mind, announced when was it, 2008?

From what I've heard, the LFS track has been open this whole time to the public at the Rockingham race ciruit, just not for the paying customers at home. If that is not messed up, I don't know what is.

Could not have said it any better. If Rockingham is good enough for the actual track to run machines with LFS and Rockingham, it's damn good enough for the people that helped fund this entire project by providing funds through licenses and other products offered from LFS.

The fact that they continue to withhold new content over some concern regarding physics is just stupid. When the new physics come out, the entire game is going to change, including the play on the original content. What is wrong with allowing us to sorta give this "new" content a beta test and find problems such a texture, surface or wall issues like have been found on other tracks.

It would also give some sort of definitive hope that actual progress is being made and we aren't being fed some sort of false flag to keep new license purchases coming in.

I have been mostly quiet through the last few threads regarding this but decided to come back as I see more and more people are fed up with the way this Dev team is working.

Go to Steam, where Early Access to new content is now the norm in video game development.

The sooner Scavier realizes this and adopts this method, the better LFS will become.

When it takes you 5+ years to release anything new or even release something you have already announced, you need to set your pride aside and ask for help if you want you project to actually to stay a worthwhile project. If not someone else will beat you to the punch and release something 10 times better and well that will be the end to your little side project.

Let's face it, if you keep saying the same thing over and over like "we are still working on it" but do not deliver for over 5 years, your words are going to be nothing more than just words. Especially when there is content that could be released to show your appreciation for our continued support or even to just keep the interest alive for others.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG