The online racing simulator
Anyone uses Team Speak??
(39 posts, started )
Anyone uses Team Speak??
Hi, just wondering if anyone is using Team Speak? Maybe a useful/fun thing when racing? I only have a client version, anyone got a server going?
#2 - Gunn
I believe that Ventrillo wins the award for the least laggy solution, but I haven't used it for a while. Many people use TeamSpeak happily, I find it laggy.
Yeah, i occasionally jump on a TS when racing.. Mind you it often gets a little hard to hear someone when you're racing.
And it's often a bit uncomfortable reaching for that 'push to talk' button in the middle of a corner or something :P I don't really like having the auto-mic thingy on.

But it can be fun if you're just mucking around
yes use teamspeak all the time.. servers going ? loads of them hehe. better off joining specific servers for the game server you are joining though.
i sometimes do, but not often due to himselves singing^^^^^
i did.. on the clownpaint server, but i cant really ever find anyone on it anymore
We use a ventrilo 2.1.4 version. Unlimited users (mostly over 50 in our voice chat playing WoW and LFS) and a very much better sound quality then "TeamSqueek".

You can dl the version here: www.fragmaster.net/vt
Ventrilo 6 - 0 Teamspeak

But I think teams have already noticed that they can use these programs if they want, and on public servers it would be useless..
We use ts everytime we race in 4ignition...great fun to hear each other while racing..i don't care about quality...it eats only 2kb of up stream and is almost invisible for the system.
We have our own TS server running and use it on a daily basis
cant really relate to poor quality or lag for that matter...seems to be running nicely imo...either way...its a nice tool to use whenever you play any kind of online games
Aces High (combat flight simulator) has 'teamspeak' embedded right into teh game. It works out really well. It would be a nice feature to have in LFS and would be a key diferentiator. Just to be able to tell a lapped car that you are passing underneath them would be a huge help.
#12 - MR_B
Yep I do, it can be a barrel of laughs a lot of the time. I try not to talk because my mic is a webcam :P *ashamed*
ooh.. you hid it.. now its in gaming section, it used to be just on the main page
TeamSpeak, so far so good.
TS all the way, usually use it to slag off Frankys driving though...but its useful if you have admins on there in a busy server.
Quote from Clownpaint :...teamspeak server ...total server capacity is 40 people...

Attached images
53100.JPG
CoRe Racing has its own 24-slot Ventrilo 2.3.0 server (at a mere $5 per month). Low lag, and clear as a telephone. Its great to be able to talk while online. Most people usually are quiet during races, but once they are over, the smack talking commences.
My WoW guild used TS extensively for 40-man raids and just BSing and such. It always ran without a hitch and I was even able to run WoW and TS on dial-up. I have no experience with Vent.
I'm always on TS. Period. Me clans like my second family *the crows says awwwwwwwww*

Hardly use vent, when i did use it, it took me about 20 minutes to set-up and i've been told it uses up more of your bandwidth than TS? (please tell me if i am wrong)
#20 - Jakg
aparently [MG] have it, which would be great for cops and robbers

Damn, if only we ever used it

/me checks forum and finds huge thread on TS

Oops
Quote from Crazy Harry :We use a ventrilo 2.1.4 version. Unlimited users (mostly over 50 in our voice chat playing WoW and LFS) and a very much better sound quality then "TeamSqueek".

You can dl the version here: www.fragmaster.net/vt

I am there right now.Cool guys
Quote from drift_apprentice :Hi, just wondering if anyone is using Team Speak? Maybe a useful/fun thing when racing? I only have a client version, anyone got a server going?

TeamSpeak is very nice prog, though its way too big and causes substantial lag in previous times within several games.

Mostly it was used in shooters and I think it has some function there, however not in racing games / sims etc.

Within racing games it's used mostly in a negative way witch I don't like .
Let me explain this

Player A joins, some time later player B joins, then suddenly player a or b write : TS ? Funny is that both players are team members, same nick colors etc.

Then a race start. And every time again it's very interesting to experience the way those team members with TS are behaving...

1 of them has a good start and number 2 is blocking all other racers so that number 1 can go. Did'nt we see that some time ago in Formula 1 also ? very good concept. "Go Schumi, I, Massa, block Alsonso, gogogo "

Imo, speaking prg's can be very usefull but not in LFS, tell me the real function. Btw Roger Wilco is much smaller and better too

I`m using skype ,very nice programm.
#24 - Jakg
Quote from Artobu :I`m using skype ,very nice programm.

eats bandwidth and cpu tho, plus it is always going, even when you have nothing to say
so as I'm totally new to this can someone tell me if I can run this on a personal LFS game between a friend and myself? Whats needed to use it?

Was thinking of trying skype but concerned about bandwidth with it while playing the game. Just looking for a way to chat to a friend while we screw around in a 2 man race (maybe a few others here and there as well....)

Anyone uses Team Speak??
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG