The online racing simulator
Haha! I think we'll be seeing a lot more rednecks at the spring event this year.
oh damn, Richard Petty... At least his opinion is valid
Woo! The last pure national stock car series is green in Daytona (albeit with not enough power to do much of anything ) ARCA racing's 200 mile race.

Edit: And a big crash due to inexperience. Here's a stream link: http://www.racefansonlytv.com/

Stream password is: daytona
Choo choo
matt obviously watched 2012 talladega2 there, got some drivin tips from tony
I'm more impressed with danica's self spin. Then Ricky slams into her. Looks like one of our practice sessions
Bitter sweet race for me. Return to great memories of watching NASCAR in the past, while at the same time a fiery rage in the stomach at what the series is becoming.

On the true superspeedways if you're going to keep the cars glued to the ground you need to add more drag than last year's package. Good move by NASCAR (probably the only good change this year) to make the rear spoiler height change at the plate tracks. The effects of changes elsewhere are yet to be seen, but I don't see them helping much.
As expected, the 3 is on the pole.
Quote from UncleBenny :Am I correct to assume we're going to be stuck with this for all of the FOX races in the beginning of the year? How did anyone ever think that was better than the old ticker on top of the screen? Disgusting.

I don't know probably by some dumb ass flailing his hands around going heyyyyy we can fit more ad space in there derrrrp
As I (think) I said before, the larger rear spoiler was a needed change. However, I don't see a way to make the racing better at the plate tracks without creating more and bigger wrecks unless some major changes are made.

Greater closing rates mean more crashes, but more passing and actual racing action. Lesser closing rates mean less crashes with less racing. I cannot think of an alternative which would improve racing without creating more crashes unless they change the way the events look completely the way that tandems did.

My honest suggestion is to raise the grandstands (cutting back the first ~20 rows since attendance is poor anyways) and raise the walls, give them more give (the walls) and attempt to ease back on the plates and downforce to reduce cornering ability. What were the speeds like at Michigan a few years ago unrestricted? 220 top speed? This shouldn't be much different. Indy Car goes faster than NASCAR does on similar speedways (size) out of packs. I'd be curious to see what addition of speed and reduction of downforce would be needed to reduce cornering ability and bring more of a normal look to NASCAR's biggest event(s). I think with a few external track modifications (walls and grandstands) the event could be just as exciting or more so than it is now without the big pack of cars ending up in a junkyard towards the end of the race. Average lap times shouldn't be lower than 40 seconds by any means (225mph), but I think 41 seconds (~220) would be okay if the pack would disappear leaving the best handling cars to draft in the straights and battle in the corners for the win.

Would this fit into NASCAR's current marketing strategy? Of course not, but is their current marketing strategy really working? This is something that we will find out by the end of this season

Edit: In short, higher walls, bigger plates (upper 500's HP rather than 400's), more drag, less downforce, terminal velocity alone around 215 - 220 mph.

I enjoy debating ideas, so feel free to point out flaws. It makes everybody involved more knowledgeable and understanding
Greater closing rates does not mean more accidents. Just means Matt Kenseth needs to stay in his lane.
Quote from Yuusei :Greater closing rates does not mean more accidents. Just means Matt Kenseth needs to stay in his lane.

No, not directly, but the end result is the same in almost every circumstance.

Also, I hear that Fox is changing their ticker?
Pretty wacky speedweeks so far.

^ Who said game physics weren't realistic?
Clint Bowyer did a great job to drive that off, I mean who the hell actually expects someone to land that? On the plus side for casey mears, running out of fuel probably saved his car
Time to see the new trucks run. Rain is over.

live stream: racefansonlytv.com
password is: daytona

As always, I'm pulling for Darrell Wallace Jr. and against fake yellows that I hope to never see again
Good strategy by Peters, but honestly, I feel like he was just asking for a wreck with all that defensive driving. I'm (surprisingly) happy that Kyle won.

2014 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(221 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG