The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :It's to bring more cars into the mix and also eliminate the silly incidents from inexperienced drivers trying to tandem (think John King 2012).

If you can't keep up at a plate track then too bad
Gg nascar
Since when did NASCAR become a stick and ball sport needing 'playoffs'?

For....what 50 years the old point system worked great.

Then a certain drunk Brian France took over and bam, shit hit the fan didn't it? So let's say Danica wins the first 3 races of the year.

She could take the rest of the year off, go marry Ricky, go have a kid and not have to show up till race 27
Quote from DieKolkrabe :So let's say Danica wins the first 3 races of the year.

She could take the rest of the year off, go marry Ricky, go have a kid and not have to show up till race 27

She doesn't even need 3, only 1.
Quote from Gougoodthing :She doesn't even need 3, only 1.

Exactly, last year the chase field would have featured Brian Vickers, David Regan and Tony Stewart, but not included Kurt Busch.

Then at the final race in Homestead Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, and Kevin Harvick would have been even as far as points entering.

Tell me how this is fair for racing. Other sports have playoffs so that the championship is decided while playing against your nearest competitor. The Chase was acceptable, but this? You race the same people all year already! How is one race an acceptable measure of a champion? 10 is barely enough in my opinion.
Quote from Cornys :Exactly, last year the chase field would have featured Brian Vickers, David Regan and Tony Stewart, but not included Kurt Busch.

If this does go ahead, they would only be putting people in the chase who are going for Cup points, so Vickers would not have been in it.
Retarted idea, drivers wouldn't need to race again no matter what till the chase if they win 2 races.

How many drivera actually won a race in the normal season though, 16 drivers seems like it might allow some through points.
Quote from Mustafur :Retarted idea, drivers wouldn't need to race again no matter what till the chase if they win 2 races.

How many drivera actually won a race in the normal season though, 16 drivers seems like it might allow some through points.

Agreed. I am fine with expanding the field to 16 but thats it. As far as eliminations, drivers are eliminated mathmatically already.
What I don't get is they make a point system that favours consistency then they try to add a win favoured rule on top.

Why not use a win favoured points system in the first place?
Because it is nascar?
Just to point out. NW and CWTS still use season long champ and it is still a very close championship battle...
Quote from Mustafur :What I don't get is they make a point system that favours consistency then they try to add a win favoured rule on top.

Why not use a win favoured points system in the first place?

Exactly!

1 = 60
2 = 50
3 = 45
4 = 43
5 = 41
6 = 39
7 = 37
(rest the same as before)

No chase, and be done with it. Makes every win matter

OR just give 10 bonus for a win. The chase makes the first 26 less exciting to me.. by a large margin. Now the first 35 would be less exciting
Basically, just watch Daytona 500, All-star, Coke 600, Bristol Night, Darlington, race 26, 29, 32, 35, 36.
Quote from PMD9409 :Basically, just watch Daytona 500, All-star, Coke 600, Bristol Night, Darlington, race 26, 29, 32, 35, 36.

I'll likely do exactly this.. having not missed a race on TV or Radio (or in person) in almost 10 years.

Only I'll probably cut out the All-Star race. That race has never ment much of anything to me.
So cut out the all star races and watch the last 20 laps of both Dega races along with Daytona in July.

Good looking car, shame about the horse
lol
Qualifying

"Sounds like quals at tracks 1.25-miles & up will be 3 rounds of knockout. Full field for 25 mins, then 24 for 10 mins, then 12 for 5 mins"

"Sounds like quals for under 1.25-miles will be 2 sessions. Full field for 30 mins, then fastest 12 for 10 mins."

"New format won't apply to Daytona 500, non-points Sprint Cup Series events or Camping World Truck Series event at Eldora Speedway."
well thats not the worst
Product differentiation is slowly going away in auto racing. That's all I'm thinking about this change. What one Earth is it going to look like at Talladega or Daytona in the Summer. . Hopefully not a junk yard.
The glorafication of the qualifying session begins.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Qualifying

"Sounds like quals at tracks 1.25-miles & up will be 3 rounds of knockout. Full field for 25 mins, then 24 for 10 mins, then 12 for 5 mins"

"Sounds like quals for under 1.25-miles will be 2 sessions. Full field for 30 mins, then fastest 12 for 10 mins."

Where've I heard that idea before...?
Daytona and Talladega will definitely be, ummm, interesting to say the least.

It takes them 2-3 laps to get up to speed, doesn't it? So what if someone wrecks on their second lap? The session gets red flagged and then they have to start from the pits with 3 minutes left. Then they might not even get a good lap in (Guess it's an even playing field for everyone, though).

Also, won't the order they line up in to start the session (assuming they are all going right out at the start) be critical to deciding who gets the fastest lap down?
4 car teams theoretically should be fastest at the SuperSpeedways.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG