The online racing simulator
Quote from kruGeR :it was sacarstic

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
back on my main point ! THEY NEED TO DO something quick with something very strong because they losing credibility
but that's my humble point of view
-
(kruGeR) DELETED by kruGeR : none
I don't think you understand what sarcasm is.
-
Quote from kruGeR :damn Dawesdust are you gonna arguing on everything i say !

sarcasm definition :
These adjectives mean having or marked by a feeling of bitterness and a biting or cutting quality. Sarcastic suggests sharp taunting and ridicule that wounds

my story was sarcastic yes

If you had valid points, or used words correctly, I wouldn't have anything to argue about now would I?

Your story was not sarcastic. It was a ridiculous piece of fiction, but not sarcasm.

-
Quote from kruGeR :Look Dawesdust you look like a 21 years old guy who want to be reconized i'm done you are right about everything i do not know anything about simulator i dont know what does mean sarcasm!

But let me tell you something i have 18years of kart racing i start drifting IN REAL LIFE 14 years ago i did race on Real race track i have a steering for the 2014 CTCC serie That you probably know but I CANT tell the difference between an arcade game and a simulator so believe what you think i dont mind ! I'm done

Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from kruGeR :
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruGeR View Post
Look Dawesdust you look like a 21 years old guy who want to be reconized i'm done you are right about everything i do not know anything about simulator i dont know what does mean sarcasm!

But let me tell you something i have 18years of kart racing i start drifting IN REAL LIFE 14 years ago i did race on Real race track i have a steering for the 2014 CTCC serie That you probably know but I CANT tell the difference between an arcade game and a simulator so believe what you think i dont mind ! I'm done

Looks like he also does not know anything about punctuation.
My thoughts are that LFS has been kept alive over the last 6 years, mainly by a lack of competition. Other sims have come and gone, but none have been able to match LFS in 3 key areas; physics, multiplayer and value. Sure, numbers have dwindled significantly, but many people are still keeping a close eye out for updates as, although they may be bored with the content, there is still nothing out there that's better.

For the first time, it has a true competitor. The very promising Assetto Corsa has (I think) covered physics and value very well, but it has no multiplayer. The AC multiplayer release might seal the fate of LFS. If it is released before the next major update to LFS and is good, then it might be the end. If Scawen can get the update out first, or AC multiplayer sucks, then who knows.

My thoughts only, of course. ☺
Thing is, I don't think that AC will win so many hearts simply because of high PC requirements. LFS can virtually run on a toaster, so a lot of people in less wealthy areas will be likely to stick with LFS.
But it's not all about the graphics, AC actually performs good in terms of physics and value. As you say there will be people stuck on LFS due to computer problems, but I don't think that it will be many. Most will surely go to AC if the MP is great. Also beeing in constant development gives and immage of an expanding and improving game, rather than staling and slowly crawling to a stop like a certain other game
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Thing is, I don't think that AC will win so many hearts simply because of high PC requirements. LFS can virtually run on a toaster, so a lot of people in less wealthy areas will be likely to stick with LFS.

Fair point, although that factor will diminish over time I guess.
Also, agree with TVE's point about AC being in early development. There's nothing like new content and features being released every few weeks to keep people interested.

Really hope that Scawen gets a major release in before AC multilayer though. It would be really interesting to see how it turns out.
My 5 year old PC can run AC on low graphics decently, even with AI. I was going low-budget at that time, so I don't think wealth would really restrict the fame of Assetto Corsa. If someone doesn't have a PC that can run anything above LFS, that is probably not intending to play videogames at all.
If we compare AC graphics to LFS, then LFS is like Sega Mega Drive 2 game. Ancient graphics. Well, it's really big shame that those three lazy dudes can't put themselves together and release something that was planned to be released 5 years ago. It's just ridiculous. 5 years! Omg, there is no point of waiting, even if we gonna await it, some part of community won't play because of principles. Also, 5 years is really big time gap. If devs think that we have tons of time to wait and after s3 release all racers gonna come back, then I am afraid it's untrue. LFS devs are the biggest lairs. It's really shocking that they act so unprofessionally and irresponsibly.
Quote from seniecka :If we compare AC graphics to LFS, then LFS is like Sega Mega Drive 2 game. Ancient graphics. Well, it's really big shame that those three lazy dudes can't put themselves together and release something that was planned to be released 5 years ago. It's just ridiculous. 5 years! Omg, there is no point of waiting, even if we gonna await it, some part of community won't play because of principles. Also, 5 years is really big time gap. If devs think that we have tons of time to wait and after s3 release all racers gonna come back, then I am afraid it's untrue. LFS devs are the biggest lairs. It's really shocking that they act so unprofessionally and irresponsibly.

This isn't a prison. You can leave any time you like (preferably right now).
Quote from seniecka :Well, it's really big shame that those three lazy dudes can't put themselves together and release something that was planned to be released 5 years ago. It's just ridiculous. 5 years!
LFS devs are the biggest lairs. It's really shocking that they act so unprofessionally and irresponsibly.

They haven't lied about anything. And I can't see how they are lazy. And if anything the proof about their responsibility and professionalism is pretty obvious in the product: for close to 10 years it has worked with almost 99% up-time.

Whenever you manage to make a living, raise a family and pursue a thing called "having a life" through the fruit of your own labor, without having a boss over your head, then perhaps you'll understand. In the meantime, no one owes you anything.
Quote from xaotik :They haven't lied about anything. And I can't see how they are lazy. And if anything the proof about their responsibility and professionalism is pretty obvious in the product: for close to 10 years it has worked with almost 99% up-time.

Whenever you manage to make a living, raise a family and pursue a thing called "having a life" through the fruit of your own labor, without having a boss over your head, then perhaps you'll understand. In the meantime, no one owes you anything.

It'll never cease to amaze me the children who seem to think that Scawen (et all) are slaves to us because we purchased a software licence.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It'll never cease to amaze me the children who seem to think that Scawen (et all) are slaves to us because we purchased a software licence.

+1 I totally agree, it baffles me to. !
Don't bullshit me about that 'leave then' and etc. No, I won't. You making fools of yourself believing in nothing and acting such awesome, judicial dudes. Don't pretend you are gonna wait as long as you need. No need to draw yourself as a hero. You are not unique. We all are wait along with you, and no matter if we do like it, or not. And those, who are not afraid to express frustration about being unhappy as far they has been waiting already for 5 year for some kind of update - win. We are not a band of sheeps. The opinion should be stated about all this circus. When silence doesn't make any difference - we need to attract devs attention on what they are doing (more likely, they do nothing). Don't like someone who has the point and isn't afraid of spreading his thoughts? I have a message - go and **** yourself. 5 years... DEAR or DEAR... and yes. DEAR OH DEAR *cry* *cry* I know you feel the same, but you are a bunch of cowards to express your thoughts. It has been ridiculous 5 year period, devs have read many negative posts and they has already decided to delay the stuff a long time ago, or even cancel everything just because of that negativity.
Even if this S3 comes out - I won't play. Devs already stole 5 years. It's not worth to be waited for 5 years, and this forum even gives me more joy than an actual LFS game.

I've been patient for a very long time, for those 5 years and keeping my frustration in myself all the time, but it can't go on. It's just a matter of time when it hits you, and if this won't happen with you - you simply don't love this simulator and don't care about it. Also, I can't comprehend those who acting so critical over those who makes negative, but true statements. The majority of those are rookies in LFS. Of course, how could you understand us, who have already been waiting for years, since you just have started playing this simulator.

Sorry for my open opinion over this all circus. No need to post more useless critics over me and other guys. You would say the same about my critics on simulator, but the thing is - I am a customer who invested in this simulator to have a joy and I want to continue doing it, but the project is barely alive, I would have invested a long time ago in S3, but no - I won't do this, as far I am punk'd. As a customer I have a right to express my frustration, meanwhile I don't serve for you, so I don't give a **** about your damn critics. My and others messages are supposed to be as an alarm to devs to hurry up, or they gonna loose all their potential customers, who still believe in S3 and hold their money for it. If they won't hurry up, there would be a definitely a break point in those customers' way and they will spend those held money for other things. Ta-dah.
Yes, it is disappointing that it's been over 5 years since any content has been released. Yes, it'd be nice if some content was released.

No, it's NOT the dev's fault you feel like you do. While I am dissatisfied at the lack of new content, guess what? I've manned up and dealt with it, and still do what I want with the software. I paid for it as-is, as the terms state.

I suggest that, instead of wasting kilobytes of data and bandwidth complaining and writing walls of text and this aggro over the development, you should instead support those who may think the same way but keep it to themselves and instead focus that energy in using what we already have which is still a damn fine simulator.

Juvenile minds complain and complain; Adult minds complain but take action to deal with their complaints.
seniecka, its a computer game that you're ranting and raving about.
Find some perspective!
Quote from dekojester :...Adult minds complain but take action to deal with their complaints.

Amen to that!
SOoo, let me get this straight, you call everyone that has a constructive negative veiw on the development a kid? That tells more about you than the user you aimed at. And "I AGERE" statements are so dull and borring that you can either 1: explain your opinion well, or "2: log off and go away you troll.

See what I did there? I called you a troll, the same as most of you calls us "whiners". What kind of sick enviroment has this forum become, where we canot express the opinions without getting nailed to the god damn Scirocco cross for the 8th deadly sin "DO NOT TALK CRAP ABOUT LFS" ?

It's not about money, value or what not - I both got the enjoyment, value, money and so on from LFS by far. For many years I have enjoyed the game, yes MANY, but as time moves on you veiw things differently, you grown up and you changes opinions and tastes.
Saying LFS is still "the best" out there is... it's mad men's talk. Now there are so many games that beats LFS to it socks in various areas, and others claiming something else is either in denial or just too stubborn to realize it.

I agree LFS offers, still today, a great allround package, good at every aspect but not great at any (in todays standards).
* Graphics - they are nice, but old
* Multiplayer code - they are still pretty damn good, but it's not the best thing around
* Interface, looks, astetics, designs and so on - it's really falling behind here, compared to other games
* Development - close to none
* Dialoge between users / developers - catastrophal

So as said before, the game is good, but very much outdated. It's too starting to coming to surface that the devs really are feed up by much of it's community, and therfor treats 'em like that too (feed up).

I'm happily taking an disccussion any day about these things, with people who are worth it. Hoshimodo you got a free cookie, you made me tip just over the edge with your god damn "I agree, u suck" type of comment, and made me ramble on about what I think about LFS these days. Maybe it was a little uncalled for and maybe it was unfair that this ragemonster whent full retard mode on you (for that I'm sorry :/ )

Fact is, either the devs can start treating the community they have nice, or they can simply - as most of it's user base, disapear.
What had LFS been without the community which made things like Highres textures when the devs could not be arsed to do it themself? What would LFS be without advanced insim and tracking systems (do I need to mention CTRA?) made by the community? What would LFS be without the organized races and leagues by the community?
It would be something, sure, but I doubt it would have reached anywear near the status it got thanks to the community. Where the devs failed the community pulled through and made it live long, sadly it canot continue like it. Show us the propper respect and start talking about the god damn things you do Scawen, Eric and Victor. Don't say crap like "things we work on", "the wheeels are round" , do actions. Show us and talk with us.

Edit: And the actions done instead of complaining (refering to adults taking actions)? Moved on, as most users did. But the child inside me still hopes for an update, therfor I keep coming back to this forum to have a discussion, chat or whatnot with the community that once were a great bunch of nice people. The community today is but a shadow of it's former self. It got mistreaten from the inside, and got left in the dark by the devs.
Quote from The Very End :What had LFS been without the community which made things like Highres textures when the devs could not be arsed to do it themself? What would LFS be without advanced insim and tracking systems (do I need to mention CTRA?) made by the community? What would LFS be without the organized races and leagues by the community?
It would be something, sure, but I doubt it would have reached anywear near the status it got thanks to the community. Where the devs failed the community pulled through and made it live long, sadly it canot continue like it.

Where you see failure I see success. They had the knowledge and open-mindedness to provide a platform that could be extended and their creation lived on in all sorts of incarnations. In terms of software engineering this is a spectacular feat that quite a few would be envious of.

Constructively criticizing an existing product for its shortcomings is one thing. Actively insulting the people who created it is a totally different thing, no matter the pretext.

Put it in context though, if this is your reaction towards the creators of a program you have enjoyed and were entertained by for years what should be your reaction towards the creator of a computer virus that caused data loss for you? And that is limiting it just to the computer-related part of your life. What should be your reaction to people who control events that cause unnecessary and often harmful complications in your life?
Quote from The Very End :What kind of sick enviroment has this forum become, where we canot express the opinions without getting nailed to the god damn Scirocco cross for the 8th deadly sin "DO NOT TALK CRAP ABOUT LFS" ?

What use does it have to express the same "opinion" over and over again? It is just annoying spam: Every month there is a thread with excactly the same postings.
Sometimes it contains more rage, sometimes is worded more nicely, sometimes it is written in all caps - but it is always the same. Makes forum annoying to read.

Quote :Also, I can't comprehend those who acting so critical over those who makes negative, but true statements. The majority of those are rookies in LFS. Of course, how could you understand us, who have already been waiting for years, since you just have started playing this simulator.

True statements for you, not for everyone: Can the "complaining oldtimers" not accept that for some people LFS is still new?
That not everybody knows all tracks by heart yet, that not everybody has mastered all the cars yet, that to some people to race in leagues or try 24h races or whatever is still new and exciting? Just because it got boring for you after many years does not mean everyone else feels the same already.

Did you think what effect it might have on new players when they see all those repeating threads?
It is like having fun at a party and around you is a dozen people all shouting "booooooooring." Kills my mojo!
If there was only one large thread titled "lets talk about how long we wait for s3", I would not mind it, then could easier ignore it...
Quote from Gutholz :What use does it have to express the same "opinion" over and over again? It is just annoying spam: Every month there is a thread with excactly the same postings.
Sometimes it contains more rage, sometimes is worded more nicely, sometimes it is written in all caps - but it is always the same. Makes forum annoying to read.

that is exactly the problem lfs and this forum have, since the devs decided to paint themselves into a corner - regardless of the nice colour they used!
because of the lack of new development - all arguments are spinning round in circles... ...for ages.

now, with development back from the dead, even if it are just minor movements for now, like the 3d support and dx9 testing, we as the community should try to bring back this forum to be a place were racers are welcome.

everyone has the same right to say whatever one wants and also how often one wants to repeat their statements - if you do not want to read it - use the ignore functions that is why they are there!

so in old lfs traditon let´s start a new longest waiting for the patch tread ever and show the devs and the fellow racers in this community that we all still care and that lfs is the most amazing racing simulator in the universe!

give the whole damn thing a big push of love and care - because in the end we all like to see the original lfs concept realized to its full potential and cover all different classes of racing vehicles from bikes to trucks, from closed circuit racing to rally and hillclimb and spanning a day night cycle with all forms of weather.

peace, mo

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG