The online racing simulator
Psychology of somebody who still visits this forum
I am not a psychiatrist so I can only try to tell what I feel, understand about myself and online-racing games:

1) LFS was on of my Life-time-games.

2) Stange enought, nothing out there is simply better, from 2004 to 2014 (INREDIBLE acomplishment of the DEVS of LFS!!!)

3) It is uncredible that LFS has not found a way to develop forward.

4) I onced loved the game, my team, the community and the novelty of the whole LFS-phenomenon.

5) LFS has not been developed as a game since (estimated) 2008.

6) I am not a psychologist enough to understand why someone might keep defending the situation.

7) I am still here.

8) Where is the tyre model (come on!?) scirocco, Rockingham and S3 and so on?

Z30 Dandy Dust aged from 35 to 44 with/without LFS, wonder what happended to the devs of LFS.
schade...schade..
I know right?
Cat in the Hat ?
For me, the game is just "finished" and Im looking forward to another "datadisc/expansion pack"
Quote from Dandy Dust :
Z30 Dandy Dust aged from 35 to 44 with/without LFS, wonder what happended to the devs of LFS.

I think they might have aged the same amount of years in that time.
Makes me sad, I'm never sure if the Dev's are actually working on the next big thing.. Or... just saying that they are and not admitting the game is dead so they don't lose even more sales.
Quote from FPVaaron :Makes me sad, I'm never sure if the Dev's are actually working on the next big thing.. Or... just saying that they are and not admitting the game is dead so they don't lose even more sales.

Why would they give up on it now? they have put 10+ years of their lives into this and it's still providing an income with the possibility of it doing so for many years to come. Every one on here wants s3 released but do you really think the devs don't? Think of the income boost they would get if they released S3, they have a lot more to get it out of releasing it than us.

Look at it another way, in the time lfs has stayed at s2 they could have released many patches, even just cars and tracks and charged for them, go back a couple of years and they could have made a hell of a lot more money out this than they have, probably still could but they choose to do things their way, which is fair enough it is after all their business. This to me though is one of things that makes LFS different, it's almost like we are funding their hobby and watching, even helping it develop, nothing wrong with that at all and to me is part of what makes LFS what it is, a lot more personal than some mass market game/sim and also what keeps a lot people keeping an eye on the forum, just incase that day comes.
2008 to today ist 6 years of selling licences. I can perfectly understand that, it´s also (still) worth that money.
If I look at Iracing, which is incredebly expensive (and I drive too little to spend that much), LFS was allways at a GREAT price! And I allways stated that I would also pay for extra content (as I playes soo many hours).

I never asked for a new tyre model.

I would have liked to receive the scirocco and rockingham, the one or the other way....
Quote from GAVD999 :Think of the income boost they would get if they released S3

I remember reading a post,where Scawen stated that money has never been his main motivation. Which is shown pretty clear otherwise we would have S4 content level already (with same physics/graphics etc. of course).
Indeed Rony, which is what the rest of my post states .
Quote from GAVD999 :.........when that day comes.

Good post Gav but I had to correct the last bit....gotta stay positive.
Hope never dies.
Interesting questions...

When I really think about it, I reckon I don't really care about the Scirocco, or the new tyre physics - I'd appreciate them but if they never come, big deal.
I would kinda like new tracks, but again, no biggie.
I don't even care about the visuals.

What I really miss is drivers to race against. Had a look tonight, and no servers seemed worth bothering with - hardly anyone about

So, other people must care about something, cos they are leaving.
I'm wondering if the non-arrival of the promised stuff actually drove people away, or if the lack of developments would have done the same anyway even if stuff hadn't been announced...
Its where you look then as the demo servers are mostly full the majority of the time. i know its only demo racing but much fun can be had when the crashers are kept away

I totally agree with what you say if its based on the licensed servers
#16 - th84
I like pie.....

And TVE.
Quote :What I really miss is drivers to race against. Had a look tonight, and no servers seemed worth bothering with - hardly anyone about

See race calender at top of forum and events&leagues forum.
https://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22
There is more races then you will have to time to practice for.
I just visit here when i feel like it or i'm multitasking something.
Quote from bishtop :Its where you look then as the demo servers are mostly full the majority of the time. i know its only demo racing but much fun can be had when the crashers are kept away

Fair point, but whenever I succumb to the temptation to try demo, the normal pattern is that I enjoy it for a bit, and then it's ruined by idiots and I end up just wishing I hadn't bothered. (Having a grumpy day today! )

Quote from Gutholz :See race calender at top of forum and events&leagues forum.
https://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22
There is more races then you will have to time to practice for.

Good idea, will check that out. The only downside of organised stuff is the need to find time to practice, rather than just enjoy some casual races. I do enjoy organised events now and then though.
#21 - Davo
Depressed, no job-no money looking for something to do.. my psychiatrist has prescribed me AC but it doesn't fill the void.
Quote from Davo :my psychiatrist has prescribed me AC but it doesn't fill the void.

Take two then...?
I visit this forum everyday....and i stoped playing a while ago. Thing is, there still is a number of interesting threads in here ( 95% of the unrelated to LFS ) .

About the patch or S3, i have given up long ago....i have no trust in the developers, nor do i, at the moment, repect them.
This is the only forum I ever really checked regularly. It's like a funny soap opera. When someone gets banned and creates a, or several, new accounts its like a character died but then was resurrected as a new replacement character.

Psychology of somebody who still visits this forum
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG