The online racing simulator
I really prefer the new tyre physics than scirocco or rockingham

I still enjoy plas LFS as a game, so I just hope one day LFS will be the community as the past was, on S3 lauch
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's fine. He likes your butthole, not you.

Depends which one we are refering to. Often my mouth and my butthole gets mixed up, since both is spewing out shit.
Quote from The Very End :Depends which one we are refering to. Often my mouth and my butthole gets mixed up, since both is spewing out shit.

I hang around because I have a great deal of admiration for what Scawen has achieved, a life style based on his hobby and a working environment where he doesn't get two major crushes over the Christmas period (I do love my job, but there are limits...).

I see Vic every year and consider him a friend. And I even once had a PM from Eric (before that I wasn't even sure he spoke English!).

-*-

For me to get into playing a game again I have to be able to mod it (I did a lot of mods for LFS), and right now my focus is on graphics and shaders. LFS has an old DX engine and no shaders, and the game architecture is only moddable at the server level. It's not like other games where you can take a game built for high fantasy and rebuilt it for Star Wars or something.

Currently I'm actively developing my own game, there is a part of me that hopes I might achieve something similar to what Scawen has, although I know my game is the wrong genre, wrong platform, and despite the odd Christmas double-crunch I do love my job.
Because I see no definitive clues yet that Scawen has given up. There's no psychology required.
Now there's a guy I haven't seen post in a long time!
But somehow it doesn't feel like that long ago. It's gonna sound like self-patting on the back, but IMHO that's benefit of just not forcing yourself to play the game while it's stuck in "limbo" or any other sort of self-imposed stress over something (LFS) you can't control.

It's a lot like when you find a song and it just rocks your world. The "psychology" of players most distressed by the state of LFS is a lot like that of someone who has listened to that song too much, or who's eaten the same admittedly delicious meal three times every day for the last month.

Everyone feeling so much grief over LFS from "waiting" should give that a try. Don't touch LFS till you can get that same sorta simple transparent pleasure you got from it earlier, e.g. when you first started playing it. It's not like you're going to like LFS any less, like what you loved about LFS will change, or like the things about you that make LFS so appealing to you will change. And if they do, why fight it?
"K.I.S.S."
Quote from Breizh :
Everyone feeling so much grief over LFS from "waiting" should give that a try. Don't touch LFS till you can get that same sorta simple transparent pleasure you got from it earlier, e.g. when you first started playing it.

Yeah, ummm, nope, doesn't work for me. So much missed potential but which was not very high on Scawens agenda. So much implied promise that never came to fruitition. Even though Scaven has posted that he'll mash up a reasonable tire model update and whatnot it's going to be an uphill struggle to convince people that they should dedicate time yet again for LFS.

It's not a passion anymore for devs, more like a nuisance that needs to be done as revenue from S2 is not sustaining them anymore.

On that note it's good that I have my iRacing subscription valid for a couple years still and I have a $100 credits waiting to make new content purchases. All this 'excess' could have been LFS's.
non sequitur

[edit]and...
Quote : potential [...] which was not very high on Scawens agenda.

False

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG