Old Skool Classic Race
(87 posts, started )

Poll : An Old Skool Classic Race - Pre 2005/2006 Drivers

Closed since :
Yeah Good Idea and would be fun
No thanks
Server up and running using S1_H7 patch

Fordie
If there's a race in the future, I'd like to attend.
hi
fordman: old school racing is a great idea.
like to be part of it.
greetings
There will be a race in the future, just was testing it tonight, if anybody was interested.

I have a dedicated S1_H7 server ( running from my PC ) that I can load up, as this is what people seem to want to use, instead of the full S2 with maximum slots available.

I am happy to go with what ever, but bear in mind:

I run a server of S1_H7 it will be max 15 slots (This is a LFS limitation, and will include the old South City Classic with rail tracks and old style physics....a lot of fun if you ask me

or

My hosted server will be S2, max 47 slots with the updated tracks and physics

I am only doing this for pure enjoyment and for us all to have some good old fashioned fun, so its your choice

Fordie
I'm getting Unknown Track error while trying to get on Your server :/
Quote from kamo2000 :I'm getting Unknown Track error while trying to get on Your server :/

hmm ok, i am on it now LOL
yep just logged out and re-joined?
Next time maybe
anybody about to help me test this now?

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :anybody about to help me test this now?

Fordie

Yup the S1H7 download available in the LFS Download archive seems to work great.

So will we set any start times for "big" races or will we just be doing pick up races during the weekend?
Quote from felplacerad :Yup the S1H7 download available in the LFS Download archive seems to work great.

So will we set any start times for "big" races or will we just be doing pick up races during the weekend?

I was planning just to do pick up races today, just as a test, as I have never hosted a S1 server, and wanted to make sure it worked ok, then we can do times and dates for bigger races.

The Server is now up and running, but I have password-ed it. I will be sending a message to let you know the password shortly, so if your about tonight and fancy a giggle, then come along.

Only thing to remember, this is Max 16 slots. This is LFS Limitation, not mine

Fordie
Server will be up at 7:30gmt

Hope to see you there, and remember, only 16 slots available

Fordie
I'm up for joining this. Have to admit I was only a demo racer in the S1 days, bought S2 at launch though!
i'm trying to get in.. what's the secret club word?
that was fun those bumps on the blackwood straight remind me of the nurburgring
Visiting the parents this weekend, spent the evening digging out bits of computers and game controllers.

Found my DFP with Frex conversion but for some reason it wouldn't power up. So found a USB gamepad to use instead.

Tried to get an old PC running, went out and got a CPU fan (all the pegs had broken through age and the fan was in the bottom of the case!), then for some reason it wasn't recognising USB game controllers.

In the end got it running on my laptop with the game controller, but looks like everyone has finished, probably for the best, LX6 round SO classic is a bit of a handful with it!

Definitely up for joining if people want to do it again.
Actually, this is great. Had a go off line, not wanting to embarass myself too much, but awesome.

See you guys online soon.
Hi Guys,

Sorry I had to leave last night, had some family bad news, although expected. I hope you all enjoyed it. I will be on it again tonight, as need some cheering up

Hopefully see you about

Regards

Fordie
Server will be up in 30mins

Fordie
just downloaded it, greatfun, got no unlock codes at the moment.
The password, anyone?
Laggy evening today so i setup my own server to check - no one connecting maybe port problem? 63392 opened.
Quote from kamo2000 :Laggy evening today so i setup my own server to check - no one connecting maybe port problem? 63392 opened.

Working great. Where is everyone?
been on fordie's server - nobody there either.
Was a great racing with Fel. No idea why no one else showed up - There were like 6 racers on fordman's server :/
Oh well next time fellas

Old Skool Classic Race
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG